Author Topic: Isn't this a RPD Only Forum?  (Read 10434 times)

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
Isn't this a RPD Only Forum?
« on: July 30, 2012, 03:00:19 pm »
This is just my two cents. But, there are too many people who aren't 100% raw on this website/forum. I don't get it! It should be a 100% "Raw Paleo" diet forum. If your not 100% raw, you should be on a different forum IMO. I get it that people are curious, but if your not ready and disciplined enough to go the Raw Paleo way, then they add nothing to this forum. There's too many people that want their hands held, and want all the answers to all that ails them! I don't think we need to play nurturers, or Dr. Phil with people. The RPD is NOT a CURE ALL people!! It's a lifestyle! You have to apply it people, if you expect the changes you desire.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:07:11 pm by Chris »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Isn't this a RPD Only Forum?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 07:59:24 pm »
How about those who are still on their way to becoming raw paleo?
It takes people some time to find their way and get things right.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 09:24:57 pm »
I don't have a problem with cooked-fooders posting here, as long as they don't pretend there's no health difference between cooked and raw.  The goal is health, not purity. 

As far as holding people's hands go, I don't mind it in moderation.  People helped me when I first started, and I feel obligated to pass it on.  Sincere seekers deserve help.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 09:42:22 pm »
Many long-termers also eat a little cooked food occasionally, such as during certain unavoidable social occasions or when they can't get hold of decent raw foods. Most beginners end up eating mostly raw, anyway,  mainly because  eating partially cooked diet involves detox symptoms.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 09:51:37 pm »
This forum would be far less populated if all of us who eat partially cooked diets would disappear, are you sure that's what you want? That would include a few mods, and many long standing members. Maybe you should start your uber-strict 100% raw forum some where and see how that goes for ya!

Offline Chris

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 04:16:23 am »
How about those who are still on their way to becoming raw paleo?

How about a separate section for newbies, or for people who are transitioning? Maybe going 100% was a little too far. But, at least 90% and 100% with meats. Is it just me, or are you guy's getting a little sick and tired of people posting their mental issues, thinking that the RFD is a cure all? The RFD can do so many great things for long term health conditions. But, you have to commit to it 100% in order to get what you want out of it. I personally don't care what are numbers are in this site to be quite honest with you. I would rather have quality than quantity any day! Some people are to wishy washy. You have to commit to the RFD if you want results. When you land on this forum, you have to have an open mind and think outside the box. Like I said this is a lifestyle choice. None of this "RFD has made be mentally unstable, or what foods should I eat to cure my BLANK". We need a hard core section that is at least 90% raw. My biggest rant with this forum, is when people "try" the RFD, and then go back to cooked foods and feel like shit. Then come back, begging for the answers to all their questions. This isn't a mental health forum. It's a RPD forum. What part of RAW Paleo do you not understand? I understand this forum is loose on it's interpretation on the RFD. I get that. But, come on people? I only speak for myself, and this is ONLY my opinion. I appreciate you reading my post, even if you don't agree with it.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 04:51:13 am »
One more thing if I may. This is not an argument, so don't treat it as such. It's a personal opinion! How about a section 50% under raw. 75% under raw. 90% over raw? With an added section for mental illness?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 06:48:11 am »
One more thing if I may. This is not an argument, so don't treat it as such. It's a personal opinion! How about a section 50% under raw. 75% under raw. 90% over raw? With an added section for mental illness?

Maybe we can have a field in the members info that shows his  / her current rawness... that may be a good idea.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 07:55:06 am »
Like many people here, I don't resonate with every post and every poster on this forum; nevertheless, my philosophical leanings prefer less governance. To that end, I prefer that each member and guest decide what threads or posters to read or avoid. I think this forum is enriched by our variety, and the moderators do a good job eliminating way-off posts. Those who you characterize as "too wishy washy" or with "mental issues" merit kindness, regardless of your opinion.  Perhaps avoiding their posts would be a wiser choice than criticizing them.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Chris

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 10:17:12 am »
IMO, this forum should be about learning from one another and sharing ideas. For 90% it is. There is a lot of wisdom and knowledge in this forum. Also, there seems to be a good share of free thinkers, and people who like to push the limits too. I like that! But, most of us didn't just land on this site by chance. Most of us have been through countless diets and health issues. We have schooled ourselves throughout the years on nutrition and health issues. When you start any diet, and I mean any diet. You have to follow a certain protocol, if you expect positive results. You guy's know that! You can't be 10%, 45%, or 70% in. You have to be ALL in. Some of these people are Trolls, I understand that. We don't know what they eat, or what food choices they make, or what drugs they take. If they are serious about taking the step in the RFD, I think it's our responsibility to reach out to them and help them. If there serious! When I joined this site, I made a commitment to myself and this diet. I just think we get off topic on a lot of crap/bs. I'm not here to change the world! I'm here for me, and to learn all that I can from the many members in this forum. I also love sharing my ideas as well, for anyone who cares to listen to them. I'm not saying chuck the site, and start over from scratch. There are so many paths in this forum, why not add a few more? The 50% and under section, where people can interact with others at their own level. Same with the 75% and under. When you graduate to the 90% and over, your at a whole different level with the RPD. So people can go at there own speed. These are just My suggestions people. Don't get all excited. If you like it you like it. If you don't than you don't.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:22:17 am by Chris »

Offline Chris

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 10:31:54 am »
Perhaps avoiding their posts would be a wiser choice than criticizing them.

LOL.. Elementary my dear Eve! I'm way a head of Ya. Sorry you don't agree with my post. But, thats your opinion, and you have every right to disagree. Thanks for your comments.  :)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 11:01:24 am »
When you start any diet, and I mean any diet. You have to follow a certain protocol, if you expect positive results. You guy's know that! You can't be 10%, 45%, or 70% in. You have to be ALL in.

I completely agree.  However, I can't honestly tell someone who notices no difference in their health at 95% raw (versus 100% raw) that they really really need to be ABSOLUTELY 100% raw, instead of 95%, for instance.

It's about about proving your dogma.  If it can't prove itself in real-world testing, it's pointless.  I used to think that even tiny amounts of cooked food might be causing serious long-term damage that would cause me to age much more quickly.  I now don't think that's realistic, though.   I see no evidence that it's true, anywhere.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 02:49:37 pm »
Actually chris, you are backpeddling...doing damage control. After you realized how extreme your viewpoint is, you realized making comments that this forum should be only for 100%ers would alienate nearly everyone here. So being a little condescending with eve is probably not making you look any better, not that you care...!...

Anyway, although I don't agree with the idea of only allowing alleged full on folks, I whole heartedly endorse the idea that you mentioned about having sections for 50, 75 and 90%+. Although I'm not sure where the top level should cutoff because I stay obvious-symptom free with 80%+ raw, not 'til I go lower than that do I start seeming to get issues, and of course I don't measure my diet and it's HIGHLY varied according to season, circumstance and availability as well as fit and fancy. Anyway, I'd like to see something like that, because I do get tired of people bitching that they're having health problems when they won't go all in sufficiently and/or long enough to clean out their systems and experience the healing. This shit doesn't happen over night (well, actually some of it does) but most of it takes time. I wouldn't say I'm fully healed now (prob bc I'm not 100%) but I would say I'm like 90% healed and it took about two years eating this way to get there. Now 5 years later I can look back on those wretched detoxes with fondness and gratitude for sticking with things, although in all fairness I never doubted (enough to stop me) that they were indeed detoxes so I stuck with it, thankfully!!

Did you post your bio in the welcome section Chris? I would like to know how you came to the forum as I did, already sold and apparently healed from this WOE.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 04:34:57 pm »
IMO, this forum should be about learning from one another and sharing ideas. For 90% it is. There is a lot of wisdom and knowledge in this forum. Also, there seems to be a good share of free thinkers, and people who like to push the limits too. I like that! But, most of us didn't just land on this site by chance. Most of us have been through countless diets and health issues. We have schooled ourselves throughout the years on nutrition and health issues. When you start any diet, and I mean any diet. You have to follow a certain protocol, if you expect positive results. You guy's know that! You can't be 10%, 45%, or 70% in. You have to be ALL in. Some of these people are Trolls, I understand that. We don't know what they eat, or what food choices they make, or what drugs they take. If they are serious about taking the step in the RFD, I think it's our responsibility to reach out to them and help them. If there serious! When I joined this site, I made a commitment to myself and this diet. I just think we get off topic on a lot of crap/bs. I'm not here to change the world! I'm here for me, and to learn all that I can from the many members in this forum. I also love sharing my ideas as well, for anyone who cares to listen to them. I'm not saying chuck the site, and start over from scratch. There are so many paths in this forum, why not add a few more? The 50% and under section, where people can interact with others at their own level. Same with the 75% and under. When you graduate to the 90% and over, your at a whole different level with the RPD. So people can go at there own speed. These are just My suggestions people. Don't get all excited. If you like it you like it. If you don't than you don't.

I like your suggestions! Hope that counts!

Offline Chris

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 08:35:43 am »
I like your suggestions!

Thanks, it means a lot coming from you GS.

Hope that counts!

Absolutely, your opinion always counts!

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 09:59:11 pm »
if you force members to adhere to 100% RPD it'll turn into something like 30bad or zerocarb.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 02:33:09 pm »
Q: Isn't this a RPD Only Forum?
A: No

From "New Members Please Read" by Waungata:
Welcome to Raw Paleo Forum!  We are a laid-back, tolerant group of friends who follow or are planning to follow some sort of raw food diet that contains raw animal foods (RAF).  We encourage support, debate, and humor alternative viewpoints that fit into the Raw Paleo Diet (RPD) paradigm.  A 100% RPD is certainly not required, as we are all on our own path to health.  In fact, within the RPD movement, there are many subgroups that exist and are welcome here.

From rawpaleodiet.com:
Forums
If you have questions or want to learn more about raw food diets, please visit our sister site: Raw Paleo Forum ( http://www.rawpaleoforum.com ) and our Yahoo! Raw Paleo Diet Discussion Group ( http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/rawpaleodiet ). The archives of both are available to the public, which makes it possible to learn a great deal from others who have embarked on this journey. We look forward to your participation or even simply being a fly on the wall.

This can only happen with open participation rather than censorship. Everyone here has their own issues in optimising their health, and we all want to learn and experiment with ways to do this.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:13:31 pm by alive »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 11:39:16 am »
if you force members to adhere to 100% RPD it'll turn into something like 30bad or zerocarb.

Yes, and the whole reason I've put so much energy into this forum is because we are evidence-based, not dogma-based. If you can't prove your eating method works, you have to shut up here.  ROFL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk