Author Topic: Aura  (Read 14987 times)

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Aura
« on: September 30, 2012, 09:54:30 pm »
Hi everybody,
hope this message finds you all happy and well!

My path to health started 4 years ago, when I instinctually transitioned to an all raw diet.

At that time, I knew nothing about raw diets (vegetarian, vegan, fruitarian,  paleo and what's in between) but ended up to stay fruitarian/raw vegan for most of the time (3 1/2 yrs).

Together with the diet (that is, the fruitarian one), I also wanted to go live in the wild, so I went to some rural places first in Africa and then South America, to find a suitable place where to set up my "luscious" fruit orchard but the result was, that I almost starved to death. I mean, literally.

Since then, I made some changes to my diet, mainly according to what was available in those remote areas and the people's idea of what "good food for recovery" was, because I had to totally rely  on them..

I have been offered many times meat, occasionally wild game meat (from strange creatures, though) and fish but I just could not touch such fried/cooked "concoctions" and I was scared to eat them raw, not only because of my "natural hygienist" mentality but also because of my western city- dwelling background..

But my body was craving for fat! And lots of it!
So, I allowed myself to eat - along with few avocadoes raw peanuts and brazilian nuts - some raw chicken and duck egg yolks, but these last two rarely since the dogs were eating most of them.

These extreme trips and my poor health state have dramatically changed my point of view towards "what a natural diet and life is".

Right now I am on the verge of a complete switch from a high carb (raw) vegan diet to a high fat (raw) paleo (with some dairy in the beginning).
I am planning to keep my well established monomeal eating and expand my intermittent fasting times (right now I eat large meals twice a day (within 6 hours time) but idealistically would like to try having 1 frugal meal a day at least once a week and a complete water fast day every other week).

This change will impact (actually, is impacting) my whole being, from the coarsest level to the subtlest one.

I still plan to go and live in nature even though I am willing to compromise for the first times, until I fully recover and become fit enough and learn survival tecniques/skills.

From my own experience I can say that no matter what diet one has, if the food is not organic and natural/wild, it won't properly nourish not just the body, but the mind as well as the soul of the eater.

I am looking forward to make good friends in this forum and share and learn from each one of its members.

Thank You very much for the opportunity to be part of this community!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 10:18:40 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Aura
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 10:19:53 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

Aura is an unusual name. I've only ever heard of one person called "Aura", the princess Aura from the Flash Gordon series.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 07:53:51 pm »
Welcome Aura!

Glad to hear you're yet experimenting with your eating. I'd love to hear more about your time in Africa and living off the land!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 09:43:47 pm »
Sounds good.  Travelling around the world.  You must supply us with pics!  Food for our eyes  ;D
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 03:18:34 am »
but the result was, that I almost starved to death. I mean, literally.
But my body was craving for fat! And lots of it!
These extreme trips and my poor health state have dramatically changed my point of view towards "what a natural diet and life is".

I am planning to keep my well established monomeal eating and expand my intermittent fasting times (right now I eat large meals twice a day (within 6 hours time) but idealistically would like to try having 1 frugal meal a day at least once a week and a complete water fast day every other week).

Right now I am on the verge of a complete switch from a high carb (raw) vegan diet to a high fat (raw) paleo (with some dairy in the beginning).
I still plan to go and live in nature even though I am willing to compromise for the first times, until I fully recover and become fit enough and learn survival tecniques/skills.

aura, i think you are on the right path but i am questioning your motivation towards such extremes in diets. the first few statements are confounding to me and also seem contradictory. id just like to point them out so that you have a chance to look at what you are saying.  intermittent fasting, especially after a time of true starvation does not sound like such a good idea. the first step in survivalist is not to starve yourself, situationally or willingly.  if you would like to become fit enough to survive in the wild you need to make sure you are free of deficiencies, nutritionally and calorically and also be sure where your intentions towards such a life and such an extremely regulated diet are coming from.  surely no other animal would refuse a meal in the wild because its on a fast.

but i am glad to here you are eating fat, but it seems you are switching from one extreme to another.  its also amazing that you feel and seek such a connection with nature, i share that with you and also hope you share more about that and your time in africa.

bu

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 11:18:42 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

Aura is an unusual name. I've only ever heard of one person called "Aura", the princess Aura from the Flash Gordon series.

Ahah, yeah what a legendary character!  8)

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 11:24:22 pm »
Welcome Aura!

Glad to hear you're yet experimenting with your eating. I'd love to hear more about your time in Africa and living off the land!

Hi Thoth, please, feel free to ask me any question!
The experience touched me soo deeply  I do not know where to start to but I d love to share!  ;)

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 12:30:18 am »
aura, i think you are on the right path but i am questioning your motivation towards such extremes in diets. the first few statements are confounding to me and also seem contradictory. id just like to point them out so that you have a chance to look at what you are saying.
.. and I thank you very much for that!  ;)

intermittent fasting, especially after a time of true starvation does not sound like such a good idea. the first step in survivalist is not to starve yourself, situationally or willingly.

I agree. I am not an expert but I have been exercising, yoga, eating lots of carbs, greens and gaining weight since last september and feeling pretty good that I thought I might just enter this phase. Do you think could be still premature? Before that, I I had 1 year starvation in Africa where I could barely walk, down to 40 kg (I am 5"5" tall), endless streptococca infections, malaria like symptoms (got tested but negative), amenorreah/ovarian cyst (still dealing with this now), fragile hair/skin, sleeping on the ground in an open shack (just the roof made of interwoven "marara" leaves, eating just fruits (less than 1000 kcal a day I think), not drinking any water and even before that, I was a raw vegan for 2 years eating commercial unripe fruits so it is hard to say where this all process has really started heh

if you would like to become fit enough to survive in the wild you need to make sure you are free of deficiencies, nutritionally and calorically

Yeah, that's true. So far, I only think I am getting enough calories but not sure about other aspects.
You know, I did not go to doctors after starvation because I am not a big fan.. and also did not want to hear I needed to eat cooked food..  -\ l)
Are you recommending detailed blood/urine works?

and also be sure where your intentions towards such a life and such an extremely regulated diet are coming from.  surely no other animal would refuse a meal in the wild because its on a fast.

You mean some kind of psycho-emotional stuff that is nothing but idealistic? I mean, in my mind, I just want to be_come a "natural" human being, like those living in tribes, the ones still living far from civilization.
I feel that is the role I was designed for.

but i am glad to here you are eating fat, but it seems you are switching from one extreme to another.  its also amazing that you feel and seek such a connection with nature, i share that with you and also hope you share more about that and your time in africa.
I am gradually switching, increasing fat intake weekly.
Sure I will, also, feel free to ask :)

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 12:58:05 am »
Sounds good.  Travelling around the world.  You must supply us with pics!  Food for our eyes  ;D
Yeah, I love travelling! But now it is time to settle (for a while). Hope it won't last "too" long! ;D
I d love to move to the tropics again, soon.  8)
Are you from the Philippines, right?
I heard near Devao there are the best jungle durian ever!  :P

I ve got some pics taken with a mobile phone but they are very sad, not sure to post them.. -\
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 03:29:48 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 02:27:52 am »
Welcome Aura!

Hi Thoth, Jessica
my experience in Africa has been a burning one.  Not necessarily in a  negative way as fire is a mystic tool; but surely was a deep and life changing one.

In Kabbalah (the science of conscious receiving) the continent is associated with the red color (blood), the planet Mars (fire), the left pillar (feminine aspect, the mother), the severity and might (that is fear in its own negative side and power, in its positive).
Well, this summarize what I have experienced while there..

I'd say, if one of you guys wants to "spiritually" and fisically cleanse, then Africa is a must-go.

Its land and its people are sharp, soil burns, life cycles are raw, bright and warm (passionate) as the sun rays, sweet and insidious like the moon and its shadows..
As a new day rises in the savannah, if you are an attentive listener, you can hear Africa's heart beating all around you: you can "touch"  the oxygen triggering chemical reactions and burning inside animals and plants to keep the Flame of Life alive in the bodily temple of their soul :  you can smell the fresh blood of prey animals nourishing the ground beneath, while the noises of a pride of lions devouring  fleshes are like a religious mantra recited on the altar of Nature.

I went to Africa as a fruitarian. I was weak, spiritually and fisically. I went there, in the land of narrowness narrowed by my own beliefs.( the right place to start, now I would say.) ;D
Because of them I did not fully enjoy nature, local tribes and culture, real wild foods. I starved myself, my body, my mind, unconsciously trying to starve my ego. But at that time, the fear, the pain and the suffering were so overwhelming I just could not see all that.
A spoilty, white, in my late twenties, supermarket and tecnocomfort addicted with NO survival skills at all in the middle of the eastern Africa savannah trying to live on fruits alone..

"Thanks" to the British settlers, some farmers (the converted evangelical ones) were given grafted mango seedlings and GM papayas. Because of the severe drought that was and is affecting those areas in the recent and present times, papayas plants did not yield much due to the short roots while well established mango trees were more abundant in fruits. I had a mango monodiet for a while until papayas became available again. Sometimes, I have been offered local sugar bananas and salty coconut water.

There was plenty of coconut palms over there but as a fruitarian sweet_and juicy_fruits only, I did not allow myself to "sin" eating a seed and eating the fat (oh my goodness"!)  l)

I rarely ate avocados since I regarded them food for carnivorous beasts.  :o

I wanted to live with a tribe but I chose to stay with an evangelical family because they were mostly vegetarian while the tribal people were into meat_eating a lot and I could not stand them killing and cooking meat all day..
Despite having been converted into christianity and "civilized" (westernized) several generations ago, the evangelical family  still preserved its tribal heritage and (some) traditions, beliefs and tales which I really enjoyed.

I was not aware then my ego was slowly dying away together with my fisical body. This "death" was necessary to get rid of the selfish consumerist consciousness of mine.

I thought I was advancing on my spiritual path because have found a violence_free diet.
I think I can say I criticized people habits/thoughts/diets the most when I was a fruitarian.
I never been so egocentric as on a fruit diet. I spent most of my day trying to source ripe fruits, unable to share it with anybody for the fear of not having enough for my daily  monomeals.

Africa slapped my face as a mother would do to her restlesses child and the sound of it - like a sudden thunder in a dark sky - scared me to death, flashing in front of me the weakness and faults of my unsustainable way of life and dangerous beliefs.

I spent many, long nights awake, in prayer, when I really believed I was going to die in an open shack, maybe killed by some wild buffalos roaming in the fields nearby or eaten by some ants or simply by that "mysterious" sickness that was afflicting my body since months, unable to walk or even stand up.

I also tried to dry and water fast, thinking I might give my body a chance to heal but could not go more than 1 or 2 days..

But, despite all of this, I found much love. Not in my 40kgs body, almost left to the bone, but into others, under the fat and into the hearts of "meat eaters" who cook foods, kill,  and devour corpses..
I realized I was the one who couldnt and did not know how to give love to others. I was constantly surrounded by nature, freedom, love and abundance of good natural food, I just could not see it because blinded by my own beliefs. I discarded the locals experience and traditions because I believed human beings were originally fruitarian that degenerated into meat eaters after being exiled from the Garden of Eden. Despite my personal dislike for priests who preach and teach false religions based on erroneous understanding to remote tribal people, me, the fruitarian, when not very sick, used to preach strong and well fit africans how and why to eat a fruit diet, kind of converting them into the Fruit Gospel of Truth.
All this, highly disrespecting their willing to help, their knowledge, culture, intelligence and feelings.

I hated myself for having chosen to go to Africa to starve myself in such a miserable way.
My recovery phase was filled with hatred and fear not to be able to run or walk normally again.
But still, I could not see the whole picture.. I blamed Africa and its "3rd world fruits", not me and my unsustainable life, habits and dogmas.

Humbleness; this is what I lacked to assimilate the most while there, but unfortunately for a fruit gluttonous like me, it cannot be found in food and especially in man manipulated fruits seeds sold in supermarkets..

Africa is not a poor country; on the contrary, it is a very rich one that's why its treasures are well hidden and are found only by those regal souls (keter) who have the knowledge(chochmah) and  wisdom (daath) where to look for. Only after that, they'll be able to get a full understanding  (binah) by conquering its very true nature.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 02:35:45 am by Aura »

CitrusHigh

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 02:54:32 am »
Oh my god Aura, you write beautifully!

I study Kabbalah as well, thank you so much for sharing! I've studied the Bushman of the Kalahari as I study tracking and the mysticism and spirit in Africa has always fascinated me.  I fully believe what you mean about the spiritual aspect of Africa, even having never been there, I can just feel it in the writings about it. We will have to discuss more!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 06:19:25 am »
Amazing writing.  Thank you!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 06:38:07 am »
I'm so glad that the teachings of Max Stirner show me how religious beliefs are a load of twaddle.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 08:01:49 am »
Duriancrapper would say 'not enough calories from sweet fruits, not enough sleep, not enough water'.   What a dork...

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 09:15:36 am »
That was a powerful post, Aura. I feel like you were writing about my own life, particularly my fruitarian years.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 09:16:45 am »
Duriancrapper would say 'not enough calories from sweet fruits, not enough sleep, not enough water'.   What a dork...

He will learn, or he will pay with his health.  Nature can be cruel if you ignore her laws. 

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 02:28:26 pm »
Oh my god Aura, you write beautifully!

I study Kabbalah as well, thank you so much for sharing! I've studied the Bushman of the Kalahari as I study tracking and the mysticism and spirit in Africa has always fascinated me.  I fully believe what you mean about the spiritual aspect of Africa, even having never been there, I can just feel it in the writings about it. We will have to discuss more!
Oh thank you Thoth!
Yeah, I'd love to! :)

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 02:37:36 pm »
Amazing writing.  Thank you!
Thank GS!
I am watching your videos on youtube, they are very useful.  ;)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 04:40:13 pm »
Welcome, Aura ! Intelligent as you are, are how on Earth could you ever believe this fruitarian bullshit?  -\

aura, i think you are on the right path but i am questioning your motivation towards such extremes in diets. the first few statements are confounding to me and also seem contradictory. id just like to point them out so that you have a chance to look at what you are saying.  intermittent fasting, especially after a time of true starvation does not sound like such a good idea. the first step in survivalist is not to starve yourself, situationally or willingly.  if you would like to become fit enough to survive in the wild you need to make sure you are free of deficiencies, nutritionally and calorically and also be sure where your intentions towards such a life and such an extremely regulated diet are coming from.  surely no other animal would refuse a meal in the wild because its on a fast.

Yes, very good points, I concur: don’t fall from an extreme to the other. And for God’s   sake, stay away from dairy!

François
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:17:03 pm by TylerDurden »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 06:55:48 pm »
I'm so glad that the teachings of Max Stirner show me how religious beliefs are a load of twaddle.

I d say, true values (knowledge) have been almost totally forgotten.
I think Stirner talks about it in his "The False Principle of our Education".

It seems living creatures cannot live without it but the more we go ahead, the more we forget..

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 11:31:08 pm »

I cannot say that is totally wrong..
But anyway, diet is not the main point for me, not anymore.

I came to this website (and to raw paleo diet ) not to do the same mistake I did with fruitarianism, replacing fruits for meat, making up new dogmas etc  but to practice a realistic/sustainable diet to support me OUTSIDE (and ofcourse inside as well) society, that is in Nature.
There are other things I need to learn though; hunting, survival skills etc

I thought fruitarianism was THE most natural diet of all, the final diet who could prepare me to leave civilization  but I realized it is just a product of a human (vegan) mind, which does not make any sense, which is alien to the documented story of this planet..!  -X

Paradoxically a fruitarian diet is more doable (and therefore works better) in cities than in nature, together with a loaded credit card, a market (which implies means of transportation/social structure behind), the hard labour of a man who planted a fruit orchard.
That could be perfect for some people who want to keep this lifestyle and rely on the system.
But once you go in a remote place, you are lost.. You can't get all those amounts of fruits.. You'll have to eat meat..

It is funny (and sad..) fruitarians (and me, until a while ago..) make the fruits their pride and feel themselves right because they are eating according to Nature, it is non violent diet, it is sustainable, fruit trees save the planet etc but yet they are all using money to buy crappy gm_grafted unripe fruits and how many of them are seriously considering to go back to nature? Very, very few of them. Guess why? Because they just cannot, there is no commercial fruit in the wild! They will starve, like me.
I only know of  a bunch of russian guys (I admire their will power..) who are trying to set up a community but they are planting the land with hybridized, manipulated seeds (the same fruit they are currently eating..) because they totally ignore the importancy of the concept of what real food is, because I have never heard anybody in the fruit panorama addressing such issues.. I heard it for the first time from Daniel Vitalis, a paleo eater.. 8)
I mean, we cannot really expect DR (or any other fruitarian raw_vegan) to talk about certain topics on Youtube because they all will have to stop eating fruits and veggies, straight away.!

It seems the online fruitarian community is all about trying to buy health to be able to eat more fruits afterward  while maintaining a flat abdomen and sublimate the typical western trauma of feeling guilty after a big sweet meal  ;D

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 11:42:22 pm by Aura »

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 11:52:28 pm »
He will learn, or he will pay with his health.  Nature can be cruel if you ignore her laws.
I am afraid we all have bigger problems to solve than this one..
But as a fruitarian/raw vegan/vegan/ vegetarian not willing to compromise health and ethics,  it is going to be much harder to survive without a money_based society that allows the individual to persevere such choices.

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 12:02:16 am »
Welcome, Aura ! Intelligent as you are, are how on Earth could you ever believe this fruitarian bullshit?  -\
Nice to meet you François!
hah s^^t happens  ;D
How long have you been a paleo eater?

Yes, very good points, I concur: don’t fall from an extreme to the other. And for God’s   sake, stay away from dairy!

Thank you!
I see the points of not eating dairy but it is more of a psychological thing for me, you know..
I can eat raw fish almost with no blockages but meat from land animals it is like a taboo  -[..
Need to get rid of it..  >D

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 01:40:23 am »
Wow, another fruitarian horror story! Thanks for sharing, Aura.

When I read your words I'm glad that I abandoned my fruitarian lifestyle "dream" in Asia relatively quickly (10 years ago). However, in the first months I was very successful in ignoring all warning signs, like teeth problems, receding gums, joint destruction, thinning hair, insomnia, emaciation etc. etc.

It's sad that it doesn't work, isn't it? I mean living from sweet fruits in a warm tropical garden with sunshine and "spiritual" happiness is somehow a more beautiful thought than brutally slaughtering nice elephants with speers and stones plus eating bloody bone marrow, for example.

The fruitarian dream, a temptation of the devil. And it's even more devious that many young people can look AND feel so fantastic in the first weeks of fruitarianism that most of them become completely unable to reconsider their dogmas. The first arising problems are just "detoxes".

In my case all the fruit sugar completely destroyed my ability to digest fats, especially long-chain animal fats. I needed many months to understand this and rebuild my gi tract.

Best wishes

Löwenherz

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 02:21:21 am »
Nice to meet you François!
hah s^^t happens  ;D
How long have you been a paleo eater?

100% raw paleo (instincto) since January 1987, so that’ll be soon 26 years! Never ate anything cooked nor any dairy ever since except once a cubic cm of raw goat cheese. :D

Thank you!
I see the points of not eating dairy but it is more of a psychological thing for me, you know..
I can eat raw fish almost with no blockages but meat from land animals it is like a taboo  -[..
Need to get rid of it..  >D

Yes, I understand that because I didn’t want to eat meat anymore since I knew it was the flesh of animals. It must have been when I was 5 or 6 years old and that lasted until I was18.

It’s fine if you can eat wild fish. You should try various shellfish too, and eggs if you find a good, reliable source. Fresh meat is generally not appetizing: you’d better hang it in a fridge (if possible a dedicated one to avoid dampness) for some weeks until it gets somewhat dry, at least in surface. Then it will become a delight. ;)  :)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk