Author Topic: dont feel like working out (healing cycle vs. just plain lazy)  (Read 6248 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Today I was supposed to work out because none of my muscles were sore anymore. I didnt feel like working out today and when tried to force myslf into it i didnt hit nearly the levels i usually do and just gave up.

usually im full of energy and have no problem doing an intense workout anytime my muscles arent sore but i just wasnt feeling it at all today.

was i just being lazy or or is the a normal part of working out where your body just doesnt want to do it sometimes.

could my body just be telling me that it needs its energy for something else right now? Is this one of those healing cycles where one needs to rest becausethe body is detoxing or perhaps building muscle or something like that?

do the more experienced athletes here think I should listen to my body in cases like this or just push through it?
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: dont feel like working out (healing cycle vs. just plain lazy)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 11:38:12 am »
If you are having trouble maintaining good form for whatever reason, you're waaay more prone to injury.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 12:56:22 pm »
it's always due to something, but what exactly sometimes can be really too hard to determine.  On days like that for me I see if slow and steady exercise can get me past that tired feeling.  Most often it does to my complete surprise.  But I don't push myself into something that doesn't feel right.  I think when I do move through it, that my body may just need oxygen or to move some lymph, or...     Sometimes just a good long walk with good breathing can be more beneficial than forcing oneself.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 11:21:04 pm »
listen to your body. maybe instead of lifting on those kinda days suggest other activities, like going for a long walk or hike, tai chi, or just relaxing.  like van said, sometimes just getting the blood and lymph flowing with other activities first will stimulate energy, but still respect the body and don't push yourself to do more then you really feel like.  plus its spring, the body notices the change in light and temp and is more prone to random energy fluctuations.  don't over think it!

Offline Barefoot Instincto

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 02:03:26 am »
Yeah, just go for a walk instead. Level of muscle soreness is no indication of readiness to go again. Studies suggest it can take up to 10 days even for a very worked out muscle to recover, even if soreness goes away after a few days.

Always do what your body wants. If it wants to go hard, go hard (intensity is always key!). If you're not feeling it, don't sweat it and just go relax. Your body will use that time to continue getting stronger until you're ready to go again.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 02:03:57 am »
You were lazy and unmotivated. It's all in your head ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk