Author Topic: Day Zero  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Eva_R

• Forager
    • View Profile
Day Zero
« on: January 12, 2013, 07:06:47 pm »
Greetings all,

My name is Eva, I am 30. This is day zero for me, a chance to work out some kinks before i get started, like do some shopping for good meat. I tried being a raw vegan for three months and it ended up with me lying on my bed barely able to move, having suffered from a 3-month long congestive cold with a series of long lasting flus on top of that, not to mention near death depression and demonic mood swings. If you don't feel you have the courage to cuss someone out in public in the most fierce and vicious way, and you would like to do this, perhaps trying a raw vegan diet might do the trick for you in giving you an extra dose aggression, albeit unstable. I know the raw vegan diet works wonders for some, but it did not work for me, so this time I am adding meat. 

I'm curious what it will taste like raw.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 07:16:59 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Day Zero
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 07:25:42 pm »
I'm curious what it will taste like raw.
Welcome amongst us!

Raw meat can taste very different whether it is fresh, matured, somewhat dried or very high. Fresh beef is rather bland for me while 1 or 2 months matured (hung in fridge) wild boar or venison has a very strong smell and taste which is very appetizing when you need it. Interestingly, people on a cooked diet feel that it horrifyingly stinks when the same smell is fine and mouth-watering for me!

BTW, I read in one of your other posts that you plan to still drink coffee and tea. Sounds odd to me because stopping coffee is certainly a highest priority, something I fortunately did 48 years ago. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:11:04 am by TylerDurden »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 11:12:31 pm »
anything that taxes your liver will cause anger and depression, vegetable oils are the best at doing this, but caffeine, alcohol obviously, dehydration, too many carbs, stress, lack of sleep (especially between 9pm-5/6am, you need to be in deep sleep between 1-4 to heal the liver).  eat liver to heal the liver! start with lightly cooked if that is more palateable, or perhaps bolt down some frozen but into small tabs ala weston a price suggestions.  eat lots of egg yolks and citrus juice dressed green salads.  start out with lightly cooked meats, any kind just make sure they are good quality, raw fish is excellent and easier for folks to palate and also full of omega 3's, invest in blue ice fermented cod liver oil, which after a high veggie and nut diet will help to bring your omega 3:6 ration back into a better balance.  get a good probiotic or eat fermented foods so you can digest and assimilate your food properly
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:11:44 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Eva_R

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 04:31:43 pm »
Thank you for the great advice, even about coffee :) 

That's a good way to get raw yolk down, make a dressing of it, and I would like to try that. I was considering for breakfast tomorrow to blend the eggs and guzzle them down. This morning I stared at my raw eggs and nearly gagged, then I cooked them some and slurped it all down. It definitely needs some tart to it.  I had a few raw nuts and tea with some zero carb whipping cream to taste for dinner. If I continue avoiding the meat in my fridge eventually I will be so hungry my mouth will start watering for it. I will visit the red slab of raw beef (grass fed) in my fridge, maybe even for breakfast before the weekend is over.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk