Author Topic: School killings  (Read 28974 times)

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: School killings
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2013, 09:30:28 am »
raw-al, you are forgetting the massive other side of the coin. That being that we don't have an account for all the mass shootings that might have been prevented because of the efficacy of the psychotropic drugs. I'm actually surprised by the incredibly low prevalence of mass shootings (defined  as 4+ or more at one time) in the US being somewhere around 2-3 per year for the last 30 years.

This huge blind spot that is unmeasurable makes it very difficult to determine whether these drugs are causing any harm or actually helping to an enormous degree. I can go further and  say that perhaps the shooters you mention above that were these pyschotropic dugs killed less people than they would have where it not for the drugs. Maybe they would have gone into a football stadium or what not? This is obviously just pure speculation but the argument could be made.

As an extreme example, say in the future we invent a drug that will 100% stop mass shootings from occurring, only that it would take 5 days for the drug to kick in and that we could somehow identify every single person that would fit the profile of a person who would be a mass shooter before they became one. The only piece of information we would not have would be the time until the person committed the mass shooting. So, all the people we would identify as mass shooters would, with this drug, be prevented from becoming a mass shooter except for the people that were identified too late (< 5 days). So, inevitably some mass shootings would occur and all of these shooters would be on the drug. There would be a 100% correlation here and because of the absence of evidence of the mass shootings not happening, from an initial look at the data it would appear that the drug caused the mass shootings, but the exact opposite is happening.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2013, 11:46:07 am »
PD,
As I indicated in the beginning I did not write the piece, just passed it on. I also indicated that I did not necessarily agree with what it said.

However if my memory serves, the medications in question have clearly indicated in their 'rap sheet' that they may cause depression suicide etc. If you follow the topic in general, you'll see that suicide and various other things are the direct result of taking these medications.

From what I have seen watching both movies and interviews, teachers in particular are quite heavily involved in using these medications to make their lives easier. Young men are pretty much the vast majority of the unwilling consumers of this unproven and 'not tested on children' technology. Such a vast amount of money is made off of this shameful trade. The kids are dragged in kicking and screaming.

When you factor in the fact that education is becoming something unavailable to them due to the feminization of the school system by the overwhelming number of teachers who are female and who have no clue how to deal with boys. Twice as many girls go to places of higher education, that as one author of a prior link said, hope is leaving the vocabulary of the young men as they just drift out of school and into a 'job'.

When hope leaves desperation creeps in and that breeds anger. Put anger and a gun together and guess what.
Cheers
Al

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2013, 07:18:46 am »
So, are you anti-gun people proposing that the U.S. should ban all guns?  Because that will never happen.  And if you are proposing that we ban assault-weapons, well, we tried that before, and it did not do anything at all to solve the problem.  Ban guns if you want to, but you are living in a dream world if you think that will get rid of violence.

"Eliminate armed guards for the President, Vice-President, and their families, and establish Gun Free Zones around them

Gun Free Zones are supposed to protect our children, and some politicians wish to strip us of our right to keep and bear arms. Those same politicians and their families are currently under the protection of armed Secret Service agents. If Gun Free Zones are sufficient for our children, then Gun Free Zones should be good enough for politicians.
"
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/eliminate-armed-guards-president-vice-president-and-their-families-and-establish-gun-free-zones/6RDGkxLK?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shortur
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:58:00 am by Brad462 »
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2013, 01:23:46 am »

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:00:29 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2013, 05:34:00 pm »

LOL
TD where do you find this stuff?
Oh, just random googling and checking various  US pro-gun etc. sites every now and then. I have a hefty interest in increased pro-gun lobbying as in Europe guns are far too strictly controlled, and those who do have weapons often have to pay for ruinously expensive  hunting licences to kill any wild game. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:54:00 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2013, 09:30:51 pm »

Display em proudly!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2013, 02:56:50 am »
Thanks GS, I'd thought the img thing had failed before with me on previous occasions but obviously I must have made some errors. I'll now fix this.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2013, 01:02:00 am »
Hey guys, don't get too excited.

That sign is obviously Photoshopped on there. Check out the lack of defined shadows.

Nobody would devalue their own property and their intellectual appearance by putting up such silliness.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:15:51 am by TylerDurden »
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2013, 05:21:28 am »
The whole point is that the sign is demonstrating that the neighbours are morons. Plus, I see perfectly normal shadows there.

Maybe the guy put up the sign, then put it down afterwards because his neighbours had the common-sense to be gun-owners. It is, after all, a rather common American characteristic to live in neighbourhoods with others who possess similiar  behaviours, affiliations, or characteristics. I recall, for example, one US father disowning his son for living in Haight Street in San Francisco, simply because it was known to be a gay neighbourhood.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2013, 07:11:58 am »
Tyler, now c'mon, The shadows are from a tree. : )

I doubt if anyone would be so crass. Where is the sign on your lawn? Send us a pic. ; )
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2013, 07:40:07 am »
Tyler, now c'mon, The shadows are from a tree. : )

I doubt if anyone would be so crass. Where is the sign on your lawn? Send us a pic. ; )
  A tree could very well be on either side, for all we know....

I live in a flat, sadly, so have no greenery for any signs. If I had a car   I would probably  put on it  the slogan from the TV show "Sledgehammer" which is "I (heart) violence" to deter  overly aggressive drivers.  If I had any sizeable greenery, I might even  adopt that amusing slogan from the film "Live and Let Die", which is "tresspassers will be eaten".  ;D
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk