Author Topic: I keep losing weight!  (Read 64574 times)

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: I keep losing weight!
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 11:59:52 pm »
I was told by my doctor that a woman my size (height+small frame) should eat around 1400 cal to maintain a normal weight. He found my metabolism to be faster than average (I was eating 2200 cals and burning 2000).
But I guess he was wrong?

Yes, I would say he was wrong! Medical doctors do not have a good track record when it comes to dietary matters - look at all the diet fads that they endorse, such as low fat or low salt, to "cure" sickness caused by SAD. Research often shows the opposite of what doctors popularly recommend.

As you know, our metabolism is very complex, so it's hard to pinpoint what to do for a certain situation by just increasing or decreasing net calories. For example, SAD eating led me to insulin intolerance, so I lose weight on a mostly-fat, moderate protein diet, even when I eat very high calories, but gain pounds if I raise my protein or carbohydrate intake. 2500 calories a day can make me lose OR gain weight.

I don't know what kind of places you can shop for food, but this time of year offers such a variety of plant foods. Just buy what's cheapest and chow down. Expand your shopping horizon by talking to friends and neighbors. You must be tired of bananas and carrots by now.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2012, 12:59:34 am »
Yes, I would say he was wrong! Medical doctors do not have a good track record when it comes to dietary matters - look at all the diet fads that they endorse, such as low fat or low salt, to "cure" sickness caused by SAD. Research often shows the opposite of what doctors popularly recommend.
Eve, I think you could go even further than that. Doctors have no training whatsoever in diet. They like to talk as if they do.
Cheers
Al

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2012, 01:47:33 am »
Eve, I think you could go even further than that. Doctors have no training whatsoever in diet. They like to talk as if they do.

At raw-al's suggestion, I will go farther: In the 1800s, science  outstripped religious dogma in the game of Who's Absolutely Right. Within the field of science were many candidates who called each other charlatans and quacks. As the winner, Medical Science is now a despotic dictator with evil intent. Like any evil autocrat, Medical Science calls the shots, grabs the money, and assassinates all foes. For a doctor to tell you how many net calories to eat is absurd because you have a built-in appetite that will tell you how much you should eat. As a bonus, your appetite won't make you a slave to nutrition labels and food charts. On the doctor's part, even if he did have training in nutrition, his training was based on medical-establishment lies.

IMO, the reason that our way of eating is called paleolithic diet is because that is how people eat when they are not influenced by civilization. RPD seems easy to me when I get into the cavewoman mindset... I don't eat bread and pasta because neither wheat nor milling has been invented. I feel great eating this way. My doctor thinks I should eat more whole-grains and almost no fats, despite the fact that that eating style makes me arthritic and exhausted.

(P.S. if you get to an animal fat source, get a whole bunch because it stores very well.)
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2012, 04:54:20 am »
I agree with what you are saying about doctors, I think the same way. But I was hoping a doctor would at least know how many calories a woman should eat, but apparently not haha  ;D

joe
The mild and moderate cleanses don't sound all too bad. I will have to see if some of these foods are okay when breastfeeding.
Do I take this on top of my regular diet or do I fast for a day? Since I can't fast :/

And I love sweet potatoes :) time to add them to my diet. I haven't eaten avocados in a while because they are somewhat expensive, but I do like to eat them.
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2012, 05:08:17 am »
From the pic your baby looks very healthy.
Cheers
Al

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2012, 05:21:40 am »
Yeah, he is. Thanks

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 05:53:57 am »
My appetite is not great, but that is just because I don't like what I eat. Its like "Damn it I have to eat to stay alive..." -\

Hi Suiren
judging by the response to your post, you already have many suggestions.
For what its worth, hopefully your dislike of the foods you are eating will change with time. However, I find eating those foods that are appealing works well for me.
Have you explored the world of nuts?
I too am slender and have benefited greatly from this food: walnuts, almonds, pistachios, macadamias (and even non-nut nuts such as raw peanuts and cashews).
Seek out good quality, raw, fresh nuts and be guided by your taste.
Personally, my attraction to meat foods is small. My diet usually consists of green vegetables, seaweeds, shellfish, fish, some fruit, good amounts of nuts and only very occasionally a very small amount of a red meat such as kangaroo.
But each to their own, and I am sure should you explore a range of raw foods you will start to gravitate to the ones which are most appealing and beneficial at the time. Your sense of smell and taste can be a strong ally and trustworthy guide.
Kind wishes, J

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2012, 05:56:45 am »
Hi Suiren
judging by the response to your post, you already have many suggestions.
For what its worth, hopefully your dislike of the foods you are eating will change with time. However, I find eating those foods that are appealing works well for me.
Have you explored the world of nuts?
I too am slender and have benefited greatly from this food: walnuts, almonds, pistachios, macadamias (and even non-nut nuts such as raw peanuts and cashews).
Seek out good quality, raw, fresh nuts and be guided by your taste.
Personally, my attraction to meat foods is small. My diet usually consists of green vegetables, seaweeds, shellfish, fish, some fruit, good amounts of nuts and only very occasionally a very small amount of a red meat such as kangaroo.
But each to their own, and I am sure should you explore a range of raw foods you will start to gravitate to the ones which are most appealing and beneficial at the time. Your sense of smell and taste can be a strong ally and trustworthy guide.
Kind wishes, J

Good advice, I agree. Thanks!

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2012, 06:00:55 am »

I'm proud to say he is a big fatsy boy only off of breastmilk :), eating me alive haha.

Wattlebird
Yes, I have eaten nuts. Mostly macadamia and cashew nuts. I got off of nuts because they are rather pricey, 3.50 Eur for 120 grams...:( But in the future I would like to add more nuts again.
I have read nuts have anti nutrients? Does anyone know more?
My diet is somewhat blah atm, I really NEED to eat more things I like, i agree.

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2012, 06:06:41 am »
Sorry, and I meant to add also, that sometimes how we would like our body to look at a time and what it (the body) is going through (processes of homeostasis), and on top of that how we perceive it may  not be the same at all.
There are a whole range of shapes and sizes that do not necessarily correlate with what we may wish for at a time, or what society may consider 'right', but nevertheless the body is just doing its thing regardless.
As to anti-nutrients, all sorts of foods have good and bad qualities. Sometimes the bad are not so bad in certain amounts. Sometimes too much good is bad. Not so easy to call. Fortunately by observing bodily responses and sensory indicators, one can be reasonably guided and so what study 'x' or study 'y' says, is not so important.
Just my opinion.
Kind wishes, J
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 06:17:40 am by Wattlebird »

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2012, 06:26:03 pm »
No, fasting would not be required.  Fasting is tricky.  I mean, you really need to have the nutrition/health to be doing it.  If not, the body gets stressed too much and it's counterproductive.  Building up the adrenals are a big key here.  I tend to just do a daily green juice with maybe celery, beets, beet greens, or carrots, spinach, whatever.  Dandelion is good here, but yea I would check about all this I have no idea about breast-feeding children  ;D  I think the most important thing is to listen to your body and eat lots of good quality, preferably raw fats.  The root veggies will probably help you a lot too.

-From a more mental/emotional perspective; Make sure you are relaxed when you eat.  Bless your food, don't watch the news, maybe listen to some nice music, whatever relaxes you.  You have to be out of "fight/flight" mode to digest well.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 06:07:11 pm »
Sorry, and I meant to add also, that sometimes how we would like our body to look at a time and what it (the body) is going through (processes of homeostasis), and on top of that how we perceive it may  not be the same at all.
There are a whole range of shapes and sizes that do not necessarily correlate with what we may wish for at a time, or what society may consider 'right', but nevertheless the body is just doing its thing regardless.

I'm not sure I understand this correctly  -[ , not to worry so much about looks? I don't overly worry I think, but that I would like to gain is just a fact I can't ignore.

As to anti-nutrients, all sorts of foods have good and bad qualities. Sometimes the bad are not so bad in certain amounts. Sometimes too much good is bad. Not so easy to call. Fortunately by observing bodily responses and sensory indicators, one can be reasonably guided and so what study 'x' or study 'y' says, is not so important.
Just my opinion.
Kind wishes, J
Understood, thank you. :)

No, fasting would not be required.  Fasting is tricky.  I mean, you really need to have the nutrition/health to be doing it.  If not, the body gets stressed too much and it's counterproductive.  Building up the adrenals are a big key here.  I tend to just do a daily green juice with maybe celery, beets, beet greens, or carrots, spinach, whatever.  Dandelion is good here, but yea I would check about all this I have no idea about breast-feeding children  ;D  I think the most important thing is to listen to your body and eat lots of good quality, preferably raw fats.  The root veggies will probably help you a lot too.

-From a more mental/emotional perspective; Make sure you are relaxed when you eat.  Bless your food, don't watch the news, maybe listen to some nice music, whatever relaxes you.  You have to be out of "fight/flight" mode to digest well.

Green juices are something I could do I think. We have a blender. As far as herbs go, I will just have to research. :)
Relaxed eating: That's a little hard with a baby sometimes. I eat more like a "hunted and gatherer", I get hunted down by the baby who wants me to pick him up... ;D He is like a kangaroo baby, and not quite grown out of the "mommy hold me 24/7" phase.

But we did locate a good source for raw meat and suet, so I will be able to have a lot more of that!

And, I also gained 1kg (2lbs?). Not sure it will keep going up, but that is positive. I am 106lbs now/ 48.2kg.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2012, 01:44:48 am »
Congrats, yea.  I'm tellin ya, just load up on the raw eggs, avocados, marrow, and starchy carbs with good fats if your body tolerates the carbs.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2012, 05:34:31 am »
If I gain more this way does it mean my body can absorb calories from fat? :)

Sadly the past two days I have been running into another problem - severe nausea.
Yesterday it struck me around 12 am, it was really bad and so I just decided to join the baby in bed right away and sleep it off. When he woke up to nurse some time around 6 am I still felt bad, but when we finally woke up around 10 I was fine. It stuck around for a while.

This evening I am experiencing the same thing, just not as strong (yet). I feel lightly faint and weird when I get it and my stomach aches. Talking seems hard, like when you're really sleepy and I feel better when I lay down.

At first I was thinking olive oil might have caused me this, but I have not taken any today. It also does not happen after eating or something, more like an hour or two after, when I am not hungry yet. My husband suspected hypoglycemia and gave me sugar, but it did not make me feel better.

I have been having nausea more often since changing my diet but it was not as strong. This really scares me, I have to be able to take care of my baby, and I worry what if I am home alone... :(

Does anyone know what it could be?

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2012, 09:11:27 am »
Do you get enough sea salt in your diet?  Weak adrenals love salt.  Other than that, good fats, carbs, and proteins should do the trick.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 05:46:46 am »
Do you get enough sea salt in your diet?  Weak adrenals love salt.  Other than that, good fats, carbs, and proteins should do the trick.

Hm... I don't add any salt, but I will try that!

Offline rebeccazadeng

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 02:35:58 pm »
wat kind of Strategies you are following to lose weight...

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2012, 04:09:29 am »
In the book "The Blood Sugar Solution" the author says that:

A study with mice found that when they sterilized the mice's digestive tracts (no bacteria) had 42% less body fat, despite the fact that they ate 29% more calories than the control mice.

When the normal bacteria was reintroduced back into the gut of the mice, there was a 57% increase in body fat despite no other change in diet or exercise.

He also says that when you feed your gut bacteria, fresh whole foods you get bacteria with symbiotic behaviour ( a mutually beneficial relationship between you and the bugs) and when you feed them junk you get disbiosis, a harmful reaction between the bacteria and the host that damages the lining of your gut lining creating a leaky gut. Partially digested food particles and microbial toxins can then leak across your gut triggering an immune response to these foreign proteins. That inflammation in turn damages your metabolism and affects how your brain controls your appetite also creating insulan issues........

He suggests that probiotics will help to repopulate with the good bacteria. however I would argue that doing it naturally with homemade yogurt or kefir and or high meat would be the superior way quicker way.

Ayurveda refers to the partially digested etc stuff leaking out of your gut as Ama. It is the cause of disease, because it travels around the blood till it gets stuck somewhere, where it will tend to build up and then you get sick. Pimples are a perfect example. It's basically sludge. Exercise will help to clean it out as the blood heats up and moves faster so it will clean out better, but at some point there has to be some sort of intervention with some sort of food that acts as a cleanser. Triphala is one of the better, but certainly not the only. Celery juice is a good choice, but again not the only or necessarily the best for you. It's all personal.
Cheers
Al

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2012, 03:40:41 am »

A study with mice found that when they sterilized the mice's digestive tracts (no bacteria) had 42% less body fat, despite the fact that they ate 29% more calories than the control mice.

When the normal bacteria was reintroduced back into the gut of the mice, there was a 57% increase in body fat despite no other change in diet or exercise.

He also says that when you feed your gut bacteria, fresh whole foods you get bacteria with symbiotic behaviour ( a mutually beneficial relationship between you and the bugs) and when you feed them junk you get disbiosis, a harmful reaction between the bacteria and the host that damages the lining of your gut lining creating a leaky gut. Partially digested food particles and microbial toxins can then leak across your gut triggering an immune response to these foreign proteins. That inflammation in turn damages your metabolism and affects how your brain controls your appetite also creating insulan issues........

He suggests that probiotics will help to repopulate with the good bacteria. however I would argue that doing it naturally with homemade yogurt or kefir and or high meat would be the superior way quicker way.

Ayurveda refers to the partially digested etc stuff leaking out of your gut as Ama. It is the cause of disease, because it travels around the blood till it gets stuck somewhere, where it will tend to build up and then you get sick. Pimples are a perfect example. It's basically sludge. Exercise will help to clean it out as the blood heats up and moves faster so it will clean out better, but at some point there has to be some sort of intervention with some sort of food that acts as a cleanser. Triphala is one of the better, but certainly not the only. Celery juice is a good choice, but again not the only or necessarily the best for you. It's all personal.
That makes sense. I'm also assuming that "fresh" raw foods also have a sufficient amount of bacteria to help repopulate the gut, although probably at a slower pace.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2012, 03:53:07 am »
The author says some quite interesting things and one thing I would argue against but since he is writing the book for people who are still at the stage of getting off SAD food I can see why he goes there. He essentially tells the people to become vege for a period of time also. This may be a case of when there's a war you pass out guns...

I would advise going to our diet, but if he did he would lose his audience.

I often think it would be fun to correspond with writers like him, to talk about RPD but I haven't figured out how yet.
Cheers
Al

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2012, 04:42:14 am »
Ferocious has contacted some Authors through their website :) . However I know not everyone will have their contact info public.

raw-al, what you say makes perfect sense, and I think it is the case for me to a degree. Not sure how much since I have been thin all my life, but I guess it could have even mildly affected me as a child and have progressed slowly.

Maybe it got worse for me around 18, since that is the time that I noticed a decline in health, lower weight, and some pimples (which I "fixed" with the bc pill). That matches what you describe.

I wonder how fast it will fix itself. Maybe I just need to wait longer (and of course eat even better and make sure I am fully transitioned soon).

Partially digested food particles and microbial toxins can then leak across your gut triggering an immune response to these foreign proteins. That inflammation in turn damages your metabolism and affects how your brain controls your appetite also creating insulan issues........

........Ayurveda refers to the partially digested etc stuff leaking out of your gut as Ama. It is the cause of disease, because it travels around the blood till it gets stuck somewhere, where it will tend to build up and then you get sick. Pimples are a perfect example. It's basically sludge.
I do think my pimples are an immune response, and that they are also related to something going wrong with insulin. Since eating better my skin has been good, and if I cheat I break out within hours. I can only imagine all the toxins in my body!

I try to avoid dairy because of the hormones. Is there potent dairy free alternatives?

Exercise will help to clean it out as the blood heats up and moves faster so it will clean out better, but at some point there has to be some sort of intervention with some sort of food that acts as a cleanser. Triphala is one of the better, but certainly not the only. Celery juice is a good choice, but again not the only or necessarily the best for you. It's all personal.
Hm...e x c e r c i s e....I faintly remember what that is. I used to play Volleyball, which is not possible with the baby so maybe running with the stroller will do.  l)

I have been lagging with eating much fat lately because of the nausea. Salt helps some, but the nausea still happens. We think it is something hypoglycemia and I try to avoid even natural foods that trigger it.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2012, 05:10:10 am »
raw-al, what you say makes perfect sense, and I think it is the case for me to a degree. Not sure how much since I have been thin all my life, but I guess it could have even mildly affected me as a child and have progressed slowly.

Maybe it got worse for me around 18, since that is the time that I noticed a decline in health, lower weight, and some pimples (which I "fixed" with the bc pill). That matches what you describe.

I wonder how fast it will fix itself. Maybe I just need to wait longer (and of course eat even better and make sure I am fully transitioned soon).
I do think my pimples are an immune response, and that they are also related to something going wrong with insulin. Since eating better my skin has been good, and if I cheat I break out within hours. I can only imagine all the toxins in my body!
I try to avoid dairy because of the hormones. Is there potent dairy free alternatives?
Hm...e x c e r c i s e....I faintly remember what that is. I used to play Volleyball, which is not possible with the baby so maybe running with the stroller will do.  l)

I have been lagging with eating much fat lately because of the nausea. Salt helps some, but the nausea still happens. We think it is something hypoglycemia and I try to avoid even natural foods that trigger it.
Suiren
You are roughly the same size as my daughters. Lots of women would kill for that complaint. You are what you are. This is not bad anymore than those who gain easily.

If you are getting pimples from eating cooked food then you are the same as myself. It's just undigested food. Despite what I appear to say in my posts, I do eat cooked food periodically (generally bread) because I have a difficult time with the monotony of the raw food we eat. My wife will cook food when we have guests and I will just eat it because I am around it.

As far as dairy, that topic usually starts a war here.... however we have access to a good dairy farm and so we know it is good. Kefir and yogurt are sufficiently modified that it will be less problematic than milk, however if it is problematic then don't consume it. They are partially digested. You can make it easier to consume if you make it into lassi which tastes great and is easy to digest. You can make digestive lassi or sweet lassi.

Having a baby is a game changer. Exercise is part of the deal. Just looking after the baby is exercise.

Re the fat, if it makes you sick then don't eat it. Maybe get a small amount from some other animal and try it. We also have tried ground meat for a change.

Fat is a bit of a challenge to digest, so what I do is just have a bit, or add some spice to it that you like.

Re the bacteria, there are other possibilities. Sauerkraut is one. Not sure if that would give your baby gas from the cabbage.
Cheers
Al

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2012, 03:52:03 am »
I think you would like fat if you ground it or put in a food processor with beef, of lamb, and added salt and fresh herbs, to make sausage. Then make little meat balls, so it looks more appetizing than ground meat. Only do a day's worth at a time, it doesn't keep well.
   I do this with pre frozen meat and suet when I run out of fresh. You can also dip the little balls in warm olive oil/coconut with onion, garlic powder and salt/pepper. I think you will love it.
    Have you tried warm butter/coconut oil/honey/pollen/comb it is really yummy you can mix in some nuts or a bit of dried coconut or raw coco beans. Those things will not make you  -v and will make you fat. That has been my experience. -[
   I made the potatoes in the crock pot, that were suggested for you, for my new-be raw daughter. She drowned them in raw parmesan and butter and had a side of raw lamb sausage when she came home. She is growing and working hard in her summer farm job and I can't keep weight on her either, but she glows with health, so I'm not worried. Truly, you glow too Suiren
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2012, 07:45:06 am »
Suiren
You are roughly the same size as my daughters. Lots of women would kill for that complaint. You are what you are. This is not bad anymore than those who gain easily.
Well, I have been this size for 15 years, same height and weight.  I envy the ones that can gain weight if they eat a lot. I try to be more accepting of my size, but still always wish I was just a tad bigger.

If you are getting pimples from eating cooked food then you are the same as myself. It's just undigested food. Despite what I appear to say in my posts, I do eat cooked food periodically (generally bread) because I have a difficult time with the monotony of the raw food we eat. My wife will cook food when we have guests and I will just eat it because I am around it.
We eat a bunch of cooked stuff still, also for money reasons...89 cent lunch meat is much more affordable than grass fed raw meat. I do avoid the worst of the worst always though.
I am not sure if the cooked food makes me break out or more certain types of food. I know wheat gives me acne quickly, so does milk, probably corn and rice too to some degree. But I have never been 100% raw to see if my skin improves more on it.
Lately it has been fine but once in a while I while break out dramatically, and not even really know what I did wrong. -[

As far as dairy, that topic usually starts a war here.... however we have access to a good dairy farm and so we know it is good. Kefir and yogurt are sufficiently modified that it will be less problematic than milk, however if it is problematic then don't consume it. They are partially digested. You can make it easier to consume if you make it into lassi which tastes great and is easy to digest. You can make digestive lassi or sweet lassi.
I try to avoid dairy mostly because I used to have a lot of hormonal issues (Pituitary Tumor + raised Prolactin, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis) and also because of breastfeeding. I want to give my hormones the chance to be just on their own ;)
It also seems to contribute to acne, although i am not entirely sure. Otherwise, we would have very good sources of raw aged cheese...I do miss the occasional cheese or things made with milk...

Having a baby is a game changer. Exercise is part of the deal. Just looking after the baby is exercise.
Yes, my arms are starting to look like Popeye's arms  ;D
Some sports are problematic to me anyways, since I am afraid I could pull my C-section scar tissue...I still get the occasional pain.

Re the fat, if it makes you sick then don't eat it. Maybe get a small amount from some other animal and try it. We also have tried ground meat for a change.

Fat is a bit of a challenge to digest, so what I do is just have a bit, or add some spice to it that you like.

Re the bacteria, there are other possibilities. Sauerkraut is one. Not sure if that would give your baby gas from the cabbage.

The fat from raw butter is the only thing that keeps me alive at the moment...I basically live off of raw butter and lunch meat, with the occasional raw meat or fish or eggs. Very few veggies and fruits...

I like sauerkraut though! I will definitively eat it! I will have to see about the gas, but he never had gas in his life it seems.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2012, 07:53:37 am »
I think you would like fat if you ground it or put in a food processor with beef, of lamb, and added salt and fresh herbs, to make sausage. Then make little meat balls, so it looks more appetizing than ground meat. Only do a day's worth at a time, it doesn't keep well.
   I do this with pre frozen meat and suet when I run out of fresh. You can also dip the little balls in warm olive oil/coconut with onion, garlic powder and salt/pepper. I think you will love it.
It sounds very good! Thank you!  :o I am surprised what you can do with raw paleo foods...I eat too basic I think, at least for someone transitioning.

Have you tried warm butter/coconut oil/honey/pollen/comb it is really yummy you can mix in some nuts or a bit of dried coconut or raw coco beans. Those things will not make you  -v and will make you fat. That has been my experience. -[
Not yet, but I have been wanting to try something yummy like this. Atm it is a little hard for us to afford all these super health foods, so I could not eat it on a regular basis. But I want to see how I like it and hopefully soon I can shop for the ingredients online.

I made the potatoes in the crock pot, that were suggested for you, for my new-be raw daughter. She drowned them in raw parmesan and butter and had a side of raw lamb sausage when she came home. She is growing and working hard in her summer farm job and I can't keep weight on her either, but she glows with health, so I'm not worried. Truly, you glow too Suiren

Thank you! :) To hear this after having had so many health issues sounds wonderful!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk