Author Topic: Can you mix different organs/meats in the same high meat jar?  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Beyonder

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hey all,

How do you feel about mixing different organs in the same high meat jar? For example -- heart, kidney and spleen all together. Maybe even throwing in a few pieces of brisket. Experience tells me liver would get soupy too fast.

I've got these big gallon jars and it seemed like a good experiment. Could be a way to have a more well-rounded routine of high meat without having to maintain multiple jars.

I don't foresee any issue but I figured I'd get some opinions from the experts!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Can you mix different organs/meats in the same high meat jar?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 11:13:08 am »
I'd say keep them in different jars, because they'll have different types of bacteria, depending on their carb/fat/protein ratios. 

Offline DopeDivinity

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 01:41:36 pm »
What cherimoya says sounds valid, however my response would be that it sounds cool to put them all in one jar.  Sort of like making kimchi, with carrots radish beets ginger garlic onion etc.

Theres something special to putting multiple different organs from the same animal together... its like it would create a ShamanicSynergy.

Offline Beyonder

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 10:07:10 pm »
OK, so I'm gonna get a small mixed batch going and see what happens. But if anything is off, I will certainly keep in mind what you said cherimoya_kid.

Thanks for both of your replies!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk