Author Topic: Sensitivity?  (Read 9340 times)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
Sensitivity?
« on: January 12, 2013, 12:59:15 am »
If I eat a normal sized serving of any vegetable so far, I get exhausted. I used to get that kind of tired when I ate anything, anything the american diet consists of. I can eat seaweed and be fine so far. Just not too much, I ate a bunch of it and got really bloated and tired. Starches were really bad. I dont even try with those. When I eat any fruit other than berries, so far, I get really bloated. I really hate being bloated. It makes me look and feel horrible. Berries dont seem to bother me. Does this make sense? Or am just looking at this all wrong?

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Sensitivity?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 02:19:48 am »
It makes sense to only eat foods that help you, and from what you say to not eat any fruit, seaweed. or vegetables for now - just focus on the raw animal foods and berries. I can get a really bloated abdomen eating starches too, when I manage to eat just raw animal foods for a week or more then the inflammation goes away and my body shape, posture, energy etc all improve. 

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 02:55:46 am »
Most commercial fruits are not good at all. The more wild they are, the better.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 03:45:43 am »
Okay so I was just feeling really weak overall. I also felt uncomfortable in the stomach. Cant quite pinpoint what exactly the feeling was. I was feeling so sad, because this whole 'eating to feel okay again' has been a constant struggle for me. Ive been trying so hard. I decided I would go to the local sushi place here and get sashimi. Because I didnt have it in me to try to eat any other raw meat (Im not used to the taste yet). It was closed. It felt like the world was ending, I was so unhappy. I got some locally made ice cream, the ingredients arent too too bad, but still bad. I ate it and instantly felt better. Im not talking awesome feeling here, but not panicked and weak. Whats going on. Can I just wait this out while continuing a primarily raw meat diet? I over think everything because I dont know what else to do.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 04:21:42 am »
Yeah, it’s difficult to start alone without a proper choice of suitable, totally correct raw palaeo foods. Many new events take place in our bodies: cells may start to expel some molecules it had accepted previously as a substitute to the lack of appropriate ones, now becoming  available. Those more or less noxious molecules have to transit through he lymph and blood before being finally eliminated from the body. That’s what we call detoxification, in short “detox” and it is often strongly felt at first, with an intensity declining along the months and years.

When eating cooked food again, the detox stops and we temporarily feel better. But going constantly forth and back puts the body in a wobbly condition which should be avoided as much as possible.

By having a properly, instinctively balanced diet without any incorrect stuff, the detox is normally quite well controlled and supportable. We just feel more tired than usual during some days, feel great again… before another “detox” period comes and so on, but they progressively become less and less intense.

If you haven’t read it yet, I strongly advise you to read GCB’s book, which provides a solid notional base. You may skip Seignalet’s foreword if you find it too theoretical.
http://www.reocities.com/HotSprings/7627/ggindex.html

For the practice, we are here to help. At least we try…  :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 05:21:59 am by TylerDurden »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 05:22:30 am »
You guys on this forum are such a great help. Without you I wouldnt even be attempting to start raw yet. I probably wouldnt even be inspired to stop the processed foods.

Im the kind of anxious person who, without someone to guide, will freak out and fall in and out of old ways. I like that I can seek reassurance and answers from people who know. I mean really know, from years of personal experience. Anyone can make a convincing presentation of their theories, and I know that too well to believe anyone without real experience. Im very critical.

Ill quit it with the cooked foods, I just dont want to fall lower on the scale. Its such a struggle to gain weight.

I just had 30$ worth of sashimi and I feel incredible

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 05:55:13 am »
Ill quit it with the cooked foods, I just dont want to fall lower on the scale. Its such a struggle to gain weight.

I just had 30$ worth of sashimi and I feel incredible

For weight gain I recommend suet. Lots and lots of suet. I think I already recommended this though. But suet is very high in calories.

4 oz has about 1,000 calories. http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-products/3478/2

It's also very filling.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 06:32:34 am »
I read that has an extreme amount of saturated fats. But does the being raw aspect change that? Its so hard to find real information online.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 06:35:47 am »
Raw saturated fat within the context of a raw paleo diet is not the same as cooked saturated fat as part of a junky diet. I eat tons of saturated fat, but never suet, because suet tastes lumpy and dry and it sticks to the roof of my mouth. I eat backfat beef trimmings from my butcher.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 06:41:06 am »
okay Ill see if I can get some of that, thanks

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 07:13:05 am »
do you eat any fermented foods?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 07:32:44 am »
I read that has an extreme amount of saturated fats. But does the being raw aspect change that? Its so hard to find real information online.

Per 106 grams, 59 g saturated, 40 g unsaturated. So about 60% saturated, 40% unsaturated.

I'm not sure how much I agree with there being a huge difference between raw and cooked saturated fat. I'm sure raw is better, but I'm not convinced cooked saturated fat is as damaging as it's made out to be.

If you read this article, you'll see that when the primary cooking fats were of animal origin, rates of heart disease were rare. When vegetable oils were introduced for cooking purposes, that changed rapidly.

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009/05/coronary-heart-disease-epidemic_19.html

"In the U.S. in 1900, the primary cooking fats were lard, beef tallow and butter."

Another factor could be the high omega 6 in those oils. But I think a large component of it is the fact that those oils are being used for high temperature cooking. Since they're unsaturated, they go rancid from heat much more than saturated fats.

But to put your mind at ease. So long as you're eating the fats from natural sources, you should be fine.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 08:31:48 am »
The ability to eat cooked meat must depend on the on so many aspects including efficiency of body systems, mitochondria, micro-flora balance, metal condition, surroundings, light, extremes of hot/cold gorging/hungry sloth/full on exercise etc.

Personally I expect there to be a huge difference between cooked and raw animal fat - the difference in the fatty deposits on the roof of my mouth are really enjoyable raw, but yuck when cooked.

Since we find modern food degenerating it makes sense that original forms of fat would be best.

But then there is a hiarachy of grey between the black and white, and on that scale raw dairy and cooked paleo are up there, and even ice cream is better than pure carbs for many of us (maybe the protein is reducing the sugar AGEs and the fat balancing out blood sugar).

It is interesting how converting to a better diet makes people feel worse for a couple of weeks, just gotta have faith  O0

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 08:34:22 am »
haha alright, thanks guys. Yes, my mind is eased.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 08:50:46 am »
Talya,
you are in a similar position to me in finding that fruit and other carbs are best avoided at the moment, which gives a much smaller range of foods  for us to choose from than many other raw paleo enthusiasts. Since reading chapter extracts from Aajonus Vonderplanitz's book We Want to Live (http://www.chelationtherapyonline.com/anatomy/p30.htm) I have been thinking about buying raw milk again, 2.5 l per week for my boy, and I can make my 2.5 l into sour yoghurt to make it low carb.
Since I need to eat a low carb / high fat living food diet to achieve vibrancy then swapping fruit  for grass fed diary seems fair.
I'm looking forward to receiving AVs book from amazon soon...

Hey what about blending up berries with frozen raw sour yoghurt ans some stevia O0
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:36:13 am by cherimoya_kid »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 04:14:13 pm »
swapping fruit  for grass fed diary seems fair.
I'm looking forward to receiving AVs book from amazon soon...
Hey what about blending up berries with frozen raw sour yoghurt ans some stevia O0

You're obviously mistaken, my friend. Our long term experience in Europe has plainly and repeatedly shown that dairy, even raw and from the best fed animals, is one of the worst foods. You've got to get your immune system out of tolerance for it by strictly avoiding all dairy during several months and then (carefully) try it again to see the damage it does.

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/the-dangers-of-(raw)-dairy-consumption/msg5811/#msg5811

BTW, I'll be again off the whole next week, on another road trip to Portugal.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 05:38:17 pm by Iguana »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 04:25:21 pm »
The reason why cooked saturated fat is a problem is because foods high in such SFAs also have high levels of heat-created toxins in them as a result of cooking, such as advanced glycation end products etc. Raw saturated fat is quite harmless, by contrast(provided it's from a healthy animal, of course).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 11:22:09 pm »
I hate milk, no worries there. I always thought it was a ridiculous thing for us to use. The people that swear by drinking regular milk just make me laugh. Ive gotta ease myself off of the ice cream as quick as I can haha.

Good to know about the saturated fats. I really had a feeling that people were just making something perfectly good into poison. By cooking it. Its kinda a thing they tend to do.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 02:03:48 am »
Iguana, maybe you haven't left yet?  If not, now do you explain the Swiss peoples in the mountains with their herds of goats and cows as having some of the best health and longest living ages?   I don't have first hand experience, just have read accounts.  I still believe the success with dairy has much to do with whether the grass and plants the animals are eating is green and nutrient rich, one still has the types of bacteria in their large intestines to digest lactase, and of course heredity plays a part.  But then maybe,  those swiss weren't drinking the milk,, maybe it was the butter, cream and cheese they were consuming, and the whey went to their farm animals?   or they were making fermented products like kefir etc..  I drank my own goats milk for years.  Eventually I really only drank kefir and yogurts, and soft cheeses.    There was a HUGE difference as to how my body would react to it depending on what time of year (green grass).    I also learned to fully sprout any grains they received.  I grew it in trays for about a week.  They were also let out on sixty acres of pasture and forest, thus ate very little hay, or dried grasses.   They also had free and constant access to dried seaweed. 

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 02:59:15 am »
I’ll be leaving tomorrow morning, so I can still try to answer.

I think it’s Weston Price who pretended that these mountain people in Wallis valleys had the best health ever, but I’m not so sure about it.

They must probably have had a better health then people living in cities down the plains but there are certainly other factors than nutrition involved. Things like unpolluted air, plenty of hard work, long walks and physical activities outside, strong natural selection due to harsh conditions, not excluding a somehow better and more frugal diet than town people, especially with the famous hard and dark whole rye bread instead of wheat white bread. They made raw butter and raw cheese and also probably drank raw milk, which are anyway not as bad as some other foods such as industrial white sugar, something that must have been very rare in those secluded valleys. 

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 11:55:52 am »
Yes, I understand the differences between mountain vs. city air, exercise vs. sedentary city living....  But he did write/ report them as living quite long,  and very healthy. 

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 01:21:19 pm »
Yes, I understand the differences between mountain vs. city air, exercise vs. sedentary city living....  But he did write/ report them as living quite long,  and very healthy. 

They weren't as healthy as the Peruvians or the Maori, though, in terms of cavities and crooked teeth, though.

My guess is that they had good soil, and practiced good soil-building and soil conservation techniques.  I believe Dr. Price says they conserved their soil very carefully in terraces.

Also, the vitamin content of spring dairy, especially vitamin A, is extremely high, and many dairy-eating cultures swear by it.  I think that spring dairy from fresh grass, grown on good soil, can be a pretty good food, assuming that you can tolerate dairy.  Some people, like TylerDurden, can't, so that's to be noted.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 04:38:33 am »
I think vegetables suck. Only time I eat hard vegetables is when they are fermented until they are soft. I dont think humans are meant to be eating such hard foods as vegetables. I feel so much better without them. THe exception for me is celery juice. Do juicing if you want to have veggies or eat things like kimchi or sauerkraut which sit well with me personally.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 04:41:06 am »
I think vegetables suck. Only time I eat hard vegetables is when they are fermented until they are soft. I dont think humans are meant to be eating such hard foods as vegetables. I feel so much better without them. THe exception for me is celery juice. Do juicing if you want to have veggies or eat things like kimchi or sauerkraut which sit well with me personally.

Yeah, I almost never eat hard veggies.  They're too hard for me to digest. 

As far as juicing goes, celery is an excellent addition to sweeter juices like carrot/apple, as a way to keep your blood sugar from spiking too much when the juice hits your intestines.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk