Author Topic: Quorum Sensing: How Bacteria Communicate  (Read 3532 times)

CitrusHigh

Quorum Sensing: How Bacteria Communicate
« on: February 12, 2013, 04:44:12 am »
Link to a ted talks video

She is super excited about bacteria, and microbes are at the foundation of our way of eating...
Link 1
http://www.ted.com/talks/bonnie_bassler_on_how_bacteria_communicate.html

Link 2
Bacterial Quorum Sensing in Plain English
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:51:35 am by Thoth »

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Quorum Sensing: How Bacteria Communicate
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 07:15:03 am »
Yes, too bad Bonnie is buying into the idea of fighting them off to "cure" disease.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 12:07:17 pm »
Her and 99% of those doing the science that investigates the mechanics of our way of eating, unfortunately to take advantage of the advances in the field we're going to have to put up with a little peripheral bullshit.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 01:21:33 pm »
Oh there are times you really have to fight / kill bacteria. 
It is a case to case basis.
I've seen that several times.
I've got stuff that will address gram positive bacteria, and stuff to address gram negative bacteria.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

CitrusHigh

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 11:50:33 pm »
Care to qualify that GS?

CitrusHigh

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 11:53:07 pm »
Respectfully, if you are capable define pathogens and then give me some non-arbitrary characteristics and attributes of a true blue pathogen.

Also, whats your criteria for distinguishing between causes and effects, or detox and so called infection?

This is an open request for anyone reading. Can you provide evidence that the symptoms you witness with a given 'microbe related' condition are invasive and not reconstructive and protective/purgative?

For my part, as I simulate in my mind, the way life likely began, all these microbes developing,changing, and most importantly COMBINING, to produce very complex symbiontic  (that may not be a word but it should be) life forms. That's supposedly what your mitochodria are, stationary remnants of free-living bacteria that bonded with us like a mutherfucker. Same thing with the viral components of yourrrr genome.

To me, the evidence speaks at least equally of cooperation as it does competition. And possibly moreso. Life works together at the molecular level with such beauty, intricacy, and complexity that it is literally mind boggling to consider. Just picking one component like a receptor or a biochemical signal contains years worth of study...and then when we think we know so much, we get thrown a curve ball like the results of the human genome project which are still befuddling scientists up to this moment.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 12:09:25 am by Thoth »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 08:27:15 am »
Example 1.

When my son was healing from his intestinal damages, his eczema changed to something very itchy and very painful. He was on raw paleo diet at this time and was doing well, except for his legs. 

I then turned to looking for opportunistic infections.  Was lucky to see the bacteria on his legs glow in the dark.  Suspecting a type of gram negative bacteria on it.

So I looked for a gram negative bacterial cream / ointment in the market.  This particular drug was not available in the USA market.  We applied that cream on the glow in the dark areas / bacterial areas and immediately found relief... and in a week he was no longer in pain, in 2 weeks the gram negative bacterial infection was gone.

The names of the bacteria and the creme escape me now.  I'm out at my children's school.  Maybe later.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 08:53:09 am »
Example 2

My then 3 year old daughter was in so much nape (back of the neck) pain.
We went to the bone setters and chiropractors and no relief... she was crying for 3 days.
A western medical nurse friend advised me to get a blood test to find out the infection / encephalitis germ to be able to identify it and kill it.
I thought to myself that I had a broad spectrum pocket sized don croft zapper and that I did not need to identify the culprit.
So I turned on the zapper and zapped her on her nape.
20 mins. on, 7 off, 20 on, 7 off, 20 on
So after 3 days of suffering... but after that roughly 1 hour of zapping, she finally stopped crying.
The pain went away.
Whatever germ that was, was gone now.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 11:55:21 am »
Thats all fine and good GS, but that is hearsay, none of us, nor even you, are 100% certain about what was going on with your boy. The body does the work, we just help or hinder, depending on our lifestyle and behaviour.

What Im talking about is rock solid reasons why herpes or any other microbe should be considered a pathogen, on the molecular level. For example, an attribute Dyer would identify for viruses is that they have a luxurious protein coat to protect them in between hosts. I disagree that that is a relevent marker, but she thinks it is.

This is how I would like our community to start thinking in terms of. Actual, observable, non arbitrary evidence. This way we sound, cogent and informed when we try to convey our position to others and explain the workings.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 12:33:08 pm »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 02:19:26 pm »
I have a 3rd example that will convince you.  This involves a LOT of people.

10 people in the house:

2 raw paleo dieters - did not get sick
8 people SAD dieters - all got varying heights of debilitating tummy aches (in the same day)

We all go to the BEAM RAY professional to treat 8 sick people.
Us 2 raw paleo dieters went with them too to be sure.

DAY 1
#1 suspect - Amoeba from dirty home water filter.  Beam ray for some 4 hours or more.  5 people get well.
( shows without a shadow of a doubt that those 5 had amoeba / protozoa giving them problems )

But there were 3 people still sick.   So these 3 go back the next day for more beam ray treatment
1 was mildly sick
2 were deathly sick

DAY 2
#2 suspect - PSUEDOMONAS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudomonas a gram negative bacteria
Upon switching the beam ray machine to the pseudomonas frequency... those 2 deathly sick women... within 30 minutes get immensely well in front of our eyes!

We go back lunch to the house (with the complete complement of 10 people) and the entire household celebrates in relief as they had thought those 2 women were going to die.  And did not expect them to get that immensely well really super fast.

What this has taught me.

#1 Germs / Pathogens are real and they can kill you if you aren't armed to the teeth.
(without a shadow of a doubt, Pseudomonas was positively identified by beam ray and eliminated on the spot.)

#2 Raw Paleo Diet can make you somewhat immune as 2 of us (me and my boy) were on raw paleo diet at that time.
(I was not immune to chicken pox on raw paleo diet).

I'm convinced because I was there.  And my wallet is convinced because I paid for the beam ray treatments. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk