Author Topic: Most important books  (Read 9089 times)

Offline Suoaei

• Forager
    • View Profile
Most important books
« on: February 04, 2013, 11:42:00 am »
Could we get a list going of the most important books for a new RAFer to read? I mean the really big, life-changing, revolutionary books that set the foundations for RAF diets. I saw mention of an instincto book that I'd like to read; I myself have read Aajonus's books and some Weston Price.
I'm hoping that this list can really be specific--just the five or ten really big, really foundational books for starting out. Maybe we can have a different topic where we can post all our other favorite books?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Most important books
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 05:14:17 pm »
I saw mention of an instincto book that I'd like to read;
It's freely available on line :
http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/instinctoanopsology/who-has-read-gc-burger%27s-first-book/msg54350/#msg54350
http://www.reocities.com/HotSprings/7627/ggindex.html

The most important for me, with a rational, scientific approach. But it nevertheless reads well and is often humorous. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 05:22:31 pm »
There was a book by Dr Edward Howell on enzymes. He advocted a partially-raw diet supplemented by enzymes to get rid of some of the effects of a cooked diet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 05:26:54 pm »
a partially-raw diet supplemented by enzymes.

It doesn't look like a fundamental breakthrough, does it?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 06:00:19 pm »
It doesn't look like a fundamental breakthrough, does it?
It was the first rawish  book focusing on enzymes.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 12:23:33 am »
We Want to Live by AAjonus Vonderplanitz is the most important book in my opinion.

-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 02:28:42 am »
There was a book by Dr Edward Howell on enzymes. He advocted a partially-raw diet supplemented by enzymes to get rid of some of the effects of a cooked diet.

I second that recommendation.

There aren't many well written books on eating a fully raw diet which includes raw animal foods.

However Dr. Howell's book on enzymes does have a lot of info in support of why raw foods are better.

I also recommend "VItamin K2 and The Calcium Paradox" by Dr. Kate Rheaume-Bleue. The book doesn't recommend raw anything. However she advocates all the foods we advocate and seek out to eat raw - pastured eggs, grass fed animals, the dark yellow/orange animal fats from pastured animals, etc. While she doesn't advocate eating them raw, she gives good reason for why we should include them. While also giving reference to Weston Price.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 03:18:01 am »
Nutrition and Physical Degeneration is a good one to read if you are serious about wanting to be an expert on the subject. Dr. Price got some stuff wrong, but his study of traditional diets was groundbreaking.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 03:43:28 am »
Primal Body, Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudas. Her book is the only one I know of that talks in terms of paleo principles and also advocates for a mostly raw diet.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 03:54:45 am »
Victor Schauberger's book "Living Water" changes my mind http://www.amazon.com/Living-Water-Schauberger-Secrets-Natural/dp/0717133907
bugs or country chickens

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 04:17:22 am »
Sex at Dawn
The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality -eBook
Christopher Ryan, PhD, and Cacilda Jethá, MD

Utterly relevant to life in paleolithic times and how agriculture totally changed the social organization, for the worst.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk