Author Topic: World's first genetically modified humans have been created  (Read 9020 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: World's first genetically modified humans have been created
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 08:56:49 am »
Oh boy.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 01:11:19 pm »
Wonderful! Hopefully eugenics can be applied too. Otherwise, in a few thousand years our descendants will  be suffering from cystic fibrosis(rising by 1% by incidence every generation thanks to improving medical technology) and many other genetic diseases, not to mention much lower IQ.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 09:17:55 pm »
Wonderful! Hopefully eugenics can be applied too. Otherwise, in a few thousand years our descendants will  be suffering from cystic fibrosis(rising by 1% by incidence every generation thanks to improving medical technology) and many other genetic diseases, not to mention much lower IQ.

Not too sure I would want to be raising an experiment...
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 10:20:14 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-43767/Worlds-GM-babies-born.html

From an ethical POV

S**t and F**k...

From dispassionate multi-civilization rebooting point of view... this may have been probably done many civilizations ago... which is why we have various races.

Seems the annunaki hypothesis / translation doesn't seem so far fetched now.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 02:41:25 am »
Fifteen of the children were born in the past three years as a result of one experimental programme at the Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science of St Barnabas in New Jersey.

So, the catholics are in on this? I thought that was a catholic hospital, and that they were staunchly opposed to eugenics and genetic modification of humans.

I wonder why we're only hearing about this now that they're over a year old - at least two years according to this quote.

Time to arm.
insert signature here

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 02:53:41 am »
Not too sure I would want to be raising an experiment...
Eugenics is already being practised whether you like it or not. Take Iceland, for example:- they are descended from such few people in an area which hasn't been visited much for 100s of years, so that they now have websites to check peoples' ancestry when making dates - the reason is that Icelandic people don't have surnames so it's important to find out that you are not dating your cousin-once-removed or whatever. Then there's the Jews. Due to pogroms in the Middle Ages/ghettoes etc., they are one of the most inbred ethnic groups on the planet, to the point where there are now multiple genetic tests of Orthodox Jews etc. prior to marriage, so as to ensure that their children don't get a plethora of unusual genetic diseases such as Tay-Sachs Disease etc.:-

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Health/genetics.html

Personally I can't wait until we get genetic engineering and eugenics. Imagine a highly advanced technological society where a prospective mum asks the doctor to select from the parents' DNA and available genetic engineeering so as, for example,  to make her child a highly intelligent, green-eyed redheaded 6ft female with 3 breasts and the ability to see in the infra-red and ultraviolet spectrums as well. Now that would be progress!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 08:13:15 am »
3 breasts = progress to men
2 penises = monster to women
 ;)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 08:26:06 am »
Personally I can't wait until we get genetic engineering and eugenics. Imagine a highly advanced technological society where a prospective mum asks the doctor to select  so as, for example,  to make her child a highly intelligent, green-eyed redheaded 6ft female with 3 breasts and the ability to see in the infra-red and ultraviolet spectrums as well. Now that would be progress!
There is a youtube with a girl who has.... you guessed it.... three boobs. You'll have to Google it.

I'm not sure why red headed 6 ft woman is progress. Red heads are famous for tempers and that combined with someone with the size...... hmmmmm

I know men and women who can see auras quite plainly. It only seems like a good idea. My friend says that he can see what health condition people are in and that is not necessarily a bonus. If someone you know is very sick and they are not doing anything about it it can be distressing.
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 08:37:03 am »
Redheads also can endure more pain so might be able to stick around Tyler longer.... but if they can see his aura that might scare her away so probably best to leave that out. (JOKE!)

But seriously Al - you bring up the all important point - we can't predict what changing any of these things will mean. We might wipe out humanity by accident. I think it's pretty scary.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 08:45:26 am »
I think GS is on to something.

There is something too dispassionate. But then maybe there is a reason why we have to go down that rabbit hole. I dunno. The world is spinning too fast.... Guess I'll have to just go kitesurfing again and try to forget all this. Maybe I can get this down...
JESUS WALKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 10:55:38 am »
3 breasts = progress to men
2 penises = monster to women
 ;)
Well, I'm sure a woman would appreciate a man with 3 testicles.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 11:00:41 am »
I'm not sure why red headed 6 ft woman is progress. Red heads are famous for tempers and that combined with someone with the size...... hmmmmm
That's just a fake stereotype. The redheaded women I've known were, in most cases, actually more even-tempered than other types.

I suppose you mean the 3-breasted woman in Total Recall, since no other video came up:-

Girl with 3 Breasts !!! Total Recall Hooker with 3 BOOBIES!!

But the above was obviously not real.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 11:36:36 pm »
Ha ha ha! ROFLMAO

Nah - if a woman were to have a third breast the third would be under one of the others like mammals have and all three would be pretty much alike. The one in the middle was so obviously fake. That was a fantasy video made up for you Tyler by the guy behind the camera.  ;)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 03:56:14 am »
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b3f_1221910516
Dorothy, you mean raw-al's video was fake? Oh, how disappointing! I would love to see a woman with 3 genuine breasts. I am sure that some of those women would have those breasts equidistant from each other, and not just under another breast. After all, while some men have extra testicles which are malformed or joined or only partial etc., there really are some men with  extra, wholly separate, fully functioning testicles. So, it's reasonable to assume that some women might have favourable mutations, too.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 06:58:58 am »
Yes - I meant that RawAl's video was fake too - but probably some fun for you Tyler. ;)
Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny so it is very likely that there are women with more than 2 breasts. I have the tiniest little bump under one breast that didn't recede during my travels through all the species I mutated from as a fetus. Female mammals have rows of teets on either side and so did the one we evolved from so if you see a woman with a smaller third breast under one of her other two - that is how a third breast would develop.
Hope that will still work for you Tyler.  ;D

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 03:43:45 am »
Dorothy, you mean raw-al's video was fake? Oh, how disappointing! I would love to see a woman with 3 genuine breasts. I am sure that some of those women would have those breasts equidistant from each other, and not just under another breast. After all, while some men have extra testicles which are malformed or joined or only partial etc., there really are some men with  extra, wholly separate, fully functioning testicles. So, it's reasonable to assume that some women might have favourable mutations, too.

Like the woman in the UK with two completely formed and functional reproductive tracts?

Two of everything, no joke. She and her husband used to go to UK sex clubs... which one(s) I couldn't tell you, but I'm sure they were a star attraction. She said she spent on average 20 days a month menstruating.
insert signature here

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk