Author Topic: switching to dog food  (Read 6044 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
switching to dog food
« on: July 18, 2012, 02:18:54 am »
Hey everyone.

I've red about a forum member eating dog food and getting good results. I'm considering making the switch.

I can get ground beef (90/10) with organs (liver, heart, tongue, kidneys, thyroid, everything basically. 75% ground beef, 25% organs. At $4.25/lb.

That's a steal. I also buy from the same farm raw beef fat at $2.50/lb.

I haven't been able to afford being 100% raw paleo. So I think this would help me out.

Any thoughts on this being a good or bad idea?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline ruffiny89

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: switching to dog food
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 02:46:49 am »
were are you geting it from and is it frozen

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 06:57:29 am »
I'm getting it from a farm that does all grass fed beef and I can request it unfrozen.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline ruffiny89

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 09:51:42 am »
can give the info of how to get ahold of your farmer i like to buy some to and do know if your farmer ships

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 09:50:56 pm »
can give the info of how to get ahold of your farmer i like to buy some to and do know if your farmer ships

Miller's farm in Pensylvania. But they only ship to broward and miami in florida.

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 09:12:33 am »
Miller's farm in Pensylvania. But they only ship to broward and miami in florida.

Are you sure it's such a good idea to request it unfrozen and ship it from PA to Florida? Unless of course you're shipping it overnight with icepacks.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 10:50:56 am »
I'm confused, is it dog food? Or is it just fattier pieces of meat and organs, that they just label  as DF? They probably figure no human could possibility find this appetizing. So let's market it to people with Dogs! They fail to realize, we (raw Paleo's) love this $#%# (fatty meats, and organs), breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 12:34:50 pm »
I'm confused, is it dog food?

What they're talking about here is what is sometimes known as B.A.R.F. - Biologically Appropriate Raw Food - for dogs. It includes many animal parts, not just muscle meats and fat. Feline B.A.R.F. is available, too! The whole modern idea goes back to an experiment called Pottenger's cats, which you can google to learn more about. Of course, before modern times, animals had a more paleo diet, anyway. When fed with B.A.R.F., pets don't get degenerative diseases. This food is as suitable for human consumption as it is for dogs when it comes from a good source.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 03:24:14 pm »
Interesting, I learn something new everyday on this site. I've seen WF's carry food for Dog's and Cat's, that is a mixture of Raw meats in the freezer section (maybe they should move it to the salad bar section for the rest of us?).  I'm sure their quality is much different, than straight from the farm. Have you tried it yet? It actually sounds pretty good, and healthy. I'd be game if that's all it is. There's no way I can get this fresh in my neck of the woods, unless I sacrifice an animal in my backyard! I'll have to check with our homeowners association on that one first. Maybe we should change our diet, and Website to ( The Human B.A.R.F. Project)?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:22:26 pm by Chris »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk