Author Topic: If you believe this study, you'll believe anything  (Read 2064 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Barefoot Instincto

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: If you believe this study, you'll believe anything
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 10:58:50 pm »
Saw this on the news this morning and went off on a little rant. Doctors basically telling people its okay to be chocked full of fat as long as you make sure to move around each week.

Regardless, these "obesity exercisers" may live a decently "long" time, but in what condition? With what quality of life? Some might say no life. >_.

Offline intrigued

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 01:00:47 am »
Seems like one thing that usually gets brought up on this forum that didn't here is the health of the control group.  Is it so unbelievable that "fat" people eating a terrible diet who also exercise are about as healthy as "fitter/thinner" people eating a terrible diet who also exercise?

Offline White shark

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 05:33:53 pm »
Of course fat people can be more healthy than thin people. You can be thin but eat unhealthy, and you can be fat but eat healthier. Its all about what you eat. You are not healthy just because you are thin or normal. But of course you are healthier if you eat a good diet, and are normal weight. But that said, i dont think that normal weight is as low as the bmi says, i think you are healthier having a little more fat, than the bmi says.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk