Author Topic: absurd milk levels  (Read 9829 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
absurd milk levels
« on: January 01, 2013, 10:33:33 am »
Ever since Iv started working out, my milk intake has skyrocketed and Im loving it. Im doing more than a half gallon a day of goat milk lately. Usually after a workout Ill crave lots of milk and then meat later.
-----------

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: absurd milk levels
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 02:22:14 am »
There are some people who go for a gallon a day and gain a lot of weight (not all of it pure muscle, of course). I also had some periods when I consumed more than that in one day, but did not eat much else.

Offline Isthmus

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 05:50:50 pm »
Sa
Ever since Iv started working out, my milk intake has skyrocketed and Im loving it. Im doing more than a half gallon a day of goat milk lately. Usually after a workout Ill crave lots of milk and then meat later.

Same for me. I have found milk really beneficial in gaining weight.

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 06:54:24 am »
haha, this may be why you cannot see your abdominal muscles. You are getting fat (or swollen) from all that milk :P
That's not paleo.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 08:26:02 am »
yes I am sure the milk has helped me achieve that. and thank god for that!
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 11:16:43 am »
Be careful with the excess calcium.  I would recommend a magnesium supplement. You might also want to try a vitamin D and/or a vitamin K-2 supplement. Definitely get some sunshine.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 09:56:28 pm »
BAHAHAHAHAHA

I can drink a half gallon of jersey milk without stopping.

I think I could eat 2 pints of raw ice cream, a gallon of raw milk, a stick of butter, 3 eggs and half a pound of beef in a day and feel freakin fantastic haha. Probably take it easy the next day though. The ice cream would also have 3 eggs in it, so that's 6.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 01:25:20 am »
Yeah, there's no instinctive  stop with milk until your stomach is full up, similarly to most processed and heated foods. This is one more clue that milk is not a primal food.

What is absurd is to endorse animal milk in a paleo-diet forum.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 01:34:47 am »
Point taken. Topic moved to the primal diet forum.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 01:47:52 am »
Yeah, there's no instinctive  stop with milk until your stomach is full up, similarly to most processed and heated foods. This is one more clue that milk is not a primal food.

What is absurd is to endorse animal milk in a paleo-diet forum.

I don't agree, milk is much more water than meat. I don't you can't drink enough milk to experience an instinctive stop except when it is the bulk of what you are eating. I do experience instinctive stops with meat, I think milk, but not fruit. What makes me stop eating fruit is that it makes me feel high and my intellect knows that is bad, my body however tells me to eat more and my teeth tell me to only eat it once or twice a day and never without fat or at least protein.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 03:00:58 am »
I don't agree, milk is much more water than meat. I don't you can't drink enough milk to experience an instinctive stop except when it is the bulk of what you are eating. I do experience instinctive stops with meat, I think milk, but not fruit. What makes me stop eating fruit is that it makes me feel high and my intellect knows that is bad, my body however tells me to eat more and my teeth tell me to only eat it once or twice a day and never without fat or at least protein.

agreed. My body doesnt give me a stop in terms of fruit. I have to do this intellectually because every time I eat a lot of fruit I get a sugar high as well as pain in my teeth and and vague feeling I can only describe as fungus-ey or waht I hear candida is like. I also start to get acne and joint pains when eating a lot of fruit.

The funny thing is I do crave fruit sometimes and do think a bit is good for be. However once I start eating it like crack and the more i eat the more I want and i have to stop myself.

and i do get a stop from milk by the way.
-----------

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 03:01:50 am »
Wild fruits give a clear stop.
i do get a stop from milk by the way.
How is that stop?
After more than half gallon everyday during months? Years?
What about the milk of wild animals? :P ;D Does it give a clearer stop?  ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 03:06:28 am »
Every time I read about vast amounts of raw dairy being drunk, it reminds me of similiar times when I vastly over-consumed the stuff. Such cravings are a definite sign of allergy, imo.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 03:15:42 am »
I drank that much every day for years of my own goat's milk, raw, green pasture fed only,, got into kefir and raw yogurts with human strains of bacteria,,,  seriously doubt it was allergy.  More of having come off a raw vegan diet and my body craving usable proteins, and from an instinctive point of view, I had drunk as a kid pasturized cow milk all the way up till 18 or so.  That's a lot of gallons of milk.  I think my body used the raw goats milk in an exchange moleculer sort of way, the way it did when I started eating lots of raw tuna ( canned tuna was a staple till about 20).  I think it cleaned out the damaged protein molecules, if that is possible and was a healthy period in my life.  I had NO allergy symptoms what so ever unless the goats ate grain, or there was only dry brown grass for them to eat.   For other reasons I stopped with milk.  I have said several times here there is a HUGE difference in how at least my body reacts to milk depending on what animal it came from, what it was fed etc. 

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 08:47:20 am »
Perhaps milk has less of a stop because it is a complete food? What about the people who's allergies go away when they start drinking raw milk?

My cravings for raw milk aren't much more advanced than my cravings for raw meat. I think milk is also really cleansing, how do you tell the difference between an allergic reaction and your body cleansing?

Does milk cause mucous or the ejection of mucous?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 11:20:39 am »
Past few days I've been drinking raw goat's milk, then raw cow's milk.
Seems there is no farting with raw goat's milk.
More farting with raw cow's milk.
We made raw ice cream too.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 11:26:55 am »
Past few days I've been drinking raw goat's milk, then raw cow's milk.
Seems there is no farting with raw goat's milk.
More farting with raw cow's milk.
We made raw ice cream too.

Hm, strange, cows and goats both seem to fart quite a bit.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 02:44:22 pm »
Perhaps milk has less of a stop because it is a complete food? What about the people who's allergies go away when they start drinking raw milk?

My cravings for raw milk aren't much more advanced than my cravings for raw meat. I think milk is also really cleansing, how do you tell the difference between an allergic reaction and your body cleansing?

Does milk cause mucous or the ejection of mucous?
Well, in my own case, milk was clearly creating mucus as it was a constant process  over many months, a genuine detox is of a far more temporary, shorter duration by contrast. I also experienced an increased distaste for raw meats when consuming raw dairy products, though that doesn't have to happen for an allergy to exist.

Raw dairy has no "stop" and is highly addictive, not because it is a complete food, but because it has highly addictive opioids in it, just as with grains and cooked foods.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 04:27:49 pm »
Raw dairy has no "stop" and is highly addictive, not because it is a complete food, but because it has highly addictive opioids in it, just as with grains and cooked foods.
Exactly.

For the hundredth time:
http://www.nutramed.com/eatingdisorders/addictivefoods.htm

Exorphins

Pieces of milk and wheat proteins (peptides) can act like the body's own narcotics, the endorphins, and were described by Zioudro, Streaty and Klee as "exorphins" in 1979. Other food proteins, such as gluten, results in the production of substances having opiate- (narcotic) like activity. These substances have been termed "exorphins." Hydrolyzed wheat gluten, for example, was found to prolong intestinal transit time and this effect was reversed by concomitant administration of naloxone, a narcotic-blocking drug. Digests of milk proteins also are opioid peptides. The brain effects of exorphins may contribute to the mental disturbances and appetite disorders which routinely accompany food-related illness. The possibility that exorphins are addictive in some people is a fascinating lead which needs further exploration.

Another mechanism, similar to dependency on food-derived neuroactive peptides such as exorphins, would be a dependency on gastrointestinal peptides, released from the bowel during digestion. Deficiencies in the bowel production of regulatory addictive peptides, such as endorphins, would likely be associated with cravings and compulsions to increase food ingestion. Eugenio Paroli reviewed the peptide research, especially the link between food and schizophrenia. He suggested: "The discovery that opioid peptides are released by the digestion of certain food has followed a line of research that assumes pathogenic connections between schizophrenic psychosis and diet."

Milk and wheat proteins have been studied and shown to yield active peptides. These substances may be numerous in the digestive tract after a meal and several effects could occur in sequence. The absorption of larger peptides may be irregular, with variation in symptom production after meals, making the interpretation of milk and wheat disease difficult. Other foods are likely to yield similar peptides.

http://people.eng.unimelb.edu.au/gwadley/msc/WadleyMartinAgriculture.html

Recent discoveries of potentially psychoactive substances in certain agricultural products -- cereals and milk -- suggest an additional perspective on the adoption of agriculture and the behavioural changes ('civilisation') that followed it. In this paper we review the evidence for the drug-like properties of these foods, and then show how they can help to solve the biological puzzle just described.

Pharmacological properties of cereals and milk

Recent research into the pharmacology of food presents a new perspective on these problems.

Exorphins: opioid substances in food

Prompted by a possible link between diet and mental illness, several researchers in the late 1970s began investigating the occurrence of drug-like substances in some common foodstuffs.

Dohan (1966, 1984) and Dohan et al. (1973, 1983) found that symptoms of schizophrenia were relieved somewhat when patients were fed a diet free of cereals and milk. He also found that people with coeliac disease -- those who are unable to eat wheat gluten because of higher than normal permeability of the gut -- were statistically likely to suffer also from schizophrenia. Research in some Pacific communities showed that schizophrenia became prevalent in these populations only after they became 'partially westernised and consumed wheat, barley beer, and rice' (Dohan 1984).

Groups led by Zioudrou (1979) and Brantl (1979) found opioid activity in wheat, maize and barley (exorphins), and bovine and human milk (casomorphin), as well as stimulatory activity in these proteins, and in oats, rye and soy. Cereal exorphin is much stronger than bovine casomorphin, which in turn is stronger than human casomorphin. Mycroft et al. (1982, 1987) found an analogue of MIF-1, a naturally occurring dopaminergic peptide, in wheat and milk. It occurs in no other exogenous protein. (In subsequent sections we use the term exorphin to cover exorphins, casomorphin, and the MIF-1 analogue. Though opioid and dopaminergic substances work in different ways, they are both 'rewarding', and thus more or less equivalent for our purposes.)

Since then, researchers have measured the potency of exorphins, showing them to be comparable to morphine and enkephalin (Heubner et al. 1984), determined their amino acid sequences (Fukudome &Yoshikawa 1992), and shown that they are absorbed from the intestine (Svedburg et al.1985) and can produce effects such as analgesia and reduction of anxiety which are usually associated with poppy-derived opioids (Greksch et al.1981, Panksepp et al.1984). Mycroft et al. estimated that 150 mg of the MIF-1 analogue could be produced by normal daily intake of cereals and milk, noting that such quantities are orally active, and half this amount 'has induced mood alterations in clinically depressed subjects' (Mycroft et al. 1982:895). (For detailed reviews see Gardner 1985 and Paroli 1988.)

Most common drugs of addiction are either opioid (e.g heroin and morphine) or dopaminergic (e.g. cocaine and amphetamine), and work by activating reward centres in the brain. Hence we may ask, do these findings mean that cereals and milk are chemically rewarding? Are humans somehow 'addicted' to these foods?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 04:58:21 pm »
I experience some kind of stop with raw milk.
I can force myself to drink 1 liter a day. 
Cannot do more than that.

I put my boy on an all raw cow milk diet for almost 3 weeks to heal his intestinal injuries and he said "stop" when he was finally constipated with his poops fully formed.  It was effective and it worked.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk