Author Topic: Supplement: MSM  (Read 10242 times)

Offline Suoaei

• Forager
    • View Profile
Supplement: MSM
« on: January 28, 2013, 10:52:52 am »
It seems like there's kind of an ongoing debate about supplements on this forum, so without going too deeply into that debate I would like to ask if anybody has experience with the supplement called MSM.
Usually I don't take supplements of any kind, but my friend gave me this MSM because it's supposed to help people with joint inflammation. I haven't tried it yet. I am aware that I only get joint inflammation when I eat cooked food or too much grain. But, sometimes I choose to eat these things even knowing that it will hurt later... and I was thinking, what if I just took the supplement to avoid pain in those situations?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Supplement: MSM
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:53:55 am »
I am aware that I only get joint inflammation when I eat cooked food or too much grain.

Me, too. I use the joint pain to keep me on the straight and narrow. I have a friend on cooked paleo who takes turmeric and ginger all the time for her arthritis. I guess you can experiment and find out if MSM works for an occasional screw-up.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 01:36:05 am »
There is a number of things that get rid of joint pain, but my # 1 defence is no grains.

However when I do fall off the wagon, here is my defence.

1. Read the book "Earthing" or go to the websites about how to ground yourself in a house  or best of all walk barefoot outside on damp earth or sand for 1/2 hour a day.

2. Use an SCENAR device (Avazzia is one brand name) to get rid of the pain
Cheers
Al

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 03:51:11 am »
gelatin and bone broths helped me out a lot with joint pain.  i think all of the sulphur compounds in the bones and tissues are leached out into the broth and part of the gelatin

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 04:00:42 am »
Thoughts?

''MSM and The Mucous System's Role

The mucous system in our nasal passages flushes bacteria and viral particles into our stomach where the HCl Acid should kill them. Any that get through to a normal gut should eventually be excreted. Of course a Leaky Gut will let them into the bloodstream.

Research has shown that, when available to it in sufficient levels, MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane appears to coat all the mucus membranes of the body, creating a shield through which:

Air-borne allergy-causing contaminants such as household dust (mite faeces), pollens etc. can be shielded from entering the tissue of the lungs and nasal passages, thus reducing the affects of hay fever and asthma.
Industrial contaminants such as exhaust gasses, solvents etc. are also hindered.
Parasites, such as Cryptosporidium, giardia, salmonella, even hookworm can be dissuaded from entering the walls of the stomach and intestines. This coating can also provide a hostile living environment for parasites.
Provide a shield to prevent the roots of the candida yeast culture from penetrating the intestine wall, thus reducing the severity of this disease.
Undigested food and toxins are deterred from entering the blood stream through a leaky gut thus reducing one of the most common causes of allergies and auto-immune diseases. Given time, MSM will start to repair the damage causing the gut to leak.''
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline DonJon

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 01:48:32 am »
Does anyone know a good msm supplement that the body can recognize as not foreign/ does not cause any inflamation as many supplements do?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 06:32:46 am »
Go to an animal feed supply house. It is the same as human and usually cheaper.
Cheers
Al

Offline DonJon

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 07:19:04 am »
I don't care about the price, I'm just looking for the highest quality supplement.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 07:36:46 am »
It's the same stuff. They give it to animals like horses to speed recovery of injuries.

Paying more does not increase quality necessarily.

BTW do not take for more than a month at a stretch. Take max of 1500 mg day
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk