Author Topic: Chewing of raw meat  (Read 7636 times)

Offline mango

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Chewing of raw meat
« on: February 14, 2013, 12:37:20 pm »
Hi Peoples :)
I've slowly been transitioning to more raw ZC, and usually eat almost all my ground beef about 70% raw/30% cooked on the outsides ( usually cook a big patty for about 60 seconds on each side, and leave the inside tender).

When eating raw meat, is it necessary to completely chew the meat before swallowing? I notice that if I do half the chewing and just swallow (maybe after 10-15 bites), then it goes down much easier and with less thought.  And maybe by chewing less I can decrease the cooking time and get used to even more raw meat.

Mind sharing on average how many bites you chew your food before swallowing? :)
Thanks!

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Chewing of raw meat
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 01:15:58 pm »
Stomach acid digests meat of any sized chunks. Chew or cut the meat so you don't choke on it.

Me? I love chewing - it gives me satisfaction to chew meat. Ground meat is disgusting, IMO. But, to each his own.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 01:57:34 am »
if you let it air out and age in your refrigerator, in my experience, becomes easier to chew.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 03:14:30 am »
The foods I like I chew. Like beef, lamb, buffalo, goat. But for stuff I don't like, like raw beef fat for example. I typically don't chew and swallow it with some water. I do that with other foods I don't like too, like liver and high meat. I just can't get myself to swallow those w/o water.

Stomach acid digests meat of any sized chunks. Chew or cut the meat so you don't choke on it.

Just cut it up into sizes small enough to swallow so you don't choke.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 05:18:50 am »
Most RPDers prefer to chew as little as possible. I instinctively chew once and then bolt the meat down. Only rarely do I chew more than that, and then only when thinking of something else.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline mango

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 02:26:43 am »
Thanks for all the responses :)

Really surprised to hear that you can chew once and swallow - I will have to give that a try sometime soon :)!

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 03:43:20 am »
Most RPDers prefer to chew as little as possible. I instinctively chew once and then bolt the meat down. Only rarely do I chew more than that, and then only when thinking of something else.

If it's when thinking of something else, isn't it the automatic, normal  way? Bolting insufficiently chewed  food is painful, showing us we've done a mistake. I wonder how you can do that and feel no pain in the throat. Do you cut your meat in very small pieces?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 03:48:27 am »
The foods I like I chew. Like beef, lamb, buffalo, goat. But for stuff I don't like, like raw beef fat for example. I typically don't chew and swallow it with some water. I do that with other foods I don't like too, like liver and high meat. I just can't get myself to swallow those w/o water.

Just cut it up into sizes small enough to swallow so you don't choke.

No animal would ever swallow (even more so with water!) something he doesn't like. You're certainly doing repeated mistakes.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 05:23:56 am »
I feel good when I eat raw beef fat. I also take supplements with water after a raw meal, something else an animal wouldn't do.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline panacea

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 12:21:32 pm »
Statement: Pain and pleasure are poor indicators of what is healthy/unhealthy for us.

Logic: Modern food is engineered to fool our senses and create addiction. Cultural upbringing to modern foods or natural foods unnaturally processed/heated creates habitual pleasures that would otherwise not exist.

Closure statement: Obviously.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 09:24:17 pm »
Even animals can learn to prefer cooked food. Pet cats that never get to hunt live prey are especially prone to this.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 09:59:17 pm »
I would listen to Iguana and not eat foods you do not like the taste of.

I actually like the high meat I make sometimes... if it tastes like blue cheese... yummy.

I like, enjoy, liver when I get the good ones that mature to extreme yumminess in a few days to a week or more in the refrigerator. 

I like different durians immensely... but I have an almost raw paleo diet healer friend who does not like the smell nor the taste of durians.  He does not bother eating durian because he knows durian is most likely incompatible with his body chemistry. 
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk