Author Topic: Food Poisoning?  (Read 7286 times)

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Food Poisoning?
« on: December 04, 2008, 01:40:25 pm »
Okay so yesterday evening I ate some east coast oysters and chicken liver with the intent on eating a full pound of beef in about 1/2 an hour.  So I ate the oysters and the juice they came in and started eating the chicken livers, but after the first couple swallows I had a HUGE gag reflex.  I nearly ralphed all over the floor right there except for I have an amazingly strong stomach.  So I quit eating at that point and went to Whole Foods to get my beef, thinking it was just the taste of the liver that caused it.

So after like 1 hour, I can still feel the taste of liver, oysters, and acid sitting just below my throat, and feel pressure there, almost as if it hadn't even made it to my stomach.  No nausea, no real pain, just a gross feeling from above my stomach to right at my throat.  So I finally get tired of this and decide to puke it up (finger in back of throat).  Mostly got rid of the taste and symptoms, and so 30 mins later I ate some  bland fruit  salad with a honey/apple cider vinegar dressing to help clear the digestive tract.  Then about 1 hour later, 1/2 lb of beef.  But all the time my body is feeling worse, and then I come down with a fever (nothing major) and my body started feeling sore.  I went like that for the rest of the night, feeling better in the morning but not fully well.

No fever today, or nausea, just some diahrrea and body pains.  I ate some eggs, honey, berries, and plent of coconut water in the morning, and some beef throughout the day.  Its now almost bed time and I can feel that I'm coming down with a fever again.  I realize this is somewhat of a good thing as my body will soon go in to accelerated healing from whatever the hell happened.

And that's why I'm posting.  Does anyone have any experience, even theories?  In the last year of raw paleo, I would say I have never  gotten sick from something I ate, but today I'm fairly certain that either the oysters or the liver caused this.  I lean towards the liver as it is what caused the gag reflex, and though all natural (free of antibiotics and horomones) was not organic.  I know they feed, chickens lots of cooked soy, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the liver.  Also, I ate some the night before last right after a good solid work out with no real problems (though still some very minor problems w/ gag reflex).  I wouldn't be surprised if my body delayed the detox of whatever may have been in the liver, b/c of need to recover from the gym that night.

Anyways, I'd like to hear your guys thoughts and experience. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:42:35 pm by Guittarman03 »
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Food Poisoning?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 05:06:18 pm »
Okay so yesterday evening I ate some east coast oysters and chicken liver with the intent on eating a full pound of beef in about 1/2 an hour.  So I ate the oysters and the juice they came in and started eating the chicken livers, but after the first couple swallows I had a HUGE gag reflex.  I nearly ralphed all over the floor right there except for I have an amazingly strong stomach.  So I quit eating at that point and went to Whole Foods to get my beef, thinking it was just the taste of the liver that caused it.

So after like 1 hour, I can still feel the taste of liver, oysters, and acid sitting just below my throat, and feel pressure there, almost as if it hadn't even made it to my stomach.  No nausea, no real pain, just a gross feeling from above my stomach to right at my throat.  So I finally get tired of this and decide to puke it up (finger in back of throat).  Mostly got rid of the taste and symptoms, and so 30 mins later I ate some  bland fruit  salad with a honey/apple cider vinegar dressing to help clear the digestive tract.  Then about 1 hour later, 1/2 lb of beef.  But all the time my body is feeling worse, and then I come down with a fever (nothing major) and my body started feeling sore.  I went like that for the rest of the night, feeling better in the morning but not fully well.

No fever today, or nausea, just some ...
) was not organic.  I know they feed, chickens lots of cooked soy, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was the liver.  Also, I ate some the night before last right after a good solid work out with no real problems (though still some very minor problems w/ gag reflex).  I wouldn't be surprised if my body delayed the detox of whatever may have been in the liver, b/c of need to recover from the gym that night.

Anyways, I'd like to hear your guys thoughts and experience.

I had a hard time getting down (raw) chicken livers (from whole foods) the other day.  I have had (raw) chicken (fresh butchered kosher) make me smell like corn.  Also, I have thrown up after eating (raw) oysters (from the fresh fish market).  Were yours fresh?  I think I ralphed because I ate a teaspoon of (chilled) royal jelly with it.  I felt completely and totally fine in all other respects, really. 

I hope you feel better.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 05:09:47 pm »
I can relate to that.
Last blog I wrote about the live chicken we slaughtered.
Same thing when I ate the chicken liver and unlayed egg yolks and chicken kidney.
I started salivating after a few minutes and puked it all.

I have full respect for our body wisdom, especially when we have been raw for quite some time.

This means whatever was in the chicken liver, or in the oysters or maybe a bad combination of those two... does not agree with our body.  Food combining sucks sometimes.

It took me 2 days to recover from that.  I'm thinking that maybe the chicken was unhealthy or fed something unhealthy.  Remember, the liver is a filter of toxins and only the healthiest of animal livers should be eaten.  The gerson protocol has raw calf livers in it but lately they are having a difficult time getting healthy raw calf livers.

It is great that this puking instincts save our lives.

A few months ago I blogged about me puking and pooping after eating polluted raw oysters.  

So in your case it could have been the oysters or the chicken liver or both of them or a bad combination of the two.

Food poisoning happens.

It pays to be armed and dangerous... some in my arsenal: herbal colon cleansers... fasting... tree iodine... ginger tea... gorging on safe raw or slightly cooked fats... activated charcoal... oregano oil...
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 12:33:26 am »
  I'll put my two cents in.  Chickens are fed mostly two grains, corn and soybeans.  Even free range,  well, just go someday where they raise free range chickens and look at the 'ground' they 'free range' on.  You may not want to ever eat chicken again, let alone their livers.   I would agree with Goodsamaritan,  it reads like you're combining too much.  Keep it simple, eat for taste not some idea as to what you may or may not eat at any particular time.  My head still gets in the way often.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 12:59:19 am »
Both foods seem suspect to me as others have said that chickens are usually fed poor diets relative to many other animals raised for slaughter. As well oysters can have toxins in them at certain places during certain times of the year due to algal blooms and other toxins in the ocean, some natural some man made.

My suggestion would be to only eat organs, especially liver, from animals that are fed no grains or other unnatural fair, and to try and research about oysters regarding where and when they have the potential to be polluted. There was a saying I heard that you should only eat oysters during months that end in a 'y' but that is probably an over-simplification.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 05:20:17 am »
Mixing and eating all those organs is just no good; it's only the body saying "I can not digest all that"! No AV-ditox, just the nature of digestion!

Nicola

Offline DameonWolf

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 02:39:43 am »
I'm so sorry you had to go through that! That sucks! :(

However it's very cool your body figured it out before your food had even hit your stomach.

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 10:15:55 am »
Yeah I thought the same thing.  Kinda gives me a new respect for the body as a whole intelligent unit.  Feeling much better now btw.  Lost 1/4 inch off my arm b/c of the whole ordeal though, agh.  Hopefully it'll come back easily.   
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk