Author Topic: cant sleep!  (Read 3241 times)

Offline lucylu

• Forager
    • View Profile
cant sleep!
« on: November 16, 2012, 09:40:15 pm »
Hello,
I am new to this forum and think I sent this message to a particular user. Sorry. BIt of a techno ludite!
I was wondering if anyone can offer me some advice? Since stopping eating sugar I have horrendous insomnia. I just cant get more than 5 hours sleep every night. I can tell that underneath I feel really good but I cant seem to get enough sleep whatever I do. I am so tired.
I probably only need 6-7 but just cant seem to get it. I have tried all the supplemtns but nothing slices through the insmonia.
Is this the side effect from eating better? Will it go away? How long should I give it before I throw in the towel.
I have a child and delicate mental health (part of the reason for changing my diet) and I'm not sure how long I can stick out this lack of ability to sleep.
Any advice or personal experience from anyone who has had a similar physucal reaction to avoiding junk wold help.
SOrry if this is poorly written. I'm knackered!
Lu

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: cant sleep!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 01:27:16 am »
Hi Lucylu, I found that eating a variety of raw animal foods - liver, kidney, heart, fat, meat, marrow - provide nutrition to support brain health and escape chronic insomnia. I imagine that eating animal brains would also help, such as a fish head smoothie. The transition to RPD can be difficult while the body releases built up toxins.

Can you provide more information...
How long have you been off sugar?
What are you eating now?
What is it that is stopping you sleeping?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 09:19:57 am »
Try inclined bed therapy.

Change your home lights to warm white color or incandescent.

Turn off wifi and cell phones at bed time.

Do not watch tv after 6pm.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 09:59:23 am »
I will one-up on goodsamaritan and say to sleep segmented and to use red night lighting and rubylith covers for screens... or you can just use candles. Warm white lights and even incandescent lamps will block your melatonin production at night, and so will TV and computer screens.

Also eating raw foods without sugar will decrease the amount of sleep you need, if you used to sleep 8h then you now might only need 6.5-7h, and the more frequently you sleep the less you will need again. You could get in the habit of sleeping 3.5h+3.5h and you will do well.

Also, your dependence on sugar will mean you sleep poorly at first, but your sleep will improve and get better because there will be no insulin to block the growth hormone in your deep sleep, and no insulin to block your melatonin at night.

Offline AlphaCog

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 10:23:13 am »
Taking a magnesium supplement before sleep helps for some people.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 10:40:34 pm »
Vitamin D, whether through supplements, sunlight, or tanning, has been the single best thing I've done for my own sleep quality.

Also, St John's Wort has really helped as well.  I think it's synergistic with vitamin D, though I've not researched the biochemistry.

Avoiding bright lights, emotionally intense things, and television/computers at night is also a good idea.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk