Author Topic: Adjusting  (Read 3621 times)

Offline katabrea

• Forager
    • View Profile
Adjusting
« on: January 28, 2013, 08:54:15 am »
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and RPD. I ate cooked paleo for almost 2 years. I had some rough times and fell back to SAD. Mostly because it was easier to just give in to every temptation when I have been fighting so hard in other area's of my life. Well, my back pain is back, my headaches, bloating, skin irritation, and other general not so good issues. I have been considering RPD for almost a year now, for the health benefits. I have tried to ease in this last week. I have had raw liver, raw steak, raw eggs... But my question is: Does anyone have any suggestions on how to adjust to room temperature food? I like room temperature or hot drinks and food I prefer hot. I have never been a fan of a cold meal (other than a hoagie.) I like hot meals. I have been trying to adjust but the temp is what makes me want to eat anything else that is warm in my house. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Adjusting
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 09:07:54 am »
Hi. Welcome and congrats on making the switch to RAF.

I think it'll just take some getting used to. Switching from cooked foods to raw foods is a big change. And there's a lot of "programming" you need to forget about.

Something else I'll throw out there is to get enough calories. A mistake a lot of newbies make is thinking raw meats, and eggs are going to be filling enough. Raw meat alone isn't going to provide a lot of calories. So early on you'll  think you're having cravings, but really you just haven't had enough calories. Not that you won't get cravings, but they won't be as bad if you're eating lots of fats and getting enough calories.

Again as far as getting used to room temperature foods, I think it'll just take time.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:06:20 am »
>> But my question is: Does anyone have any suggestions on how to adjust to room temperature food?

I suggest:

Put your refrigerated meat in a toaster oven.
Set the toaster oven to low.
Then heat for 5 mins or less.

If you have time, you can always just expose your food to room temperature, whatever room temperature is. (it's usually 20s to 33 Celsius in Manila)

If you are personally cold, get a hot water bag and hold it or put your feet on it.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 11:45:42 am »
Sometimes we have to outsmart our habits or else they begin to argue against our intentions. You might try this argument: All food warms up or cools down to body temperature right after you eat it, so there's no need to concern ourselves with its temperature at the point of entry (mouth).
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 02:43:42 pm »
You could cook the meat at a very low temperature and then gradually reduce the cooking temperature over a period of time until you can eat the raw meat at room temperature with enjoyment.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 11:31:38 am »
maybe use a dehydrator at a low temp setting?

Offline Healthysmile

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 08:11:38 am »
Could you maybe mix your food so half is room temperature and half is warm and then slowly decrease the amount of warm food?

CitrusHigh

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 11:40:05 am »
Its actually really easy to take the chill off of meat. I know exactly what you mean, and to many people there is just nothing appealing about a cold hunk of meat. So get a skillet, put your burner on med. Put your meat in the pan on the burner, then proceed to flip the met over and over, this process takes 2-5 minutes to draw out the bulk of the cold,  depending on meat thickness and temp of your burner. If you shut your burner off before it gets too hot you will do hardly any damage to the meat, except for the outer mm which will have some enzyme and flora damage. There is no reason to eat cold meat, most animals in the wild eat fresh wriggling warm prey, its natural to eat it at body temp, and I would argue, most delicious there too, as far as raw goes anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk