Author Topic: Experiences with elderberries?  (Read 1618 times)

CitrusHigh

Experiences with elderberries?
« on: August 05, 2012, 10:26:19 am »
I just harvested a load of them because there's a lot of interest here in our traditional foods community and I thought I'd sell them for some extra cash. But if I can't get a reasonable price for them then I'll probably freeze them and use them myself. They look like they're just packed with nutrition, such dark color, they're gorgeous to even just look at!

Does anyone have experience with them? How does your body like them, any reaction, positive, neutral or negative? I know the unripe berries as well as the rest of the plant contain cyanide compounds that can be used occasionally as medicine, and a lot folks use the tincture or syrup as an immuno-stimulant, but I wouldn't want to damage such nutrient dense berries, I'd eat them raw or ferment them in to something enzyme enhanced. They aren't the most flavorful little things, but mixed with honey they'd be a nice treat, or by themselves for the subtle flavors.

Holla atcha Elderberries!

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
Re: Experiences with elderberries?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 01:34:25 am »
I like there musk ness. They are strong and bolder than most berries. I Never looked into nutrition. Hard to find.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk