Author Topic: Those With Acne or Who Had Acne  (Read 9556 times)

Offline DameonWolf

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
Those With Acne or Who Had Acne
« on: December 06, 2008, 04:34:55 am »
So I'm starting to break out a bit again, which I expected to happen changing my diet. I'm also not taking a number 2 as often. Once a day or once every other day. So my question is, how do I get rid of the acne in the raw animal food diets and get my digestive system moving smoothly? What foods should I avoid and what foods should I indulge in? I know we're all different, but for those who have had success with acne let me ,know your tricks! So far I've been going at the fish, honey and eggs. I've also had other random things like cheese, sauerkraut, figs, apples, oranges. I seem to be craving carbs BIG time. Like...BIIIIG time. lol. Lots of fruits seem to keep my digestive system moving, but I'm trying to get my body utilizing fats as energy instead of straight carbs.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Those With Acne or Who Had Acne
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 05:10:11 am »
So I'm starting to break out a bit again, which I expected to happen changing my diet. I'm also not taking a number 2 as often. Once a day or once every other day. So my question is, how do I get rid of the acne in the raw animal food diets and get my digestive system moving smoothly? What foods should I avoid and what foods should I indulge in? I know we're all different, but for those who have had success with acne let me ,know your tricks! So far I've been going at the fish, honey and eggs. I've also had other random things like cheese, sauerkraut, figs, apples, oranges. I seem to be craving carbs BIG time. Like...BIIIIG time. lol. Lots of fruits seem to keep my digestive system moving, but I'm trying to get my body utilizing fats as energy instead of straight carbs.

AV said his mother taught him to apply urine to pimples to get rid of them.  That's something paleolithic people would have had.  Some people on give it to me raw do it.  I know, no one wants to hear it, but I hear it works.  Raw animal fats will help your empty your colon once you eat enough of them, they do for me.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline DameonWolf

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 05:15:26 am »
I'll go get me beef fat cuts tonight.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 05:43:26 am »
I'll go get me beef fat cuts tonight.

:)  Great. 

I know acne is hard.  My skin used to be bad.  The colon not moving does make it worse, so it's smart you put both those things in the same post.  How many raw eggs are you drinking, generally, per day?  The eggs too can really help the skin repair and clarity.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline DameonWolf

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 06:01:39 am »
Only had two eggs today. I ran out, lol, gotta keep grabbing more.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 06:17:13 am »
Only had two eggs today. I ran out, lol, gotta keep grabbing more.

If you plan to eat more than a half dozen per day, you might want to buy more than one dozen at a time.  I'm not always good about eating them even everyday anymore.  Within a short time of starting RVAF, I had been eating 8-10 per day everyday.  I'm not good about eating similarly everyday at this time.  I really need eggs right now for other reasons, like what I chanced to eat yesterday.  I'm drinking four whole ones as I type this.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 06:56:01 am »
I used to have REALLY bad acne back in high school. All over my face, arms, back, chest, even some on my stomach.

Unfortunately I was not so smart back then and went on accutane.

After I got off accutane, I still got some zits every once in a while.

Since going raw paleo, that's happened much less.

Applying raw apple cider vinegar or coconut oil has helped me in this regard.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 07:15:55 am »

I used to have lots of cystic acne.  My parents did not know anything but western medicine at that time so I got victimized by steroid injections, steroid creams and accutane.

Today, the ultimate dietary cure for acne with support group is a RAW PALEOLITHIC DIET with the variant WAI DIET.  http://www.curemanual.com/mind-cures-paradigm-shifts/free-acne-book  I used to do Wai Diet myself until I got bored and looked for land animals in my diet.

Of course you must know that acne is caused by toxemia... and to save your life your body resorts to vicarious elimination... through your skin. 

You would have to eliminate cooked food and eat not so large amounts of raw proteins, mostly from ocean fish.  Then you do your detoxes.  You can just follow my eczema / psoriasis and acne cure protocol... it will work... for the diet... choose wai diet initially... when you are truly well... your can adjust to larger quantities of raw animal food.  What you need to do today is cure your toxemia and cure your organs.

See http://www.eczemacure.info/blog/2008/09/02/september-2008-eczema-and-psoriasis-cure-protocol/

You can guarantee yourself you will be cured as long as you read and understand, you will know what to do.  And we acne cured people will always be here to answer your questions.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 08:36:53 am »
    If you plan to eat more than a half dozen per day, you might want to buy more than one dozen at a time.  I'm not always good about eating them even everyday anymore.  Within a short time of starting RVAF, I had been eating 8-10 per day everyday.  I'm not good about eating similarly everyday at this time.  I really need eggs right now for other reasons, like what I chanced to eat yesterday.  I'm drinking four whole ones as I type this.

I just drank a dozen, and am running out the door to get a dozen organic eggs at the all night supermarket, for me (no one else in my home eats egg except my cat a little).   I signed on, cause I remembered something.  Unheated honey heals skin it's applied to.  Try it for your acne, and tell us how it goes.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 10:07:26 pm »
I had moderate acne as a teenager which went away after an Accutane treatment. Interestingly I get pimples sometimes now when I eat something unhealthy, usually just one though. Other than that my skin is pretty clear and also not dry.

JaX

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 02:53:58 am »
I've myself had problems with very dry skin, not so much acne though.

Re skin problems: Add more high quality fats to your diet. Keep eating that fish, meat and those cold pressed oils, stay full at all times. This will prevent carb binges and extreme sugar cravings.

The fact that you are craving carbs big time means your body is not used to producing its own sugars and is craving those simple sugars for energy. Ideally cut out sugars completely for 14 days. The first 7 days are the hardest with cravings, but after 7 days you can fully control it, and after 14 days food just becomes fuel. You'll see what I mean if you choose to try Zero Carb for 14 days to get rid of your cravings. After 14 days you can consciously choose what you want to add back to your diet, instead of letting your sugar cravings decide. This really helped me and I was a real fruit addict.

Don't worry about the frequency of bowel movements for the days your cut out fruit completely. When on or zero carb you are bound to not have bowel movements every day. But don't worry because you shouldn't feel bloated or full either.

After you get rid of your cravings then I'd say add some hydrating fruit low in fructose, if you feel it is needed for your skin.

High sugar Fruit
Apples, Cherries, Grapes, Loganberries, Kumquats, Mangoes, Pears, Pineapple, Pomegranates, Bananas, Figs, Prunes, Dried Fruits, Tangerines, Oranges, Plums

Low to moderate sugar Fruit
Cantaloupe, Rhubarb, Berries, Melons, Tomatoes, Apricots, Grapefruit, Guava, Lemons, Limes, Papayas, Peaches, Raspberries and vegetable-fruits (like avocado, bell peppers, cucumber, are all very low in sugar)

You can find a more detailed list here: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/whatfruit.htm

Eat some easily digested fat with your fruit, such as coconut oil.

Don't forget vegetables either, especially those that grow above ground, they contain virtually no sugar, great for making vegetable juices if you are into that kind of thing.

JaX

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 03:48:25 am »
Oh and a link re oil method for treating acne: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_cleansing_method

livingthelife

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 04:13:23 am »
Oh and a link re oil method for treating acne: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_cleansing_method

I was using the OCM and thought it was successful compared to soap or detergents. The best blend I found was 75% high-linoleic sunflower and 25% castor oil. I used the same mixture for oil pulling. I did still break out and had clogged pores, however. It improved my teen daughter's complexion somewhat.

We both stopped washing our faces recently and use only warm water twice a day and sauna every 2 or 3 days. This has improved our complexions significantly. See my journal for more.

I think acne is an internal issue that must be treated internally, like any infection.

I also think that "drying out" cysts and pimples is a very bad idea. I prefer moist heat to increase circulation and pus accumulation. Gentle massage too. Homeopathy: help the body overcome the infection and dissipate the lesion. A few times that I've had cysts and dried them out with the allopathic approach they just got hard and didn't really go away.

Such a tough problem to cope with, though.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 05:39:00 am »
... Tangerines, Oranges, Plums

Low to moderate sugar Fruit
Cantaloupe, Rhubarb, Berries, Melons, Tomatoes, Apricots, Grapefruit, Guava, Lemons, Limes, Papayas, Peaches, Raspberries and vegetable-fruits (like avocado, bell peppers, cucumber, are all very low in sugar)

You can find a more detailed list here: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/whatfruit.htm

Eat some easily digested fat with your fruit, such as coconut oil.  ...

Raw rhubarb recipe
    The Rhubarb Compendium
    it contains oxalic acid, a corrosive and nephrotoxic acid

I don't mean to be such a stickler Seeker, but I am one.  I clicked on your link, and indeed there, it is listed as fruit.  Have you prepared rhubarb or harvested it?  Rhubarb is said to be toxic to eat raw, I think oxalic acid and too much fiber.  Also, rhubarb looks red celery with chard leaves.  Botanically it is not a fruit.  It is usually served with strawberries and sugar added though, and some cinnamon.  By itself it is extremely sour tasting.  It probably is very good for someone suffering from acne.

Some folks say the finest quality rhubarb is grown in Michigan, Ontario, Canada, and other northern states in the United States. Fresh rhubarb is available from early winter through early summer. Winter rhubarb is commercially produced in forcing houses in Michigan and Ontario. <sup>5 </sup>

Offline Kristelle

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 08:08:50 pm »
I think the best cure for acne is very low carb and plenty of animal fat.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 03:23:55 am »
I had acne on my back and arms and face. 
Went raw paleo and it all went away.
If I go off diet, my hormones get all screwed up and it starts to come back.

Although, I was eating pretty high sugar and lots of fruits in the beginning of raw paleo. My acne still was pretty much all gone.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 03:25:47 am by Sully »

JaX

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 04:23:07 am »
    Raw rhubarb recipe
    The Rhubarb Compendium
    it contains oxalic acid, a corrosive and nephrotoxic acid

I don't mean to be such a stickler Seeker, but I am one.  I clicked on your link, and indeed there, it is listed as fruit.  Have you prepared rhubarb or harvested it?  Rhubarb is said to be toxic to eat raw, I think oxalic acid and too much fiber.  Also, rhubarb looks red celery with chard leaves.  Botanically it is not a fruit.  It is usually served with strawberries and sugar added though, and some cinnamon.  By itself it is extremely sour tasting.  It probably is very good for someone suffering from acne.

Some folks say the finest quality rhubarb is grown in Michigan, Ontario, Canada, and other northern states in the United States. Fresh rhubarb is available from early winter through early summer. Winter rhubarb is commercially produced in forcing houses in Michigan and Ontario. <sup>5 </sup>

You're right about that one. I got the list with high/low sugar fruits from a website though I forgot to take rhubarb out.

But rhubarb is a tricky one!
Q: Is rhubarb a fruit or a vegetable?

A: Rhubarb is in fact a vegetable, one of the most unusual because it is eaten with sugar. The identity of rhubarb has vexed gardeners and chefs for years, so much so in fact, that a in 1947 a US court ruled it was a fruit.

And you're right about eating it raw... Bad idea. Even though it Seems that it can be eaten raw in smaller quantities, I don't think it's an ideal food or even an appetizing dish.

To be honest it even looks toxic to me.. Just that ugly red color is like signaling "don't eat me".

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 12:00:52 am »
You would have to eliminate cooked food and eat not so large amounts of raw proteins, mostly from ocean fish.  

GS, could you elaborate that a bit further? Sorry. Smoking has lowered my I.Q.

So what's the max amount of protein I should consume daily?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk