Author Topic: Steak Cake haha  (Read 9996 times)

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
Steak Cake haha
« on: July 21, 2012, 04:09:14 am »
Steak Cake anyone?

Offline jinna86

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Steak Cake haha
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 09:14:12 am »
I'm still getting over salmonella, and that picture caused my appetite to go from zero to -10 (haha) :P.  I don't think I even want to know what the layers between the steak are made of...

CitrusHigh

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 07:19:09 pm »
I'm going to pretend the layers are a particularly delicious mousse made with marrow and grass fed Guernsey butter lol! Not sure about that icing though ROFL!

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 02:46:22 am »
I'm still getting over salmonella, and that picture caused my appetite to go from zero to -10 (haha) :P.  I don't think I even want to know what the layers between the steak are made of...

How did you get salmonella?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 11:40:40 am »
That looks disgusting! Talk about a bad food combination!  -v . What's next a raw meat smoothie?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 10:09:08 am »
That looks disgusting! Talk about a bad food combination!  -v . What's next a raw meat smoothie?

I've actually done that. Raw calfs liver, banana, strawberries and mango. It stiil tasted horrible lol
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 01:05:00 pm »
Bummer for you broski!

Chris, as I just posted in the wine thread, I will now and then add a chunk of kidney or liver to my usual smoothie of banana/honey, eggs and raw cream oh and I forgot to mention in the other thread, I like to add some cocoa powder and real vanilla extract to balance the flavors. It's not much cocoa powder but it is soooo delicious, I mean decadent for real! You can't taste the organ in there, or at least, if you don't want to, don't add so much that you do start to taste it. Kidney is milder and wouldn't make the smoothie raunchy, but liver, if it's gamey could get intense pretty fast, so use common sense.

This is a great way to get organs in to you if you don't feel like tasting them.

I also consume large amounts of kidney and liver just straight raw. If they are delicious I will chew them, but if the batch is really gamey and I can taste 'cow' then I'll just drop them to the back of my mouth and swallow so fast that I don't taste anything. Another way is to dowse them with fresh lime juice, yuuuuuuum!

Offline Chris

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 02:08:46 pm »

I also consume large amounts of kidney and liver just straight raw. If they are delicious I will chew them, but if the batch is really gamey and I can taste 'cow' then I'll just drop them to the back of my mouth and swallow so fast that I don't taste anything. Another way is to dowse them with fresh lime juice, yuuuuuuum!

I eat it straight. I'm not really into the "smoothie craze". I actually like the gameness of organ meat, so it's not that difficult for me to eat them. But, thanks for the info non-the-less!

Offline Qodesh

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 03:45:36 am »

How about Inger's Raw Mackerel Head/gut smoothie? It's all the rage!....lol

CitrusHigh

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 03:58:16 am »
You like the taste of cow's ass Chris? Cuz that's what I mean by gamey, tastes like what a pile of grassfed cow shit smells like, and I mean the raunchy cow shit, not the  odorless stuff, lol! You are a strange duck, and coming from me that's saying something. Also it's not a smoothie craze, it's farkin' decadent, I happen to enjoy simple decadence!

Offline Chris

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 04:50:24 am »
I will now and then add a chunk of kidney or liver to my usual smoothie of banana/honey, eggs and raw cream oh and I forgot to mention in the other thread, I like to add some cocoa powder and real vanilla extract to balance the flavors. It's not much cocoa powder but it is soooo delicious

You drink this shit, and you call me a strange duck? LOL. I wouldn't touch that shit all the tea in China! Sounds like something I would expect to find on Fear Factor! Come on, do you really eat/drink that crud? You think I'm weird that I eat organ meats straight? LOL. Maybe you need to get a better source for your organ meats, if yours taste like shit? I don't have your problem. Too each their own! I'm glad that concoction works for you. Just reading it I wanted to  -v .

CitrusHigh

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 05:23:33 am »
Nope, I don't think you're weird for eating organ meats straight, because I do too lol!?! I think it would be weird if you liked the taste of cow ass. If your liver never ever varies in flavor I think that's great! But I also think it's highly unlikely. Unless you live in the tropics. A lot of variables affect the flavor of liver even within the same herd. Depends on the particular grasses they eat, the sex of the cow as well as the age and health. Some livers are strong flavored, and I would liken it to the way a cow smells, just the way a lot of goat products taste strongly of the way a goat smells, and in the case of cows, it is pronounced in their poop. If you've ever seen a liver straight from the animal it has the digestive material feeding in to it, that is where the flavor comes from. It's all part of the same animal, so it's not unnatural to smell that way, but other times the liver is sweet and mild and delicate and just plain yummy, that is the liver I savour. Throwing it in the smoothie is just for funsies..you know, learning, experience, that kind of thing. I'm often asked by mom's in our traditional foods group, "Any tips for getting my picky 5 year old to eat raw organs (almost exclusively liver actually)" And this was an experiment, just so happens it's also a convenient way to eat organs when I'm not particularly craving them but know I would benefit from the uptake anyway.

I understand why you're getting a little testy, but I wasn't making a value judgement in calling you a strange duck, otherwise I'd be practicing self loathing, and I love me!

Offline Chris

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 09:02:28 am »

I understand why you're getting a little testy, but I wasn't making a value judgement in calling you a strange duck, otherwise I'd be practicing self loathing, and I love me!

It's all good. I just thought your comments were a little strange/weird. I've had liver many times, and I have never tasted one that even come's close to tasting like ASS. A little gamey maybe. But, never that bad as you described. I have never had goat's, pigs, or bisons liver yet, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Not to knock your smoothie, like I said to each his own. But, I could never down that! I'm still debating even trying Inger's concoction. But, at least it doesn't have too many combinations (no offense). I think I could handle that.

Looks like I've been pretty lucky than with liver according to you. Do you get yours fresh? I take it, that it's grass fed. The liver you may have gotten, sounds rotten/old. Well, maybe you and Inger can collaborate on a Raw Paleo Smoothie Book Edition? That sounds like an interesting book, let alone topic. Peace!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk