Author Topic: vco  (Read 3596 times)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
vco
« on: June 24, 2012, 10:53:40 pm »
it's been a long time since using any coconut oil or butter, but i'm adding a little back to my diet because i need a fat i can digest and hoping this can be a temporary solution. i don't seem to be digesting animal fats well still. 

omg this stuff....  does anyone use it?  there was once a thread on constipation and i have to say i think 1tsp = 1bm within 5-60min!... seriously! 

so i gotta be careful not to used too much obviously, but also i am burping all day long... anyone know why?  i hardly ever burp.  no other food whether is  a carb, protein or fat does this, so i'm at a loss.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: vco
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 11:04:21 pm »
My reaction raw coconut oil was severe stomach-aches which were so bad that I almost went to hospital.Since then,  some others have assured me that  "raw" coconut oil is never genuinely raw. I would suggest the raw (grassfed?) butter as a better option, as it's less processed.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 11:12:29 pm »
Aside from the obvious "virgin" does not mean "raw" (which you might be able to determine from your vco source), vco is a processed food.

If it is fat you are after, why not eat the meat of mature coconuts? If you are not a machete-wielding person, you can get dried coconut flakes from companies like Tropical Traditions.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 09:41:11 am »
Aside from the obvious "virgin" does not mean "raw" (which you might be able to determine from your vco source), vco is a processed food.

of course, i bought it at store in a jar with a label... i didn't make it... it is not raw and quite processed. i'm just looking for a fat that i can actually digest.

If it is fat you are after, why not eat the meat of mature coconuts? If you are not a machete-wielding person, you can get dried coconut flakes from companies like Tropical Traditions.

i used to make my own coconut cream... that would be an idea.  it's just such a chore.  coconut flakes are too much bulk for me to handle/digest. i have one rule of thumb and that is that i don't eat anything that comes out the way it went in. this is one of those foods for me. it's just bulk that goes through me.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 09:42:57 am »
My reaction raw coconut oil was severe stomach-aches which were so bad that I almost went to hospital.Since then,  some others have assured me that  "raw" coconut oil is never genuinely raw. I would suggest the raw (grassfed?) butter as a better option, as it's less processed.

i might try this.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 10:34:25 pm »
I digest raw organic coconut oil really well, I can eat spoonfuls of it and no problems. The same with any coconut products (except of coconut manna... if I eat too much of it I feel not so good..), fresh too, I can eat a lot of it. I try to always buy the best brand I can find, they have the less mold in them and are better and fresher (which is important) even if the most expensive too.

I guess with coconut, one should always gradually add it to the meals, not too much in the beginning. Let your body get used to it. Some never get, they do not tolerate coconut at all.

Inger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk