Author Topic: raynaud syndrom  (Read 16502 times)

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: raynaud syndrom
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 12:15:25 am »
That idea with the leaves Noel is a good one. I have some mints in the garden that I'd like to try that with. Thanks so much for that idea!

Btw, the beach is the very best place to do deep breathing with all the ions in the air. ;)

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 03:56:16 am »
Yes , Dorothy, ;D
I live very close to the sea and the air is so nice and fresh, such a high vibration.
Dorothy, don't take to much mint or other medicinal herbs, just a bit, the bulk should be more someting like nettles or grass or  mauve is very good or Lime tree leaves, they are the best or some birch tree leaves or some strawberry leaves ( not to much), buckhorn is good as well, and a lot of other wild herbies, I don't know what grows where you live. Always prefere the young leaves, they have less antinutritions, less oxalic acid and they have more energies, vibration ;)
If you don 't want to go out you can also use some of your tee bags like holly basil or melisse or horsetail

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 04:03:47 am »
Yes , Dorothy, ;D
I live very close to the sea and the air is so nice and fresh, such a high vibration.
Dorothy, don't take to much mint or other medicinal herbs, just a bit, the bulk should be more someting like nettles or grass or  mauve is very good or Lime tree leaves, they are the best or some birch tree leaves or some strawberry leaves ( not to much), buckhorn is good as well, and a lot of other wild herbies, I don't know what grows where you live. Always prefere the young leaves, they have less antinutritions, less oxalic acid and they have more energies, vibration ;)
If you don 't want to go out you can also use some of your tee bags like holly basil or melisse or horsetail

Thanks Noel. That was a good suggestion with the young leaves. It's amazing to me how many plants I love to eat when tiny and hate when big. I was going to look up if I could eat strawberry leaves because they looked good to me in the garden the other day. I also didn't know you could eat lime tree leaves. I have some herbs that I'm on right now for a particular thing to help me along, but I don't eat generally a lot of herbs and I don't just take them for the sake of taking them like some people do. I understand how powerful they are. I talk about them a lot when people bring up issues that might be helped by some plants though. I talk more than I eat. :D That was some list you gave. I don't think birch or buckhorn grow here. Nettles I've been wondering about. That's such a good food in general isn't it? Melisse and mauve I've never heard of and I didn't think you could eat holly, - but basil and horsetail I love. I'm growing horsetail to chew on for my teeth.

Mint is something that I do a lot of in the summer like hibiscus just to help me tolerate the intense heat here. They are great for that - like watermelons are. In the winter when it's cold they just don't call to me at all - kind of the opposite. But in the winter ginger is a good friend to help keep warm.

It's like there are three categories of herbs. 1. food herbs that are gentle and can be eaten most days by most people if they are desired and you feel good eating them. 2. herbs for healing particular things through powerful nutrition and actions that can be tolerated for a period of time that should not be continued for long periods - usually 3 months is the limit before needing to take a break. 3. herbs of the truly medicinal kind that have actions that are like drugs that should only be prescribed by real professionals and be monitored carefully.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 04:25:25 am »
Noel,
I am reading a book called "The Intention Experiment" by Lynne MacTaggart. She mentions that "Biofeedback is particularly useful to treat Raynauds disease, a vascular condition in which blood vessels are constricted when exposed to cold, causing extremities to grow cold, pale, and even blue."

The reference it was drawn from is:
B. M. Kappes, Sequence effects of relaxation training, EMG, and temperature biofeedback on anxiety, symptom report, and self-concept, "Journal of Clinical Psychology, 1983; 39(2): 203-8; G. D. Rose et al., "The behavioural treatment of Reynaud's Disease: A review," Biofeedback and self-regulation, 1987;12(4): 150--3

(EMG) is electromyograms which is the muscular equivalent of an EEG or electroencephalogram. (The device attached to the brain to detect activity in the brain.)

My understanding is that biofeedback devices are very simple. You just hook them up and someone shows you how when you do certain things, the device shows you how it shows up in your body, by your heart rate etc being changed.

So by repeating certain activities you see that they are not a good idea, then they show you how doing things differently or thinking different thoughts you can change your outcome. Quite a fascinating device.
Cheers
Al

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 07:42:01 pm »
Al, I already read about biofeedback therapy and thought it could be very interesting. Can you buy a device to do it or do you have to go to a therapist?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 11:22:34 pm »
noel, I honestly am not aware of how to get involved. I know there are devices you can buy, but not much else. Maybe look in local health food stores for magazines that might have local ads or look in the phone book or on the web or maybe for yahoo groups. groups.yahoo.com and search biofeedback.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk