Author Topic: Packed Lunch  (Read 13788 times)

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
Packed Lunch
« on: July 14, 2012, 05:13:13 am »
Off to work with my RP packed lunch - lamb chops, soaked almonds, orange, kiwi  O0

Offline JulaS

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Packed Lunch
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 04:03:53 pm »
Fantastic apporach :) With what do you soak the almonds? Just water?

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 03:26:38 am »
Hi JulaS,
yes the almonds are just soaked in water.

Since visiting Wattlebird I am often peeling the soaked almonds, and am taking more stuff in my packed lunch - different animal foods, variety of greens, ripe bananas, tomatoes, peanuts and salt :)

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 03:32:41 am »
Off to work with my RP packed lunch - lamb chops, soaked almonds, orange, kiwi  O0

Who knows what society would look like if that was the type of packed lunchbox every kid took to school.  ;)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 05:08:20 am »
Different approaches for lunch: when I was driving a tipper or fuel tank truck, I just took a crate of a single fruit kind for my lunch. Sometimes during the cherry season, I stopped under a wild cherry tree and climbed on the top of the truck to have my lunch of wild cherries. 

As I was busy, I didn't feel hungry till dinner. But then I had a really good raw meal with some animal food first, vegetables, perhaps a kind of nuts, and a bit later a fruit species.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:16:33 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 05:27:52 am »
Different approaches for lunch:  Sometimes during the cherry season, I stopped under a wild cherry tree and climbed on the top of the truck to have my lunch of wild cherries. 

Ha! that's beautiful.
Or during a lowtide walk just recently, forage up shellfish, crack and shell them dripping wet on the rocks (perhaps some sea-urchin and seaweed) and eat with gratitude.
With a bit of planning (or spontaneity) there's always some way we can rustle together some wholesome, delicious foods to ignite the senses and instinct.  :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:07:12 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 06:08:01 am »
That reminds me, I need to plant some cherry trees in my garden. They're my favourite after blueberries.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 10:07:34 am »
Do you have black currents yet TD?
They are prolific and look after themselves :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 05:49:26 pm »
Do you have black currents yet TD?
They are prolific and look after themselves :)
No. At the moment, my garden just has lots of lemon-trees and  a few mandarine trees.  I don't like blackcurrants much, though.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Barefoot Instincto

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 06:58:41 am »
Different approaches for lunch: when I was driving a tipper or fuel tank truck, I just took a crate of a single fruit kind for my lunch.

This is what I do now everyday too. Today it was 3 bananas, yesterday it was a pound and a half of oranges. Day before that, 3 apples. Last week I ate avocado's, as well as grapes, and then one day I just had mushrooms. I try to not have the same thing every day, but usually have 2 or 3 different single fruit meals a week for lunch. I find its satisfying, and very easy. Sometimes I bring the vegetable-fruits like bell peppers or cucumber, but they don't feel nearly as satisfying.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 08:21:55 am »
Who knows what society would look like if that was the type of packed lunchbox every kid took to school.  ;)

My thoughts exactly. If everyone ate like that we'd virtually wipe out big pharma and the medical industry. There'd be no more feed lots since everyone would be eating grass fed, etc.

It's a shame so many people are so convinced RAF are dangerous.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline letsdoiteczema

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Call me LDIE for short =)
    • View Profile
    • Healing from severe suicidal eczema
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 06:02:15 pm »

@alive

Your workplace has no issues with raw meat (raw lamb)? You can eat raw meat in front of people?
Wishing everyone the best in health and happiness! much love to all!

My severe suicidal eczema healing blog: http://eczemabye.weebly.com/

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 11:54:44 pm »
Your workplace has no issues with raw meat (raw lamb)? You can eat raw meat in front of people?

Butting in here: I eat raw beef or fish in front of my co-workers in a large lunchroom. Recently, someone came over to the table to chat and glanced at my container of beef and back fat cubes. "What are you eating?" he blurted.

Before I could answer, another lady at the table replied for me, "Sushi." She just figured that it must be sushi.

I never say what I'm eating unless someone asks. Then, I reply with one word ("Beef." or "Tuna.") with no further explanation. The people who know me well know that I'm RPD. Otherwise, it's none of their business.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 02:48:46 am »
Fine ! Yes, that's the way we've got to act.  ;) Only if someone come up with more questions, then I answer.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 01:15:40 pm »
@ letsdoit -
Since visiting Wattlebird I now like to have a larger packed breakfast which I eat in one sitting. I have found a variety of places to eat RP and tend to adjust my behaviour depending what feels comfortable at the time. I like having the meats precut as this makes it more discrete. Now my packed lunch is a reusable reflective foil supermarket cooler bag, packed with a jar of bite sized meat cuts (for example layers of diced kidney, lambs heart, beef, sometimes seafood), lots of greens (spinach and broccoli are yummy), soaked almonds, peanuts, cucumber, fruit, salt, and kelp powder  O0

Offline blobby

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 05:21:46 am »
Love the packed lunch it has given me heaps of ideas for packed lunches when i try the Paleo diet thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk