Author Topic: canteloups overload  (Read 4857 times)

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
canteloups overload
« on: August 30, 2012, 11:23:45 am »
Lately I am trying out the "instincto" route and I have found myself only wanting  to eat canteloupes. For more than a week I only desire to eat canteloupes.   I could eat several extra large canteloups during daytime and towards the end of the day (if I feel hungry) I still just want more canteloups rather than other foodstuff.  OK the weather is overly warm here (close to 100 degree F) but I do not feel like eating other juicy fruits such as watermelons.

I do use my intellect and make myself eat other food stuff containing protein and fat in the evening every day, although I do not much enjoy it.  I feel perplexed. What am I supposed to do? Listening to my desire for more canteloups or to my intellect to take in balanced nutrients?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:11:54 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: canteloups overload
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 12:28:56 pm »
Instinctotherapie is instinctotherapie so it doesn't blend with modern intellectual dietary "rules" like macronutrient ratios. Trying to get back to instinctive eating will be confused if you continue to override the instinct about what to eat. It takes a little time and practice to un-learn the rules of eating. Read GCB's writings often to help build your understanding of this technique.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 02:38:03 am »
I don't think you will get sick from too many cantaloupes. I think something inside me (body or mind, not sure) tested me, to see if I would really listen to instinct, or if I would decide what was right. Maybe it is related to that for you too. It seemed that once I mentally committed to eat what I was drawn instinctively too, in a trust myself over what experts decree, my instincts passed. It felt like stress and tension, met self acceptance for what was occurring in the moment, then calm assured action, then relaxation and finally more balance. When I did have strong pulls toward a particular food, for me (celery, cucumber, banana, carrots), when they passed I didn't want them at all for days/weeks after.
    I have no idea what's happening, but it can't be that bad, especially if you feel good, maybe it is exactly what you need, and isn't it interesting to see for yourself?
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 10:27:12 am »
its hard to eat anything when the weather is that hot, you are probably sweating and displacing a certain mineral deficiency that the cantelopes fulfill.  cantelopes have a lot of potassium in them, perhaps find another potassium/mineral source if you are worried about overload

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 11:12:00 am »
Many thanks to all who responded and gave me valuable suggestions. 

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 02:12:51 pm »
I fully agree with Eveheart (and with Adora and Jessica as well).

It's no problem if you eat a single raw paleo foodstuff for a while, your body may fulfill a deep need. Just take care to have a sufficient choice at the disposal of your nose everyday, so that you can take the smell of some meat, fish / shellfish and various plant foods at least once a day. If their smell doesn't tend to induce salivation, then you probably don't need them now. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 02:08:12 am »
Thank you Iguana. I will do what you said. Wish me success in this INSTINCTO experiment. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk