Author Topic: Janice from The Netherlands  (Read 2530 times)

Offline FlyingDutchwoman

• Forager
    • View Profile
Janice from The Netherlands
« on: September 25, 2012, 11:14:26 pm »
Hello everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself:

I am Janice, a girl on the verge of becoming a woman. I live in Amsterdam (The Netherlands) with my mum who is a single parent. I just turned 18.

I am an utter dunce when it comes to the Raw Paleo Diet as I've been eating the conventional crap for years. My lifestyle so far has resulted in hypothyroidism. Having lost faith in the teachings of The Netherlands Nutrition Centre Foundation (of course state-funded), I intend to follow a diet more akin to our primitive ancestors' and see how that goes...

After reading numerous  threads on this forum I am eager to give the Raw Paleo Diet a try. You guys are such an inspiration to me!

P.S. English is not my native tongue. I don't have a thorough mastery of it...YET l) So please excuse me if this post has any errors.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:25:55 pm by FlyingDutchwoman »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Janice from The Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 11:26:58 pm »
You made one very, very minor oversight, since corrected.

Read the 1st posts of each of these threads for more info on the rawpalaeodiet:-

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

I would suggest other options as well such as obtaining raw thyroid from  grassfed or wild animals and eating tiny amounts of it(it's very concentrated). "High-meat" is another option(you'll find a link re "high-meat" in one of the threads in the above section).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 01:05:15 am »
Welcome !
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

CitrusHigh

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 01:56:13 am »
Hi Janice!

Welcome! You should find the answers you are looking for here so long as you experiment, pay attention to your body's messages and are getting clean raw, properly raised food.

Your English is remarkable! I'd say you have excellent command of it, better than a lot of native speakers!

I want to visit Amsterdam so much. My perfect day in that city would start out with an espresso with some grassfed, raw guernsey cream, along with a Glass of grassfed raw guernsey cream and some fresh ripe berries. As well as a bowl of edelweiss (coincidentally from the breeder FlyingDutchMEN! lol!) and maybe some afghani crumbled on top in addition to some hash truffles ohlala! Then getting on a bicycle and riding through town the rest of the day, going on adventures and exploring the place! Some day!

Anyhow, you'll find lots of good advice here, but the bottom line is that you are your own best doctor and the one who cares about your health the most, so learn to recognize signals from your body in response to different raw foods, and we will do our best to support you!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 07:12:55 am »
Hopefully you can get some good-quality raw fatty fish there, since you live near the ocean. Raw fatty ocean fish is VERY good for thyroid health.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk