Author Topic: Who eats raw pork?  (Read 8427 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Who eats raw pork?
« on: October 30, 2012, 10:09:49 pm »
Alright guys, here's the question. Who eats raw pork?

What are your standards for high quality pork, for those of you that eat it.

I red a disturbing article about pig parasite eggs causing problems in the brain.

http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jun/03-hidden-epidemic-tapeworms-in-the-brain

Anyone care to chime in?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Who eats raw pork?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 10:15:40 pm »
In answer to the question We do eat pork.

It comes from animals that are from farms we trust.
Cheers
Al

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 10:21:58 pm »
    I didn't eat raw pork as one of my first meats. Then I had a headache that lasted for days.  Then while shopping, nothing in Whole Foods looked appealing to me to eat, except- the pork at the meat counter. So I bought it, ate it, and my headache completely disappeared. I like listening to my body and senses better than an article.  It leaves me headache free!
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 10:29:48 pm »
Raw wild boar is a staple of mine, currently. Raw pork is not as pigs are mostly grainfed. Parasites in pigs are only an issue in developing nations like Vietnam. In the industrialised West, trichinosis etc. is almost unheard of.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:35:05 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 11:04:12 pm »
Usually pigs are not only fed grain, but also hot dried grain, cooked leftovers, industrial feed for livestock and all kinds of garbage. Pork is probably the worst commercial meat you can find.

Like Raw-al I eat sometimes pork raised by a raw paleo friend, but more often wild boar like Tyler.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 11:10:06 pm »
I am not aware of sources of wild meat here in my area. I have not looked so maybe that is a project for me.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 11:29:43 pm »
I am not aware of sources of wild meat here in my area. I have not looked so maybe that is a project for me.
It's well worth it.Raw blood from wild game is the best re taste, and wild game in general tastes way better than standard grassfed meats.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 07:59:55 am »
I avoid raw pork.  Precisely because of those brain parasites.

My plumber I taught how to get well from liver cancer eats raw pork.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 08:52:13 am »
Alright guys, here's the question. Who eats raw pork?

I would if I could find a quality grass fed source in my area. The problem with most pork is that it is grain fed. Personally, I avoid it due to the abundance of quality grass fed beef and lamb choices available. Why eat something unless you know it is 100% wild or pasture raised?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 09:09:30 am »
I would if I could find a quality grass fed source in my area. The problem with most pork is that it is grain fed. Personally, I avoid it due to the abundance of quality grass fed beef and lamb choices available. Why eat something unless you know it is 100% wild or pasture raised?

I got some level 5 rated pork at whole foods. Although it had a high rating, I'm sure it had a nasty diet.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 10:47:50 am »
I got some level 5 rated pork at whole foods. Although it had a high rating, I'm sure it had a nasty diet.
Level 5? What does that mean? In the UK, they have been trying for years to install a new 5-level organic rating , whereby 1 is unprocessed(ie raw?) wild game, 2 is the best grassfed, organic meat, and 5 is sort of intensively-farmed organic(and 100% grainfed etc.). But I suppose wholefoods rating is quite different.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 11:02:58 am »
Level 5? What does that mean? In the UK, they have been trying for years to install a new 5-level organic rating , whereby 1 is unprocessed(ie raw?) wild game, 2 is the best grassfed, organic meat, and 5 is sort of intensively-farmed organic(and 100% grainfed etc.). But I suppose wholefoods rating is quite different.

5 means pasture centered, born and raised on the same farm. Basically everything you'd want from a farm, except itt doesn't include how the animals fed.

So while these pigs living conditions were greatt, their diet was likely corn and other junk.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 01:21:18 pm »
So while these pigs living conditions were greatt, their diet was likely corn and other junk.

What do Pigs Eat?
Pigs are omnivores, which means that they eat plants and animals. Pigs eat almost any kind of food, including dead insects, worms, trees, bark, garbage and even dead pigs. In the wild, they forage for their food. They mainly eat leaves, grass, roots, fruits and flowers. So now you know what pigs eat!http://wanttoknowit.com/what-do-pigs-eat/
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 12:23:13 am »
    They eat earth too, EveHeart. I have seen this.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk