Author Topic: Hemp Oil Anyone?  (Read 5586 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Hemp Oil Anyone?
« on: June 03, 2012, 01:26:53 pm »
Interesting interview on oneradionetwork on hemp oil

http://www.oneradionetwork.com/healing-modalites/thomas-james-is-quite-high-on-hemp-products/

Product at
http://www.hempusa.org/pages.php?pID=55&CDpath=0

Anyone into Hemp Oil or have used it?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Hemp Oil Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 08:44:34 pm »
ive used hemp oil and all manner of seed oils, but generally they effect me negatively, weird rashes and cravings as well as gall bladder issues if i over indulge

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 01:55:56 am »
Hemp oil seems to me to be a lot like flax oil - just tastes worse. It has it's place in the world I guess.

When there are findings about how great these oils are - the experiments are usually done with people that are highly deficient in good raw fats. With your diet GS - I doubt you are deficient at all.

I used all these oils on a raw vegan diet all the time. Now, not so much - not such a need.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 05:11:48 am »
Hemp seed oil tastes really nice - heaps better than flax seed oil, which tastes toxic to me.
We can also buy the hemp seed crushing waste, with 12% omegas.
It is illegal to sell for human consumption, so you have to buy it as 'animal' food!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 08:27:44 am »
Truly Miker - they both taste pretty bad - which one tastes worse I guess is personal. ;) Those are the kinds of things you only eat because they are supposed to fix something or be "good" for ya I would imagine. Johanna Budwig (scientist I respect) said that flax seed oil had lots of biophotons so that meant something to me when trying to heal others with cancer - but doesn't mean much to me now. I'd rather eat walnuts.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 07:01:57 pm »
hemp oil is supposed to be used only 1-3 drops a day. so taste issues cant be that relevant?  ???

“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 01:41:49 am »
hemp oil is supposed to be used only 1-3 drops a day. so taste issues cant be that relevant?  ???

I never heard the 1 - 3 drop a day rule. No wonder I hated it so much! 1-3 drops is nothing. By the time I would have finished the bottle it would have been rancid. 1-3 drops should be in a small tincture bottle size.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 03:50:28 am »
http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/5169.html

you get hemp oil in a large bottle? That's strange, the real stuff is majorly expensive if you can get it at all.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 07:28:04 am »
Well I didn't say I bother buying it, just that it tasted good. I'd rather eat whole foods than oil extracts.
The hemp seed crushings seem more whole, and I sometimes put them in a smoothie, but to be honest as long as I'm eating fishy & grass fed things then I imagine there's plenty of omegas anyway.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 07:59:16 am »
i think there are two different types of oils being discussed here...culinary hemp seed oils, which is non psychoactive and actual cannabis seed oils :p, which does only require a few drops:P

raw hemp seed oil is okay tasting, but the raw seed protein and butters have this weird sweetness to them that gets you in the back of the throat, its pretty gross

the only seed butters i really actually like are roasted pumpkin and poppy seed butters, which i get a hankering for occasionally but i seldom have those seeds on hand any more

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 09:54:01 am »
I'd be leery of the crushed hemp seeds, due to rancidity.  Even the non crushed, just shelled, where most of them are cracked in the shelling process,,, the seed is oxidizing with all the omega three's.  Anyone used chia much.  Supposedly the highest veg source of omega three's and a digestible outer layer protecting the insides from air.  I like the taste.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 10:09:37 am »
I'd be leery of the crushed hemp seeds, due to rancidity.  Even the non crushed, just shelled, where most of them are cracked in the shelling process,,, the seed is oxidizing with all the omega three's.  Anyone used chia much.  Supposedly the highest veg source of omega three's and a digestible outer layer protecting the insides from air.  I like the taste.

You might try opening a Chia thread to discuss chia.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 01:49:55 am »
i think there are two different types of oils being discussed here...culinary hemp seed oils, which is non psychoactive and actual cannabis seed oils :p, which does only require a few drops:P

My thoughts exactly Jessica. Is it even legal to buy the cannabis seed oils in the US?

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 04:48:33 am »
The article was for Hemp Seed Oil - the seeds never contain cannabinoids and so this is legal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk