Author Topic: Hot Water  (Read 1542 times)

Offline rightcoast

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hot Water
« on: February 12, 2013, 12:09:56 am »
Hey, Everyone!  I have been reading the many informative and helpful posts here for the past year; and have finally decided to join in on the discussions. 
One of the topics I haven't seen much information about is the consumption of hot drinks.  I definitely understand and have experienced the negative effects of too many caffeinated beverages ( I really enjoyed that Coffee discussion); my concern is more with the actual temperatures of beverages.  Although I have never experienced any real problem with drinking hot water or tea, I always have the feeling that it could not possibly be good to be ingesting high temperature water.  Could it affect gut bacteria or teeth mineralization? I was curious if anyone here has any personal experience with this subject?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Water
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 12:29:13 am »
Boiled water is sterilized and we don't want to ingest anything of that kind. There are organic molecules and often bacterias in most waters: we want to eat them alive!

Heating of those organic compounds will produce Maillard's molecules, some of which are noxious. Not as many as in cooked foods, but a few anyway. 

Welcome, BTW!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk