Author Topic: What is the raw paleo of credit cards ?  (Read 7583 times)

CitrusHigh

What is the raw paleo of credit cards ?
« on: October 08, 2012, 04:21:47 am »
I am credit/banking illiterate because I don't spend money I don't have and never have. However, I'm seeking fortune out west doing something I enjoy and which is sustainable and which contributes to the greater human good IMO and I'd like to have a little emergency safety net in case something goes awry. 

So what is it I'm looking for in regards to a credit card? So far all I've got is to switch from the bank I've always been with (which has treated me pretty well even though it's an evil fractional reserve bank and now that I'm awake I want to get the hell out of there), and get with a credit union. But what do I look for in a credit union credit card? It needs to be 0% APR for at least 12 months, no annual fee because I can't be paying to exist, that's just stupid, and I don't want to be involved with shady folk, I want the raw paleo of credit cards. Any advice? Again, I'm totally illiterate in re to this stuff because I only ever spend money I have. This is just an emergency card, it will not get used otherwise.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What is the raw paleo of credit cards ?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 10:27:45 am »
I bank with a credit union and I am happy with them, after years with a big bank that went bankrupt. I use a debit card instead of writing checks, but I do not "believe" in credit cards. IF you could find one at your terms, great! AFAIK, the "zero percent interest" ones are issued for transferred accounts, where you transfer your balance from another credit card  - so the new card issuer has you by the balls for the rest of your life and rewards you by not having you pay for it for a year.

But if your new credit card is only for emergencies, why worry about the interest rate... I mean, you're not planning on using it, right? If you have no emergencies, you won't use the card, so there will be no interest to pay.

So while I'm reexamining your reasoning, what are these possible "emergencies" - hospitalization and automobile repairs/rentals? For the former, you really need health insurance, and for the latter, you can save enough money to cover what you might need. Other emergencies, such as no food or shelter, are best handled by having friends who can feed you or put you up in a pinch.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

CitrusHigh

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 12:59:33 pm »
lol, wow life is so simple for you eve, why didn't I think of that?

I'm not sure I can save money for anything anymore, I'm falling further and further from our civilized world and I feel detached mentally from our culture. I feel like someday soon I may just let go completely and drift off in to who knows where - in a good way - I don't belong in this world of human structure at all, it's so queer to me.

But since I'm still playing the game for a little while, and if I can keep my car going until I'm financially stable in a couple months, then I'll keep playing while I'm here. If worse comes to worse, I'll just take my pack, my shotgun and my dog, leave the car where it dies and wander off in to whatever wilderness playground that happens to be nearest. Preferably not the desert, but I'm open!

Offline gotologins

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 06:51:00 pm »
The Citi Prepaid Card or the NA Citi Prepaid Login is a record login arrangement of the prepaid record holders of the Citi Bank. Shockingly, the Citi Group has offered its    citiprepaid   prepaid card business to Wirecard. Be that as it may, you can discover every one of the administrations going on easily at their site. Existing cardholders can get to their record at the site of Wirecard.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk