Author Topic: no more haggis?  (Read 3660 times)

Offline cfrench

• Forager
    • View Profile
no more haggis?
« on: October 03, 2012, 09:25:47 pm »
im chris im from edinburgh and since im going paleo, does that mean no more haggis for this hungry scotsman?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: no more haggis?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 11:05:02 pm »
I'm sure people cheat more often in the beginning of the transition period.  Then less and less as they progress.  You will know you are "there" when there is no compulsion to cheat.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline intrigued

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: no more haggis?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 11:05:49 pm »
Wikipedia defines haggis as -

"Haggis is a savoury pudding containing sheep's pluck (heart, liver and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally encased in the animal's stomach and simmered for approximately three hours. Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a sausage casing rather than an actual stomach."

The biggest problem I see is the oatmeal.  That's a definite no-go.  The other big problem is that you're on a raw paleo forum, so unless you can manage to get raw haggis somewhere, then you're talking about more of a cooked paleo diet.  Of course, not everyone here is 100% raw paleo all the time, so it's up to you to figure out what's best for you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk