Author Topic: Hello  (Read 5841 times)

Offline glennm01

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: November 19, 2008, 02:10:17 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've already posted a couple times elsewhere here before happening upon this section. Anyway, my name is Glenn, I live in the Los Angeles area, and I started doing the primal diet 100% a couple months ago. I'm grateful to have found this forum, as it's great to hear about other people's experiences and also to have a place to go to ask questions as they arise.

So far, my experience with the diet has been very positive. I had a few days of pretty nasty flu-like symptoms after about 3 weeks -- don't know if that was detox or me just being sick, but usually the flu lasts a lot longer than that for me, so I suspect it was detox. Other than that, I feel great and don't miss cooked food at all. I'm a believer, and look forward to learning lots by hanging out here.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 02:43:11 pm »
Glad to have you on board.
We hope to learn a lot from your experiences too!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 07:52:11 pm »
Hello and welcome!!  :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 08:05:41 pm »
Welcome to the forum! :D
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 10:59:27 pm »
Hi Glenn,

Welcome aboard.  I live in the Los Angeles area as well.  I've been raw paleo for a while now and exclusively raw meat for several years.  My health has done nothing but improve, much to my doctor's dismay.  Most of us have had overwhelmingly positive results and I trust you will also.

You are welcome to drop by if you find yourself in the Norwalk area.  I live about 1/2 block from Cerritos College.

Lex 

Offline glennm01

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 06:23:34 pm »
Hi Lex,

I'm in Burbank...not exactly close to Norwalk, though my work does take me down that way every now and then. We'll have to get together sometime and talk shop.

Glenn

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 08:33:41 am »
Burbank is not all that far away.  I'm through that area quite often.  Have a good friend that lives on Buena Vista, and there are a lot of clock and watch enthusiasts in Burbank that brings me that way on occasion.

Lex

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 02:51:29 pm »
Hi Glenn.

I recognize you from the other forum recently.  Welcome!  I'm new here too.  Nice to meet you again.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 08:16:04 pm »
Hi Glenn.

I recognize you from the other forum recently.  Welcome!  I'm new here too.  Nice to meet you again.

I presume you mean rawpaleodiet yahoo group?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 08:40:05 pm »
primal group i think.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 02:30:45 am »
I presume you mean rawpaleodiet yahoo group?

No.  I'm a member of give it to me raw.  Glenn just joined them too, just last month.  I think he's stating here he only started eating RAF about a month before that.  I was a member of primaldiet dot ning, but that was dismantled months ago, probably before he knew this way of eating.  I never made an application to any of the primal diet yahoogroups till today.  Excuse me for having written that confusingly (leaving details out) with my previous reply (welcoming) on your thread Glenn.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk