Author Topic: "The way i see things is so simple" -Gojira  (Read 9960 times)

Offline TheWayCreatesTheWarrior

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • WhereHaveTheBuffaloGone
"The way i see things is so simple" -Gojira
« on: November 29, 2008, 02:05:16 am »

i find it interesting how many people dont come to the most simple concepts/conclusions on their own(not literally "on their own", i mean more through researching it).

like, last night during Thanksgiving a few times i needed to clarify my diet to people(wow, what a suprise! l)) i dont really venture into "Raw Paleo" unless the conversation goes that deep, but while telling people how i believe a Paleo-type diet is the most natural diet ill usually tell them that carbohydrates are the only macronutrient that you dont need at all. most people are actually blown away by this, and the fact that they never realized that.

i guess i dont really know where im going with this post but it just suprises me how something so known to me is so outside the normal conciousness.
There can be no mercy in the heart, of the heart, of the Wolf.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: "The way i see things is so simple" -Gojira
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 02:13:13 am »
I get discouraged when I'm explaining something to someone who seems very sympathetic and "gets it" and then they either forget about it or decide it's not worth thinking about anymore after the conversation is over. Like how everyone I talk to rails on and on about prescription drugs and how they aren't necessary and everyone is on so many of them, and then when the conversation is over they move on to talking about all their prescription drugs they are on. It's almost a bizarro world situation to watch people speak like that.

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 02:53:44 am »

ya i hear ya,

i was just recently having that exact conversation with a girl about how unnecessary/bad perscription drugs are, we were in total agreement. during the conversation she told me that the only drug she was on was birth control!
and she stated it so matter-of-factly, like "this drug is alright".
i just left it alone, figuring she may be offended.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 03:35:03 am »
Almost the exact same thing happened to me recently as well.

I was talking to a girl I work with about prescription drugs, and she was all agreeing with me like "yeah people shouldn't be medicated like that"
and then the next day she was talking about going to get a prescription refilled.  l)
She asks me for nutrition advice a lot, but never follows any of it.

Granted, she's better than another girl I work with who has argued with me that dairy is essential, and other such foolishnesses.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 07:59:05 am »
I think sometimes we have to step back and see it from the cooked meat eater's point of view.

As long as the meat is RAW, our bodies can do with it as it pleases.

But when the meat is COOKED, human bodies need lots of fat and or carbs as a larger proportion than the cooked meat which tends to putrefy in their guts.

I just discovered an old pocket book circa 1965 and it is so amazing this MD already has summarized what we are talking about here in raw paleo and holistic health: "Food is your best medicine" by Henry G. Bieler MD
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 08:04:01 am »
I think sometimes we have to step back and see it from the cooked meat eater's point of view.

As long as the meat is RAW, our bodies can do with it as it pleases.

But when the meat is COOKED, human bodies need lots of fat and or carbs as a larger proportion than the cooked meat which tends to putrefy in their guts.

I just discovered an old pocket book circa 1965 and it is so amazing this MD already has summarized what we are talking about here in raw paleo and holistic health: "Food is your best medicine" by Henry G. Bieler MD

Pshh, check out Hippocrates: "Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food."

"And we have made of ourselves living cesspools, and driven doctors to invent names for our diseases." Plato

"At the end of times the merchants of the word will deceive the nations of the world through their Pharmacia." Rev 18:23

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 10:45:08 am »
i guess i dont really know where im going with this post but it just surprises me how something so known to me is so outside the normal conciousness.

For some of us who are intrigued by Human Nutrition and have been Googling info for years, it makes sense that we know of Stefansson, Beyond Veg, the Inuit, Raw paleo and the Bear. But I don't think it surprising at all that others don't because Zero Carb is like, the minority of the diet world. I mean you've got SAD, then Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian, Pesca-Vegetarian, Pesca Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian, Flexitarian, Vegan, Really Vegan, Raw Vegan, Paleo, Raw Paleo, Fruitarian, Vampires, Werewolves and Zero Carb. Oh, and Breatharianism  ???  -d What?  :D

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 03:59:42 am »
Flexitarian, Vegan, Really Vegan.........

:)

what the heck is a Flexitarian!!?

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 06:50:09 am »
They also have a name for a person who eats no meat but fish (meat is fish...). Some consider it vegetarian.

I call it omnivore.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 07:11:28 am »
Flexitarian... as if I had to post this  ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flexitarianism

As far as fish is meat consider this- Fish are probably as alien as you are gonna get on this planet. They live in a different world than our own. They live in water. We don't. Land animals vs water Fishies. Their meat is of a different kind. Not 'land' meat.

Just something to think about.

:D

P.S. That fact alone could make one wonder about the theory of Brain enlargement. Eating fish-products/Oysters/shell fish etc... eating something so different from our own environment... yes it's still the same planet, but we don't live on water (you know what I mean). Fish don't leave water to eat Cows? Not yet anyway  :o
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 07:15:47 am by avalon »

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 07:25:44 am »
Don't some fish jump out of the water to eat bugs? Some even crawl up on land.
Then of course there are the carnivores of the sea.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 03:38:58 am »
Sharks and alligators/crocodiles/gavielles/cayman eat land animals and live in the water.

And if you believe modern evolutionary theory than all life came from the water, and fish and human are pretty related in terms of skeletal set up (limbs, pectoral and pelvic girdles).

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 05:58:28 am »
I really don't think you can compare Sharks with Alligators. Alligators crawl on land, live on land and in water. Sharks don't have that ability. As far as Sharks eating land animals- that may be as simple as mistaken identity. Surely a fish, would not knowingly strike a rubber flashing metal lure. It thinks it some type of fish/food. If we are or, another animal is in the water- we/it is in their world and why not expect it/we to be of water origin or, edible since we know, I think, Sharks don't have that ability to think as we do. I don't mean food isn't food, but of course we may learn that if Sharks ate too many Humans they might develop bigger BRAINS!  :D They don't have what we had, access to seaweed, oysters and coast line fish. I just read an article about Neanderthals eating Dolphins... hold on... I'll search for it...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/09/080922-neanderthals-caves.html

Neanderthals living in a pair of caves on the Mediterranean Sea regularly feasted on mussels, fish, and other types of marine life, according to a new study.

We being 'superior' on the food chain mentally, could not be as easily eaten by fish.

If we did indeed start out in the Garden of Eden, for the sake or argument, and we left the Garden and found ourselves eating foreign foods such as coastal seafood and such- or even cooking! The novelty and addictive nature of new things just may have been enough of a shock to kick-start a change in our development... no?

Maybe all life came from water, but how many animals made boats to go fishing? Yes, some birds eat fish. But let's say for a moment we were meant for the Garden. We left the Garden and ate other things. What if those things changed us?

There is that big divide of, well, did we evolve? Did we just appear? Were aliens involved? God? Where is the gap filled between Neanderthals and Modern Humans? We don't know so very much!

Just because we can eat a Cow, does it mean we should? A Lamb? Why not Dogs (in America for example). How do all our choices effect hundreds of years of living. I don't even want to mention evolution because what if we are all evolving on different paths? Veggies, Meat eaters, Omnis DOHHH!!!

The only truth as I see it is that the records show- all records known, show- that we are to various degrees- Omnivores. Obviously some today are attempting to return to the Garden. Is that a leftover desire from some built-in need? What will happen if we do return for long enough? What will happen to those who continue eating meat?

Talk about a Soap Opera!

Best wishes,
Avalon  ???

P.S. Hmmm... well, if it isn't so much eating land or sea, maybe it did come down to cooking! The sudden burst of- wow! Check this out! What can we try and cook next! Can you imagine what an explosion that must have been!  :o

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 06:56:09 am »
The trouble is that thereally big improvements in human brain-growth came about at different times from the advent of cooking. The first spurt in brain-size occurred when homo erectus started eating raw meats(Wrangham claims that that's when cooking was invented but, unfortunately, his claims have been rejected by the anthroplogical community  due to faulty evidence). The next biggest spurt in cultural growth(not brain-size) was c.150,000 years ago, yet evidence indicates, overwhelmingly, that cooking started ages before that, c.250,000 to 300,000 years ago. So, there must be another reason for that improvement(more complicated manufacture of tools?)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 08:38:57 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

xylothrill

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 02:13:56 pm »
Oh Gosh. So, when I go out and have rare, grain-fed steak and butter on my veggies, does that make me a flexipaleoan?  :D

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 02:25:16 pm »
It does now!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk