Author Topic: Ruptured Spleen  (Read 9163 times)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
Ruptured Spleen
« on: January 08, 2013, 10:22:37 am »
I was in a car accident in august 2010. I suffered many injuries, but the seemingly least important one has turned out to be the reason for my suffering. A ruptured spleen. I was instantly put into an induced coma at the time of the rupture, so it healed on its own and was not removed. I figured out (without the help of ANYONE unfortunately) that bladder problems and digestive problems are linked directly to a weak spleen. Does anyone know how I could help my spleen, if its even possible?

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Ruptured Spleen
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 11:43:29 pm »
I don't think spleen has anything to do with digestion.

"The spleen plays important roles in regard to red blood cells (also referred to as erythrocytes) and the immune system."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spleen

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 12:19:22 am »
Thats what literally everyone else has told me. Everyone. From doctors to homeopaths.
Dig deep and you find the truth. My spleen was ruptured, this is where it all began. I know its the truth because my digestion problems then began right away, but they were not too life changing. Then I moved cities right into the heart of a very stressful and upsetting situation. I was permanently stressed. Then, once the digestion got horrible, the bladder problems began. Frequency and urgency of urination, which no one could explain. I have searched for the answer for almost 2 years now. An answer to either of my 2 most persistent problems, (bladder and stomach), without any luck. I was like you, I thought that the spleen injury played absolutely no part in any of it. I didnt even consider it. Untill I found these websites:

http://www.okanaganacupuncture.com/articles/frequent-urination

http://resourcesforlife.outeredge-uk.com/spleendigestion.htm

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 12:22:56 am »
You might want to consult with traditional Chinese medicine practitioners.  They are pretty big on spleen over there.
In Chinese medicine, spleen has everything to do with digestion.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:34:22 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 12:36:25 am »
Did you see my links provided in my last comment? I am very impressed that at least one form of healing has discovered the truth for me. Im so excited. I searched for so long for this ;D

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 12:42:39 am »
You might want to consult with traditional Chinese medicine practitioners.  They are pretty big on spleen over there.
In Chinese medicine, spleen has everything to do with digestion.

No.  What's CALLED the spleen meridian in TCM is actually the Pancreas meridian.  This is due to a mistranslation in the original translating of Chinese medicine terms into English.   In Chinese medicine the actual spleen is just considered to be a part of the Liver.

If Poncho is having problems with digestion, then he should apply the usual remedies, like an elimination diet, fermented foods, high meat, etc..

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 12:55:18 am »
It really makes complete sense that my weakened spleen would have triggered all of this. Everything, literally everything, fits. Of course Im going to change my diet completely, thats why Im on here in the first place.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 12:56:46 am »
I really think you should actually take a look at the links I provided.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 01:36:01 am »
I really think you should actually take a look at the links I provided.

Who, me?  I'm pretty well-versed in Chinese medicine.  If you are having soreness at the usual points on your meridians, whether it's Bladder, Pancreas, Liver, or whatever, then acunpuncture or acupressure can definitely help.  You don't need theories about what caused what in order to use needles or pressure on sore acupoints.  However, you're probably going to get more relief from dietary changes.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 01:51:42 am »
Your claims seem absolutely ridiculous. Please provide some links. Ill actually look at them, even though I think I already know the answer. Im not the wisest, sure. But Im too smart to believe that I cant be proven wrong.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 02:13:54 am »
Poncho, cherimoya_kid may seem a little harsh when he writes, but there is a lot truth in what he wrote above.  He didn't directly say that you and I were wrong.  He made clarifications to your links and to what I said.

And Cherimoya gave good advice that you combine the best acupuncturist / tcm healer with the best raw paleo diet (whatever form may work for you at this time.) ... don't forget to do the elimination of food testing to see what works for you.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 02:47:54 am »
My mother had caught a hysto infection that coincided with mono when she was in her early twenties. It cased her spleen to swell and afterward on medical scans it was shown to be badly damaged, which may have been partly responsible for the years of chronic infections she suffered afterward.

At the onset of my health problems I had a mono infection that caused my spleen and lympnodes to swell, the issue didnt resolve, and for over three years it caused me considerable pain, during periods of flareups. At the time I was overrun with chronic yeast overgrowth, blood parasites, and other signs of immune dysfunction. The flare ups ceased shortly after going on raw paleo, but it took over a year before I quit having pains in my side.

The spleen is very important for regulating immunity and cleaning the blood. People who have their spleens damaged or removed are more vulnerable to infections, and suffer from many vague symptoms not often diagnosed.

I tend to think the spleen like most organs and glands has the capacity to heal given the proper time and nutrition. It may take over a year on a strict paleo diet in order to get maximum organ regeneration, but I can speak from experience that such healing is possible on a properly balanced Raw paleo diet
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 03:02:38 am »
Thank you so much. Very reassuring. Exactly what I was hoping to hear :)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 04:34:37 am »
Your claims seem absolutely ridiculous. Please provide some links. Ill actually look at them, even though I think I already know the answer. Im not the wisest, sure. But Im too smart to believe that I cant be proven wrong.

which claim?  That the Spleen meridian is actually linked to the Pancreas instead, and that the actual organ called the spleen is considered to be part of the Liver ? 

There's a great book called "Healing with Whole Foods" by Paul Pitchford that mentions that, for one thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Whole-Foods-Traditions-Nutrition/dp/1556434308

Most really good acupuncturists know this as well. 

The author of that book is a vegetarian, but he readily admits the health-building properties of some animal foods.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 09:29:33 am »
Right. It also says the liver and spleen work together. So if the spleen is weak, so is the liver? Meaning that my weakened spleen has weakened my liver and this weakness ultimately creates my problems. Now that weve cleared that up, I guess you understand why I was looking to learn how to help my spleen as much as I can? Thanks for bringing me on a useless thought journey that just lead me to the exact same place I was at before it started.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 11:18:10 am »
Right. It also says the liver and spleen work together. So if the spleen is weak, so is the liver? Meaning that my weakened spleen has weakened my liver and this weakness ultimately creates my problems. Now that weve cleared that up, I guess you understand why I was looking to learn how to help my spleen as much as I can? Thanks for bringing me on a useless thought journey that just lead me to the exact same place I was at before it started.

Well, if you don't need our help, why are you here?

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 11:25:16 am »
oh my god. I was asking for help for how to get my spleen strong, because it effects my main health problems and was ruptured. I want help, not someone to tell me that Im wrong about my diagnosis because they know more about Chinese medicine than I do. When in fact I was right all along.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 11:42:15 am »
oh my god. I was asking for help for how to get my spleen strong, because it effects my main health problems and was ruptured. I want help, not someone to tell me that Im wrong about my diagnosis because they know more about Chinese medicine than I do. When in fact I was right all along.

The main focus of our forum is raw paleo diet. Those of us who came here looking for healing have found profound recovery from diverse conditions. Regardless of treatments targeting specific conditions and organs, eating a diet containing raw animal foods (muscle, fat, and organs) acts both as a powerful cleanser and builder for the entire body.

Start here http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/ and modify your diet cold-turkey or by stages.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 01:32:31 pm »

This isn't about who is right or wrong.  If you want to improve your health through using acupoints, the most effective way is to simply find the sore points and needle or massage them regularly until they are no longer sore.  this can take days, weeks, or even months of daily massage or needling to get rid of the pain at some persistently sore points.

It doesn't matter what meridian they are on, or what organ that meridian is tied to.  Yes, for digestion problems you probably want to work on the Liver, Gallbladder, Spleen, and Stomach meridians...but you may find that other health problems disappear when your work sore points that are NOT on those meridians.

Look, I know more about Chinese medicine and nutrition than you probably ever will....and certainly right now my knowledge is tremendous compared to yours.  I'm not obligated to offer that help for FREE.  I only offer it for free because so many other people online have helped me for free. In return, I was nice to them.  If you want me to help you, maybe you should be nice to me.  Fair enough, right?

I'm the moderator.  I help people here all the time, and have done so FOR YEARS. I offer credible information, ban spammers, put up with attitude from unruly members, and generally do my best to help as many people as I'm able.  I even pay the webmaster to help maintain the website.

What have you done for the forum lately?

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 01:44:13 pm »
Easy there moderator, Im just a forager! I dont know any better. I'm a fast learner, Ill join you one day

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk