Author Topic: Durian smell, mercaptans, toxic gases and conservation instinct  (Read 2854 times)

Offline Ungullible

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Durian smell, mercaptans, toxic gases and conservation instinct
« on: December 05, 2012, 12:10:03 am »
For those  who can read french,  here is a  ( hopefully ) interesting topic on the above subject I wrote for the new  blog of the consumer association I  created to defend propane consumers in France against our  propane gas  cartel.

It 's there : 
http://adecopro.blogspot.fr/2012_11_01_archive.html

Some of you might have  realized  that the additive that's being poured into propane to make it stink , is very close to the smell of durian. It belongs to the same chemical class : the thiol class of organic compounds. 

There  are interesting musings as well in my paper as to  why our instinct cannot recognize the deadly carbon monoxyde. Obviously I could not help making reference "en passant" to the food instinct issue. 

Talking about propane distribution and gas cartel, I would be interested to exchange views with anybody from the UK or US who is interested by this issue.

In addition, if any member of this list lives in the State of Mississippi, I would be grateful if he could help me collect information on a propane incident which triggered  a major change  in the regulatory framework in that State in 2011.  I tried to obtain the information directly  from that  State's Fire Marshall, but when the guy  realised I was trying to get information in order to  speak ill of the propane companies, he stopped the email discussion. Thanks 

"De tous les animaux, l'homme est celui qui se sert le moins de son instinct ; et pourtant c'est celui qui est le plus malade" (  un doyen de la Faculté de Médecine de Paris, un demi-siècle avant la naissance de Sarkozy )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk