Author Topic: Late onset dyslexia  (Read 5066 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Late onset dyslexia
« on: June 30, 2012, 01:12:26 am »
Over the last few days I've had trouble reading/spelling
I will read a sentence and get the letters jumbled and read something different, for instance I will read 'sport' when it actually is reports. This has been happening for two days.
Then I was trying to write 'tall' I  wrote 'dall', and stared at it and couldn't work out what was wrong. Then I came up with 'fall'.  All the while I was saying' tall' in my head but couldn't spell it. This has been happening all day.

My vision had been weird too, one eye has been like a kaleidoscope

I've started a business so there is the added pressure of that. Hopefully this is the cause.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:19:28 am by wodgina »
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Late onset dyslexia
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 02:33:20 am »
Probably. I noticed that when my life gets stressful, I start screwing up above the neck more often. I lose my ability to concentrate and get very ADD - can't focus on just one item. It's almost like multitasking takes something away from more basic cognitive abilities.

Good thing my business foray failed so quickly - I never would have found this forum being unable to spell "meete" and "paylio," heh.
insert signature here

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 08:21:06 am »
I have started developing Spoonerism and ADD, and I am only in my 20s! It is really strange actually, and has made me start to look into brain health. I am making sure I get my 1-2g dha/epa a day and also lead me to looking at raw foodism, it hasn't gone away yet, but I am only a raw dabbler at the moment. I intend to do some brain exercises each day, but need to gather the will power to do that.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 08:49:43 am »
I will read a sentence and get the letters jumbled and read something different, for instance I will read 'sport' when it actually is reports. This has been happening for two days.
Then I was trying to write 'tall' I  wrote 'dall', and stared at it and couldn't work out what was wrong. Then I came up with 'fall'.  All the while I was saying' tall' in my head but couldn't spell it. This has been happening all day.

I've started a business so there is the added pressure of that. Hopefully this is the cause.

Wodg - that's really scary!
Dyslexia starts early - it doesn't usually just start out of nowhere when an adult.
Have you had any head injuries? Were you in any accidents lately? I'm concerned that you might have some sort of brain injury.
Are you at risk for a stroke? Are you having any other symptoms? Are you speaking correctly? Is your balance ok?
I'm concerned.
Would you ever consider seeing a neurologist to make sure it's not a small stroke? Strokes that are treated immediately have much better recovery rates.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 11:18:05 pm »
Are you doing any heavy mental/emotional/spiritual work lately?  This can cause similar symptoms as well.  Big energetic shifts, eft, emotional release, spiritual work, etc.

Offline AlphaCog

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 09:27:13 pm »

Has this occured before? Have you introduced a new food/water source lately? Could be mercury/aluminium/pesticide poisoning.
Have you moved to a new area or had a new furniture? Mold fumes can seriously affect neuron function.
Have you been bitten by strange insects?
Any other symptoms?

Since this occured recently, you should be able to backtrack any addition to your life. But it could also be certain mineral deficiencies that starts to manifest. If it worsens don't hesitate to see a neurologist and have a brain scan.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:09:26 pm by AlphaCog »

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 01:17:42 pm »
Are you doing any heavy mental/emotional/spiritual work lately?  This can cause similar symptoms as well.  Big energetic shifts, eft, emotional release, spiritual work, etc.

I rarely get angry but chucked a big spastic (in the privacey of my own home ; 0 ) when I spilt all my offal order on the floor. I had already spilt it in the carpark on the way home.

I really got annoyed threw a few things then wham my vision went weird in my left eye and the other symptoms I mentioned.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk