Author Topic: Blood-Type For raw meat  (Read 6081 times)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
Blood-Type For raw meat
« on: January 08, 2013, 08:35:25 am »
My mom is interested in the whole raw meat idea. But she fears that she will have problems, because her 'blood-type doesnt do well with meat'. So she has been told. But she cant remember her blood type, just what she was taught to avoid. Is there any truth to this claim?

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
Re: Blood-Type For raw meat
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 08:44:25 am »
As far as I know blood type does not matter in any way.

Is she referring to the blood type diet? I read about it years ago, and there is a lot of criticism about it out there. I think it was even altered because of it.

Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 08:48:52 am »
I disagree with the blood type diet.

I have Type A blood.

According to http://www.dadamo.com/bloodtype_A.htm I'd thrive on a vegetarian diet. "Type As flourish on a vegetarian diet."

I do very well with raw meats, no indigestion, no problems. Honestly I don't think ANYONE would truly do well on a vegetarian diet.

He also suggests things like dairy for type B's.

I think a raw paleo diet is good for everyone, regardless of blood type. But it's important to pay attention to which foods are working for you. Some people need less carbs, some more. Some need less fat, some need more.

But I don't think the blood type diet makes sense.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 08:53:59 am »
Thank you guys for confirming what I had already thought. She really buys into some things. And I didnt want to be wrong by telling her not to worry. :)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 08:57:05 am »
She really buys into some things.

I'm sure we've all been there. I remember I bought the blood type diet. It sounded convincing enough lol.

What's logical to me is that ALL humans need a similar diet. Just like all cows eat grass and thrive on it. You won't find some cows that do well on grass and others that do well on GMO corn and GMO soy. Which is my reason for thinking the blood type diet is wrong.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 09:24:01 am »
I'm sure we've all been there. I remember I bought the blood type diet. It sounded convincing enough lol.

What's logical to me is that ALL humans need a similar diet. Just like all cows eat grass and thrive on it. You won't find some cows that do well on grass and others that do well on GMO corn and GMO soy. Which is my reason for thinking the blood type diet is wrong.

That is a good argument. The blood type diet did not make sense to me then either.

I am O negative, so it would even have meant lots of meat for me if I remember correctly.
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 10:32:07 am »
Another blood type A here... thriving on an animal diet!
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 10:55:39 am »
thanks everyone, Im glad :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk