Author Topic: Aajonus Vonderplanitz questionable diploma?  (Read 4951 times)

Offline eoterm

• Forager
    • View Profile
Aajonus Vonderplanitz questionable diploma?
« on: September 23, 2012, 07:13:41 am »
Please don't hit me!

I am new to the whole raw paleo, and I have not eaten cooked meat this entire week!  It has all been raw (ground beef and salmon)  However, I love animal products, an truthfully enjoy them much more cooked (Except for fish, love sashimi)  However, being new even to paleo I just want to make sure my decisions in becoming a RVAFer really has benefits over eating cooked food paleo.   But since it seems that Aajonus name seems to associated with eating raw animal products  maybe even the reason many do raw paleo.  It makes me a little more leary in maybe becoming full RVAFer.  Please understand I am keeping an open mind, and I get the bacteria/enzymes/heat sensitive b vitamins in raw meat, and that it might be better for us...

Any comments?

http://www.naturalnews.com/036076_Aajonus_Vonderplanitz_doctorate_nutrition.html

CitrusHigh

Re: Aajonus Vonderplanitz questionable diploma?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 07:50:20 am »
It's already been discussed, not sure where the thread is. The bottom line is that it doesn't have any impact on raw foods as a concept, only that Aajonus hasn't been to an accredited university if it's true. Doesn't matter though because they don't teach raw animal foods in universities, they teach NOT raw animal foods.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 03:49:44 pm »
Precisely. Besides, Aajonus is not synonymous with a RVAF diet, there are a number of other RVAF diet gurus such as Burger etc. as well.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline CS

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 03:55:18 am »
I personally feel that Aajonus has astounding and unique shamantistic abilities in regards to using raw food as medicine. He is able to correct imbalances very precisely. If you follow his diet you'll be able into this flow of knowing emanating from your body and realize where his insights and intuition originate. Definitely give it a try.  O0

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 04:10:49 am »
Many with university degrees are more resistant to independent thinking due to their extensive programming by the 'education' system - about the only people with degrees worth listening to on this subject would be evolutionary scientists. Even then it's more useful to listen to people with first hand results and success
- who are actually DOING  IT!

What is more telling on our society is that AV felt he needed to make these claims in order to be heard.
So even though the US surgeon generals office is bursting at the seams with credentials and they clearly lied about salt being harmful, our society seems to value these credentials.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:19:50 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 04:21:03 am »
They didn't lie, salt is indeed harmful. I, like a number of rawpalaeos, get a nasty reaction in my mouth after eating salt, sort of my body's way of telling me that it is a toxin.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 07:31:51 am »
Aajonus does not represent raw paleo diet or this forum.  He just happened to stumble along while self experimenting and healing people he created his own style.  Since he has a good amount of following and is somewhat parallel to the raw paleo diet's community philosophy, then Aajonus got included in this forum.  As did GC Burger. of Instincto fame  who is included here.

Besides a great deal of his healing techniques are sound and work, I have his books as reference in my ipad.  I never cared for diplomas.  Nor do I ask the people in this forum for their diplomas.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 01:30:28 pm by TylerDurden »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 10:29:51 am »
Aajonus does not represent raw paleo diet or this forum.  He just happened to stumble along while self experimenting and healing people he created his own style.  Since he has a good amount of following and is somewhat parallel to the raw paleo diet's community philosophy, then Aajonus got included in this forum.  As did GC Burger. of Instincto fame is included here.

Besides a great deal of his healing techniques are sound and work, I have his books as reference in my ipad.  I never cared for diplomas.  Nor do I ask the people in this forum for their diplomas.

People in traditional tribes all over the world have more USEFUL knowledge about nutrition than the average nutritionist with a degree. 

Degrees are mainly only important in the hard sciences.  Nutrition is not yet a hard science.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 03:50:53 pm »
Degrees are mainly only important in the hard sciences.  Nutrition is not yet a hard science.

@cherimoya_kid, I was just thinking along these lines today regarding the difference between quantitative and  qualitative measurements. For example standardised school testing will provide a quantity, a grade, which can be used to evaluate the student, teacher, and school on this specific detail.

But at least as interesting is the quality of the education and how it contributes to the child as a whole. This cannot easily be measured so it is ignored.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 10:17:08 pm »
@cherimoya_kid, I was just thinking along these lines today regarding the difference between quantitative and  qualitative measurements. For example standardised school testing will provide a quantity, a grade, which can be used to evaluate the student, teacher, and school on this specific detail.

But at least as interesting is the quality of the education and how it contributes to the child as a whole. This cannot easily be measured so it is ignored.

Some people care about "truth", and they keep their minds open.  Some people are more focused on the immediately-knowable.  Some people are crazy fanatics, and care only about proving their own beliefs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk