Author Topic: Broth Nutrition?  (Read 3897 times)

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
Broth Nutrition?
« on: July 31, 2012, 12:08:03 am »
Ever evolving with the diet.  I don't plan on dropping out root veggies or steamed veggies anytime soon but after a lot of crock-potting, I have a question. 

-Do we think cooking vegetables in a crock-pot or other low and slow method for a few hours and then drinking the broth and throwing out the vegetables provides the calories, sugar, minerals, and nutrition from those vegetables in an easier to digest format?

I feel like this is probably true.  When I use things like carrots, parsnips, etc my broth always tastes very sweet.  I personally think some fiber is good for me, but I currently eat a lot of fruit right now so I don't think the vegetable fiber is that important.  What you guys think?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Broth Nutrition?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 12:44:42 am »
HT forum, not GD. Moved there now.

Bone broths are fine on a cooked diet. On a raw diet, eating cooked usually interferes with digestion. Long-termers like me find, after a while, that the body starts not digesting cooked foods as well as before, as it is a strain on the body and the body defaults to raw-food-digestion instead after a long time raw.

Cooking releases more nutrients from raw veg, but not other rawpalaeo foods, but also adds heat-created toxins, so it's not worth it.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 12:51:37 am »
Right, but assuming the nutrition is there, cooked broth is less of a strain on digestion than just cooked veggies I would think.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 02:55:15 am »
Right, but assuming the nutrition is there, cooked broth is less of a strain on digestion than just cooked veggies I would think.
Steam the veg and leave it at that.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 12:14:25 pm »
I agree with Tyler. Cooked food is also very dehydrating for me, even the soup or broth...none of them are good for my body. At this point, even any healthy cooked food is like junk to me. Being raw is a blessing for me.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:22:30 pm by cherimoya_kid »
bugs or country chickens

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 12:21:58 pm »
Cooked food is also very dehydrating for me even the soup or broth..

I've experienced this too.  Cooked food makes me crave liquids much more.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 12:33:53 pm »
Bone broths are fine on a cooked diet. On a raw diet, eating cooked usually interferes with digestion. Long-termers like me find, after a while, that the body starts not digesting cooked foods as well as before, as it is a strain on the body and the body defaults to raw-food-digestion instead after a long time raw.

I also agree. Your body is not going to be able to absorb any nutrients when cooked. You'll just piss them right out of your system. Minerals go from an organic (ionic) state to an inorganic state (when cooking). There only use is to satisfy your stomach, and create more cravings. That's been my experience. But, if it works for you. More power to you. I've always had trouble with Vegetables and fruits. They only brought more problems than their worth. I never felt satisfied, and I always had a craving for more and more of them. Ever since becoming a carnivore on the RPD, I've felt so much better! My hunger cravings are under control. I feel much more satisfied. I eat 100% raw right now. But, I'm flexible at times. I try not to dip under 95% though.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:30:44 pm by Chris »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 12:45:36 pm »
I just served beef bone broth to my kids and sister in laws last night.

I had the raw bone marrow and raw tuna.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk