Author Topic: Schizophrenia  (Read 32964 times)

Offline Muladzh

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Schizophrenia
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 05:32:44 pm »
Before emigrating the the US, I lived in the Highlands of Scotland, where I worked at a mental hospital, as resident psychologist, where I met and worked with a doctor who used diet to control many of the disorders patients suffered from.
Relevant here is the treatment, at that time regarded as crazy, but with amazing results, whereby the patient was directed to follow a strict diet without any greens at all, lettuce is not just bad for skin disorders, it is very bad for schizophrenia, along with any and all cruciferous vegetables. If all nightshades were avoided also, the results were stunning - the condition was controlled extremely well, resulting in reduction of medication, and introduction to local group housing. I have been unable to find any documentation of the 'treatment' as the hospital in question is no longer open.  My familiarity with the results, however, convinced me to recommend this 'diet' to patients in the US.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:57:30 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2012, 08:14:28 pm »
I can only eat a handful of beef brain in 1 sitting.  There is a definite stop signal.

maybe it's all the cholesterol? The last time I ate brain it seemed like I can eat the whole thing. maybe I need the nutrients in brain more than the average person
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, 09:50:53 pm »
maybe it's all the cholesterol? The last time I ate brain it seemed like I can eat the whole thing. maybe I need the nutrients in brain more than the average person

That's a nice clue.

Maybe we need other raw brain eaters here to chime in with their experiences.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Busgrw

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2012, 10:46:06 pm »
Very interesting. Maybe there really is something to eating the organ of a healthy animal for your own ill organ.

Think you're definitely on to something here. I'd love to give it a try although I think it#s near on impossible to get brain in the UK!!!

...or does anyone know different?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2012, 10:52:59 pm »
Think you're definitely on to something here. I'd love to give it a try although I think it#s near on impossible to get brain in the UK!!!

...or does anyone know different?
I was able to get hold of raw brain, but only from one of the farmers at the LFM markets in London, and, even then, it was from grainfed pigs, so not ideal.

http://www.lfm.org.uk/

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 09:49:11 am »
More info supporting an SCD/GAPS type raw paleo diet for schizophrenia.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/03/18/mcbride-and-barringer-interview.aspx

This article shows how foods need to be absorbed properly for the brain to function properly.

I don't totally agree with her saying no plant foods, or that raw plant foods can't be absorbed if eaten raw.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 03:46:11 pm »
DaBoss, thank you for telling about your experiences here!
My brother has Schizophrenia too and he is bad off now. He was so much better in the summer when he lived by me and did paleo and stuff. Then he just decided to leave, at that day he turned to a vegetarian (and a junk food one) and now he is in the hospital very bad off. He is so proud it want work as long as people do not see how sick they are and how much they need healing for sure. I strongly believe everyone can heal it just depends on your state of mind, how humble one is.

Brains I can eat a lot of too.. huh! I ate 2 lambs brains this fall (our own lambs) in 2 days but I could have had both in one sitting for sure. Yum! Sadly I need to wait for next fall to get some brains again. They are labeled as "toxic waste" here in Finland.  -[
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 03:58:51 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 05:10:42 pm »
DaBoss, thank you for telling about your experiences here!
My brother has Schizophrenia too and he is bad off now. He was so much better in the summer when he lived by me and did paleo and stuff. Then he just decided to leave, at that day he turned to a vegetarian (and a junk food one) and now he is in the hospital very bad off. He is so proud it want work as long as people do not see how sick they are and how much they need healing for sure. I strongly believe everyone can heal it just depends on your state of mind, how humble one is.

Brains I can eat a lot of too.. huh! I ate 2 lambs brains this fall (our own lambs) in 2 days but I could have had both in one sitting for sure. Yum! Sadly I need to wait for next fall to get some brains again. They are labeled as "toxic waste" here in Finland.  -[

It's my pleasure, hopefully my story can help someone else heal and live a normal life. I too think everyone can heal. But some people, especially schizophrenics, don't realize how sick they are. Most go through their whole life denying they have an illness.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2012, 10:05:06 am »
Something I just thought of that really helps lift my spirits, is thinking about the worst times for me. Ie. being hospitalized, having no future. And then thinking about how things have turned around, no more hospital, no more uncertainty of my future.

It really helps pick me up and reassure me that I'm going down the right path, and to keep trotting along.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2012, 12:38:10 pm »
Something I just thought of that really helps lift my spirits, is thinking about the worst times for me. Ie. being hospitalized, having no future. And then thinking about how things have turned around, no more hospital, no more uncertainty of my future.

It really helps pick me up and reassure me that I'm going down the right path, and to keep trotting along.

i agree with this whole heartedly.  i honestly think that it is the most amazing thing that maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle has kept my mental illness in check.  i dont think anyone, and sometimes i cant even, believe how absolutely insane i have been or acted in my life.  really, there is no way i could convince anyone of some of the things i have said or done out of plain craze and confusion, and so much of that energy and frustration and delusion was brought along or amplified by bad diet, environment and lifestyle choices, purely by not making good choice for myself or being in situations where i was unable to.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2012, 11:57:40 pm »
The (possible) mechanism(s) by which niacin helps schizophrenia

http://www.foodforthebrain.org/content.asp?id_Content=1638
"Just how niacin works is still a bit of a mystery. Knowing that people with schizophrenia had hallucinations, Dr Hoffer’s explanation was that niacin stops the brain from producing adrenochrome from adrenalin, a chemical known to induce hallucinations. Working together with vitamin B12 and folic acid, niacin helps keep adrenalin and noradrenalin levels in balance, and prevent the abnormal production of adrenochrome in the brain. These nutrients are ‘methyl’ donors and acceptors, and act intelligently in the brain to keep everything in check. Once again, some people may simply need more to stay healthy.

Niacin, through its flushing action improves oxygen supply to the brain. Niacin is also needed for the brain to make use of essential fats. The ‘happy’ neurotransmitter serotonin also needs niacin. Serotonin is made from the amino acid tryptophan, but only in the presence of enough niacin. So there are many possible ways this vitamin could affect brain function."

The link also lists many things that benefit schizophrenics, like EFA's, avoiding stimulants, increasing antioxidants, balancing blood sugar, etc. All these things are addressed by a TRUE RPDiet.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2012, 12:05:35 am »
For those interested, here's a list of orthomolecular doctors nation wide (US). They vary in specialties, but they all look for natural treatments.

http://orthomolecular.org/resources/drs.shtml

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 01:07:53 am »
I eat cow brain almost couple of days in a month and feel great and my son eats that every 15 days in a month. My body is super cool after 3 straight years on Raw paleo. I feel so lucky to hav this supply. We should be a butcher , so this is the most reliable way to get brains from animals
bugs or country chickens

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 01:32:43 am »
That's great. My future weekly diet will include various organs weekly.

I'll order 1 lb liver, brain, kidney, heart and tongue. Cut 8 oz from each lb, save it in the fridge and eat it within 2 days so I can eat fresh organs. Then freeze the other 8 oz for the following week.

So I plan to eat 8 oz brain every week. Along with 8 oz kidney, heart, tongue and liver every week. The rest of my meats will come from muscle meats from lamb, beef, salmon, and if I can get it grass fed buffalo.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2012, 01:44:35 am »
Why freezing DaBoss? Why using the refrigerator in necessary? I m sure if u just eat these slimy meat for extra probiotics, that will be even better
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 01:46:03 am by TylerDurden »
bugs or country chickens

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2012, 02:04:17 am »
I agree with you. But I need to ease into it. I seem to tolerate raw meat fine. I mean... If I can down 6 oz of brain in 3 days I'd say I don't find it gross. But high meat.... I think that's something that takes a little more time to get used to.

Eventually I might consider doing just that. Just getting it fresh, sticking it in some jars and leaving it out till the following week when I'm ready to eat it.

But for now, I'll stick to getting it fresh. Eating what I can fresh, and freezing the rest for the following week.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2012, 01:20:05 pm »
DaBoss, it took me couple of days to adopt on high meat when I just started the RPD. Despite, all of those nonsense warning that high meat is only for advance RPD, I started right away and my intellectual mom also started taking high meat even she before ever tasted raw meat. I give high meat as a gift even vegetarian people. I even sent to high meat as a gift to Grithnir from NY to Idaho. The 1st thing that Grithnir and his partner commented that high meat is truly amazing thing
bugs or country chickens

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2012, 05:55:15 pm »
We'll see. Right now I'm only eating a little bit raw. Later I might decide to eat lots of high meat. Probably not the fattier foods though.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2012, 07:10:54 pm »
It is a bit nonsense, admittedly, for me to claim that one should wait a year to eat "high-meat" as "high-meat" is not dangerous per se. However, it takes a lot of courage to try fresh, raw meats in the first place, and most people find they need to take time to adjust to eating "high-meat" without vomiting. In my own case, I was so scared of non-fresh raw meat, despite eating raw meats left in the fridge for days, that I rather foolishly waited 3 more years before trying "high-meat".
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2012, 02:40:06 pm »
The big part of schizophrenia is solved by right diet. The importance of pre and probiotics are priceless. If we could feed a schizophrenics high meat , acidophilous, water kifer, fermented veggies, netto and give enema with VSL#3 everyday, I believe, that would make a huge different to control schizophrenics symptoms

Can not imagine about the proper mental treatment without of them
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2012, 03:43:50 am »
In USA, they categorized mental patient especially schizophrenics. Level 1 are those, who are completely crazy, stay naked, and not aware of any hygiene, violent, suicidal...etc. Level 2 are those, having all schizophrenics symptoms, but don't know what to do.

Unfortunately for those patients, who are on Level 1, they don't have anything but only institution, group homes...etc. These population, usually can't come out from this systems, where they are just like some rats on laboratory. Heavily drugged them and cut the verve permanently to make them retarded. But in third world, these population has better chance to recover fully.

There are many wonderful treatment and option available for Level 2 population. Right knowlege and enormous supply of money can completely cure these patients.
bugs or country chickens

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2013, 07:15:00 am »
http://www.consumerhealth.org/articles/display.cfm?ID=20060301174333

BIOPOLAR DISORDER Even though we have had some success with schizophrenia, I have no experience whatsoever with bipolar. But the brain with its trillions of neurons is the most demanding organ in the body, and if you are not getting the nutrients from a good nutritious diet which this is, and if you are getting bacterial toxins from too much fermentation in your colon, it's bound to effect your brain. So I can't give you the kind of statistics for bipolar disorder that I can give you for the other things, but you could try it; it's a wonderful diet. You don't have to mortgage your home. You just try it for a month or longer. It's a good diet it is going to help many different problems.

http://www.scdiet.org/1about/chapterone.html

It is interesting to note that in June, 1985, the Schizophrenia Association of Great Britain launched a research project to investigate Dr. F. C. Dohan's research concerning a relationship between celiac disease and schizophrenia. The basis for this project is a strict grain-free, milk-free, low sugar diet, closely related to the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.

http://eatkamloops.org/specific-carbohydrate-diet-scd/?doing_wp_cron=1357513801.9848530292510986328125

Over time something began to happen. People using the SCD found their other chronic health conditions became less serious or completely disappeared. Diseases caused by inflammation or autoimmune reactions seem to be helped in some way by the diet. This includes: asthma, allergies, chronic sinus infections, type two diabetes, arthritis, MS, heart disease, seizure disorders, epilepsy, depression, schizophrenia, autism and the spectrum disorders. The list continues to grow.

http://www.microbialinfluence.com/Brain.html

LPS produces changes in the amygdala and hippocampus.
LPS produces alterations in serotonin levels.
LPS causes degeneration and reduction in dopamine (DA) neurons
LPS exacerbates hippocampal damage induced by seizures
LPS affects cerebral blood flow
LPS results in degeneration of Myelin
LPS promotes excessive numbers of cholinergic neurons
LPS results in White Matter Damage

http://www.microbialinfluence.com/Emotions.html

LPS affects social interaction
LPS inducing fear and anxiety
LPS increases tendency for addiction.
LPS might might precipitate alcohol drinking behavior
Some of the physiological consequences of LPS are mediated by endogenous opioid peptides.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2013, 10:57:10 am »
Rds, I know you mentioned grinthr had thyroid problems. Gets a link showing microbial toxins can cause thyroid problems. Hence supporting a raw scdiet.

http://www.microbialinfluence.com/thyroidlps.html

Offline K-WI

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2013, 10:45:54 pm »
http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-high-in-niacin-vitamin-B3.php

Good list of top foods by niacin content. First 2 ones don´t match with RPD but next ones do. And most of them are from animal world.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2013, 11:53:00 pm »
Yeah!! Daily average intake of 8/9 raw egg yolks, niacin 3000mg, mg, folic acid, zinc... helping in a great deal severely schizophrenic patient , my brother. This is the 1st time for the past 6 months, he is out of any hospitals. Usually, he goes to hospitals every month and stays home 1 or 2 days before he goes completely crazy. Still he is quite abnormal, cause he does not want to eat healthy and all psychiatric symptoms are there, but he is NOT violent, NOT suicidal. He is addicted on sugar, gluten...u name it!!! But he is unaware that mom is hiding all vitamins and egg yolks in his drinks, juices. That keeps his totally stable. After numerous hospitalizations, now his ONLY place could be institution, but mom is keeping him almost norm by this.
bugs or country chickens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk