Author Topic: Getting enough fat from seafood and game impossible  (Read 5146 times)

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Getting enough fat from seafood and game impossible
« on: July 25, 2012, 08:23:56 am »
I don't understand how you can have such a high % of fats in your diet if you eat seafood and game... both are just so lean you couldn't live off it.
I understand eating sushi because the rice gives you calories, but if you are largely eating wild foods I just don't get it...

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Getting enough fat from seafood and game impossible
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:45:16 am »
It depends what type of game you're talking about. If you're talking rabbits or hares, sure, they're too lean. If you're talking deer, moose, bison, you can get enough fat as long as you leave most of the meat. I suspect this is what indigenous americans often did, and might explain the practice of running herds of game animals over cliffs and leaving most of the meat to rot. Indigenous peoples in northern latitudes had it easier, as their game included seals, walrus and other very fatty animals, so fat was comparatively abundant for them.

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 10:09:54 am »
I just downed a glass of extra virgin olive oil in some fresh mandarin/apple juice, along with my swordfish.

*shrug*

CitrusHigh

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 10:30:19 am »
Why didn't you eat the skin? The eyes? The organs?

What about marrow? Insects?

How about killing several animals, eating what you need from them and leaving the rest for scavengers the way lions do?

Give nature some respect and observation and you'll find the answers you're looking for. Probably won't find olive oil out there though lol.

Also, any hunter gatherer tribe I've ever known of has lived off a diverse array of foods with the exception of a very few and that was due to necessity.  The ones who do live entirely off animals have either a diverse array of animals to choose from (inuit) or have very nourishing foods (maasai) .

Otherwise, with little exception, peeps be eatin whateva they get they hands on fer rillz, only being choosy when they could afford to be, which may have been more often than many people think since this earth has been abundance (and continues to be, just not to the same extent) for most of it's biological history.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 10:37:39 am »
I don't understand how you can have such a high % of fats in your diet if you eat seafood and game... both are just so lean you couldn't live off it.
I understand eating sushi because the rice gives you calories, but if you are largely eating wild foods I just don't get it...

Salmon, trout, whale, seal, ect. I was j/k about the seal and whale. But, can you imagine if you could by it? Holy $#@%! That would be awesome! Why don't you just add fat to your meats? That works for me.

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 12:44:12 pm »
Don't worry about the variety, I am still eating lots of fruit and fermented greens.
To be honest, I don't like eating too much beef/pork/lamb fat, if that is an instincto thing then it might have some credit. I rather sourcream and yogurt, and fish fat and olive oil in larger amounts.
Fish fat is so much tastier... I can imagine whale fat being absolutely awesome! I absolutely love kangaroo meat so perhaps kangaroo fat would be good too, but you simply can't buy it!

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 01:00:46 pm »
If I were you, I'd just drizzle as much EV olive oil that you desire on whatever seafood that you eat. If you like raw butter, or if you can get it in your area, could be another sourse for fat. Some people in the forum use it, others think it's taboo. You decide for yourself. EV coconut oil is also another option as well. www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com (is a RAW source) if your interested. I highly recommend that brand, it's centrifuge extracted. Just means it's not fermented, and mechanically extracted at low temperatures. I think It makes a world of difference!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:06:11 pm by Chris »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 01:55:31 pm »

In Wai Diet, the solution was egg yolks and olive oil.

When my office was beside the big wet market, it was raw tuna and raw blue marlin that gave enough fat.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 06:58:10 pm »
Hey man, some people just do better on other fats.  I do best with about equal plant fats/animal fats in the summer maybe even leaning toward the plant fats.  Lots of avocado, cold pressed olive oil/coconut oil, some nuts here and there.  For animal fats it goes; raw eggs, bone marrow, raw butter.  I mean look at the Indian people.  A lot of them don't eat much meat but they eat some good amounts of dairy products and other oils.  It just depends on your genetics as well.  What is your ancestry?  How do you feel eating something?  I know we haven't changed that much but there is a reason (i may be hated for this) most of NBA players are black, swimmers and tennis players are white, there are stereotypes of asian people being "smart" and "math savvy."  I'm not suggesting that this is always the case but the point is that we are NOT all the same inside or out.  Maybe your ancestors just evolved eating other fats.  I found that learning a bit more about the diets of my ancestors was actually pretty dead-on for figuring out the optimal food for myself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk