Author Topic: Slackers questions  (Read 3214 times)

Offline TheWayCreatesTheWarrior

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • WhereHaveTheBuffaloGone
Slackers questions
« on: November 29, 2008, 03:16:41 am »

ok, never ordered from Slackers before.

i usually buy meat from Whole Foods and Organs from Northstar. but Slackers looks like the best option for a onestop shop.

i usually get Bison sirlioin from WF.
On Slackers theres a huge jump in price from stuff like Roasts and "Minute Steaks" to highend cuts like Sirlioin , so id rather go that route and get more. im just wondering if theres a big difference in prep, cuz Sirlion is pretty easy to chop up and eat, is the cheaper cuts worth it?

also is there a size difference between Soup Bones and Leg Bones, i assume Leg bones are whole and need to be cut?

also, the only fat i usually consume outside of whats on the meat, is bone marrow, but i was thinking of getting some Fat. whats the differences between "Bison Suet" and "Bison Fat".

and last but not least, whats a "must try" from the Slackers?
There can be no mercy in the heart, of the heart, of the Wolf.

livingthelife

Re: Slackers questions
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 07:21:39 am »
It's Slankers, not Slackers. I'm sure they work very hard. Website is http://www.texasgrassfedbeef.com/

I just ordered from them for the first time, and I'll post my opinion once I've tried the food.

They seem to have a very wide array of foods; many types of animals, including pork that inspired confidence. Many organ meats, fats, bones. I personally embrace variety, so that was important to me and encouraged me to shop with them.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 03:42:14 am »
It's Slankers, not Slackers. I'm sure they work very hard.

;D

Quote from: TheWayCreatesTheWarrior
whats a "must try" from the Slackers?

I really have a thing for their rose-bud cut lamb kidneys.

Also the high-fat ground beef is good (once you get used to it in my case) and a good deal as well.

Offline TheWayCreatesTheWarrior

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • WhereHaveTheBuffaloGone
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 03:54:57 am »
It's Slankers, not Slackers. I'm sure they work very hard. Website is http://www.texasgrassfedbeef.com/

Ha, know wonder why i had such a hard time finding their website!
 :D
There can be no mercy in the heart, of the heart, of the Wolf.

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 07:09:22 am »
I created a screen-scraping bot awhile back that took data from Slanker's site(s) and put it all in one place. Here's a link to the web page that accesses the database built on the scraped data:

Slankers' Meat Prices

It helps me figure out what I want to buy and how much it weighs and costs, because there are limits. I think its like 75.00 USD and 15 lbs.

Anyway, I've got longer-term plans to make a central site for grass fed meat vendors in the states, just haven't got around to it yet. I think i should also add some functionality to do comparisons and maybe even some sort of virtual shopping cart where prices and weights can be kept track of! Feel free to leave some feedback, too.

P.S. The DB needs some tweaking, as I think Mr. Slanker made some changes which resulted in near duplicate entries.
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk