Author Topic: cellulite  (Read 23829 times)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: cellulite
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 06:49:24 am »
its powdered.....1-2tbsp into a glass+simmering water(4oz for me i like it thick and sticky/chewy) and then stir to dissolve and eat....you can make all kinds of things with it, add it to fruit juice to make "jello", cream+honey=panna cotta, there are savory recipes as well, lots of people add it to smoothies, or even tea or coffee,  the internet has a wealth of recipes, even "paleo" recipes :)

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 08:35:36 am »
Brian won't eat bone marrow or bone stock and has inflammation and issues that I think gelatin could really help with. This information will be acted upon quickly in my house. I prefer if he was willing to eat raw marrow but he's not 100% raw yet anyway. Thank you for sharing it Jessica.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 10:09:02 am »
Why would he eat gelatin if he won't eat bone stock or marrow? Gelatin is not much different than bone stock, it's derived from pig skin or cow bones.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 10:32:33 am »
because theres always room for j-e-l-l-o!

;D  -[

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 10:49:07 am »
You got it Jessica!

If I mix it with fruit or something else tasty - just like a little tyke I can make airplane noises and get it into his mouth! lol.  l)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 10:53:26 am »
if you make tart pie cherry jello you are my hero
i bet you guys have mullberries somewhere around there too
watermelon JELLO!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 10:55:14 am »
also my apologies as this is no longer about cellulite or raw food..........

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 10:59:05 am »
It IS about getting rid of cellulite - just not in the tradition RAW paleo way.  ;)

The darn mulberry tree in my backyard I have never gotten a mulberry from. I think the birds beat me to each and every little berry.  :(

Tart Cherry - That's a very good idea indeed!

CitrusHigh

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 11:11:44 am »
Also, I've been meaning to get back to you Noel. I've been doing a little research and I'm pretty convinced that the butter is not likely the cause if it was grassfed and raw.

This excerpt kind of sums it up. When a whole people's has never heard of cellulite you might want to find out what they're doing or not doing, this is along the same lines of Weston Prices' (brilliant, common sense) work.

"Dr. Bissoon also visited non-industrialized societies in the Amazon and documented the nonexistence of cellulite amongst women in those communities.  The tribal women he met were shocked when they saw pictures of American women with cellulite.  They had never seen it before.  (Dr. Bissoon shared this info in a comment on The Cellulite Investigation last April. You can read the full conversation here.)

Dr. Bissoon’s argument is supported by accounts of healthcare practitioners who traveled the world during the early twentieth century.  Doctors such as Albert Schweitzer,  Weston Price, Samuel Hutton and others documented the absence of certain diseases in non-industrialized societies.  These diseases came to be known as “the diseases of civilization.”

The word for cellulite did not exist at the time (a telling fact), but these world travelers frequently listed varicose veins as one of the conditions that did not affect women who maintained a traditional lifestyle.  Is it possible that cellulite too is caused by factors specific to the modern era? The evidence we’ve uncovered so far at The Cellulite Investigation supports this hypothesis.

We should also be asking ourselves why our society is so reticent to admit this is a possibility."

Returning to our discussion of how cellulite is formed, we now have more than just fat cells to work with.  We already discussed the subcutaneous fat cells and septa holding them in place to the skin. There is also an intricate network of circulatory vessels involved —and I’m not talking about just blood vessels."

Source
http://www.celluliteinvestigation.com/cellulite-faq/what-causes-cellulite

I'm convinced that it is sugar (probably refined sugar more so) and grains that are probably causing your predicament, allowing fully for the possibility that I could be completely wrong. More to follow, need to water cows and go to sleep

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 11:27:14 pm »
but, but, but - I eat NO sugar or grains!

Maybe it was the cheese. Maybe it wasn't really raw or something?

Did those particular traditional people eat a lot of dairy?

CitrusHigh

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 11:35:50 pm »
Right Dorothy, that was why I said it was probably not the butter if it was grass fed and raw, but like I said, I could totally be wrong.

Dairy seems to be pure poison for some peeps so I'm not discounting that at all. I just think in Noel's case, since she says she was eating crappy foods, it's not a good idea to blame butter, when the butter may have simply been detoxing. It could be anything, of course. In your case, you already have all the tools to figure it out, so I don't have any good advice for you, cuz you've been around the block!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 11:49:27 pm »
Gotcha Thoth. It only makes sense that when trying to improve health in regard to any aspect of it to take out the worst offenders in the diet first and see what difference that makes. It took me many years to get fully off of any sugar because it was so addictive for me. That stuff was true poison to me and I'm guessing that it's got to be bad for most people. I eat that even once and it can set me back for months. Raw dairy on the other hand seems to be extremely healing for many and the difficulties it might have made for me were so subtle that I didn't notice them for years. Makes total sense to take out the things that are pretty much bad for everyone and see what happens. Makes total sense.

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2012, 04:38:55 am »
I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, I was so busy and had no time for the internet.
Hi Ferrocious, yes I'm German, I'm living in France for 3 years now.
Jessica, thanks for your advice, I read about the gelatin thing and tried it with organic gelatin a couple of times, but always ended up with some inflammation problems. The same with bone broth, tried it often but always had weird reactions. I thought about trying to get fish gelatin, but don't know yet where I can buy it.
Toth, I guess that my cellulite was caused by me stuffing myself to sickness with all kinds of stuff,  with loads of fat, nuts, seeds, avocados, some dairy, meat (not grassfed) (mostly raw) with (fruit sugar and cooked starches. Eating all day long, without hunger, even during the night sometimes. It really made me sick, the cellulite honestly was the smallest problem.

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2012, 05:13:11 am »
During the last weeks my diet changed a lot. No diary, almost no nuts, my staple at the moment.: Coconut (frozen grated coconut) all kinds of seafood, frozen and fresh,veggies, some meat, sometimes avocado or olives, some berries, pastured eggs.
Since my diet is so clean I recognise more details. Could be that I have problems with eggs, even I they are very high quality eggs. But every time I eat them I have some kind of a reaction. Of curse they get some grains, might be the reason or perhaps because they are not superfresh any more. Anyway I am  going to let them go for some time. Horse meat seems to be the best meat for me at the moment. I buy here the horse meat from Australia, I guess it is grassfed but I am not sure. There is no information available about feeding methods there. Does anybody knows how they live?
Lamb seems to be difficult to digest for me. I'm going to try wild boar now and truly grass fed beef. But I think fish will be my main protein source, it feels so good to me, no problem digesting, and it is easy even with other food together like veggies, berries or coconut, fat. Beef and Lamb fett I can not digest very well yet, that's why I eat mostly coconut at the moment. If I eat to mutch I get constipated, that's strange???
I feel that I have to heal my liver , clear my lymph, clean my system, heal my nervous system and rebuild a strong body.
I try to find out what food agrees with me, do some supplementation, Magnesium, vit c, d, b group, calcium, digestive enzymes sometimes, Bach flowers.
Every day I go swimming in the sea, do yoga, massage with essential oils and the foam roller, cold showers. I'm sure it will go away, when I do the right things and stop doing the wrong things. I will find out more and moreabout it.In fact it is an interesting and healing journey and even if the cellu is still there (yet) I already feel a lot healthier.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2012, 06:47:39 am »
Blessing to you on your healing journey Noel. Sounds like you've made tremendous progress and you're pointed in the right direction.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2012, 10:25:37 am »
Good Job Noel! You won't regret it when you are full of energy and comfortable! Life is so much better healthy, and having been unhealthy, you will appreciate it that much more, you are already!

Offline venk1986

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2014, 10:51:29 pm »
Hi,

This is a common issue. Please see my solution below.

Exercise: Exercise improves blood flow to connective tissue and also strengthens the muscles that can help tighten and support the skin. One of the best ways to get rid of cellulite in an area is to do a targeted weight-training program, which you can learn more about in How to Tone and Lose Fat In One Body Part.

Creams: Skin tightening creams with herbal formulas and ingredients such as aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, yeast extract, soy protein, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin A can help to hydrate skin and increase collagen and elastin formation. Beware that many of these creams contain caffeine, which can improve circulation, but can also give you jitters and insomnia. Many creams can also irritate your skin, leading to rashes, bumps, hives and irritation.

Nutrition: Protein-rich foods such as cottage cheese, milk, legumes, tofu, beans, seeds, nuts, and fish all contain collagen and elastin forming components, which can help to strengthen connective tissue and prevent cellulite fat from poking through. Staying very well hydrated each day will also assist the skin and connective tissue in staying healthy and supple.

Improve circulation: Avoid tight clothing, especially around areas where you tend to form cellulite. Yoga, regular stretching, and even regular use of herbs like ginseng, cayenne, ginger, and cinnamon can also help improve circulation, which keeps connective tissue fed and strong. If you really want to spend some money getting rid of your cellulite, a medical laser treatment can also improve circulation, but may not be much better than simply getting a regular massage to enhance circulation. Radio frequency, vibration, and ultrasound are other examples of fancy methods to improve circulation. Although doctors who make lots of money off such treatments wont like to hear this, just as much circulation may be able to be achieved through exercise and massage.

More info: http://anticelluliteexercises.info/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk