Author Topic: Matt Monarch Waffles!  (Read 10257 times)

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Matt Monarch Waffles!
« on: February 15, 2013, 10:31:16 pm »
[youtube]Why Cooked Food is Better Than Raw Food[/youtube]

This is annoying to me because currently I am in dire straits and I don't get very much choice in what I get to eat, though I have been eating "whole" foods... I really feel like shit, my teeth are starting to hurt. I am looking forward to being in a better situation where I can go back on an all raw diet.

I haven't experienced anything he claims about what a raw food diet is like... really pointing strongly to the idea that humans are naturally carnivores, at least from my perspective.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Monarch Waffles!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 08:06:32 am »
i am pretty sure this dude is raw vegan, i would never wish raw vegan on anyone either!

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 11:23:26 am »
 One thing to remember about these 'raw food teachers', or for that matter, any teacher,  where would they be without their students?   Or in other words, what would sustain them, or give them the excuse to spend their lives seeking perfection with diet.  And I can almost guarantee you, that most if not all, will say eat one thing this year, and the next year another food, or type of regime.  Their students give them the reason to go on as Mark says to create and face such extremes.   And I do understand the service part of what they think they are offering humanity. 
    From the time I began rawness in '73,  I heard the same thing,  that a clean diet will allow you to be sensitive to higher spiritual powers.   It's a trap.  They are pointing to some thing that you are now supposed to attain.  But the truth is it's already inside you, as we know.  No need to do or go anywhere.  That kind of talk can steer people astray for years in that seeking/attaining kind of belief system,,  if I just fast one more time,  I'll see or attain...
   The truth in the matter is that raw food vegans, especially those consuming high fruit diets, juices included due to their glycemic nature, create all sorts of problems in the mental realm.  Like relaxing, trusting,  focusing, feeling loved, and most of all developing the ability to accept things as they are,, without the constant mental drone of how to make it more perfect. 
     I hope this made some sense to you.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 11:25:00 am »
I do want to add,  I liked his honesty, and his willingness to put himself out there.  Looks to be a most interesting guy.

Offline l0rdcha0s

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 12:19:38 pm »
i am pretty sure this dude is raw vegan, i would never wish raw vegan on anyone either!
I agree. This guy has to be raw vegan. It's like their heart is in the right place eating raw, but their knowledge of simple human biology and physiology (dealing with diet) is so messed up. Feel sorry for them. The things he talked about may be true for raw vegans by I have never experienced this on a RPD diet.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 06:57:16 pm »
I find that Matt Monarch looks more and more like Gabriel Cousens.

I always have to laugh about his enema enthusiasm. If he really lives on nut butter with all the enzyme inhibitors plus tons of plant cellulose it's no surprise to me that he needs enemas several times a week.

Löwenherz

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 12:55:23 am »
Yes, that's my point,  They can never be clean enough,, always more to eliminate.  Gosh I did my share of that.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 10:24:04 pm »
    From the time I began rawness in '73,  ...

Van,

you are on a raw diet since 1973 ??

Löwenherz

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Matt Monarch Waffles! Raw Vegan and Colonics everyday... very very wrong
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 11:05:37 am »
Raw Vegan and Colonics everyday... very very wrong.

He is speaking from his own experience.

My personal recommendation is to do the detox protocols first before going into a raw food diet so your detoxing is done prior to raw food.

And of course raw vegan if needed in your illness is temporary.

Raw Paleo Rocks.  With no emotional issues.
If need be to socialize there are always fruits, and lightly seared meats and sashimi.

Someone tell Matt Monarch to switch to Raw Paleo.

Well, yes I agree about the hamburger thing, I'm not eating that crap.  No freaking way.

And if I do because of a big business deal, I take probiotics when I get home.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 12:49:20 pm »
yes, raw since then, But, did do a year or two on Macrobiotics inbetween.   

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
VAN 40 years Raw. Need your story!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 01:59:22 pm »
Van, 40 years on raw.

Where can we read your testimonial and journey so far?  The gossipy details of how 40 years of raw has been for you?

We youngsters need to learn from elders like you.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:17:41 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 09:29:29 pm »
yes, raw since then, But, did do a year or two on Macrobiotics inbetween.   

Wow, that's a very long time!

Either your avatar picture is very old or you look much much younger than your age.

How many years are you eating a raw paleo diet based on animal fats?

Löwenherz

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 07:07:10 am »
The pic is  one and half years old.  Gs the only real something I may have to offer, is that we all want to think that "now i have found the right diet"... can't tell you how many times that happened with me.  The mind is very powerful, and couple that with our need to feel safe, healthy/free from dying, and it can trick you over and over.   Almost all of those years were without the aide of the internet, so most info back then came from those little books you get at the health food store, that anyone can make and distribute.  And going raw suited my personality, one of needing to be different.   
  Most of those years were raw, and a lot of raw vegan.  I was lucky when I could find raw goats milk.  Lucky from the view point of not truly starving myself.   For about ten years I had my own grass fed goats, and still have chickens/ducks on pasture.  Had been to France at the Instincto castle five times over as many years,  about 15 to twenty years ago.  Even though they offered raw fat, it wasn't promoted as a calorie source, as I use it now.  Can still remember watching a woman ( who someone said was very sick) eat fat scraps off a cutting board with a knife and fork, and thought,  "now that's the grossest thing in the world".   Again, the mind is very powerful  They were so keen on fruits; gorging on durian, mangoes, dates, sapotes, different honeys from all over,, all layed out, so easy to eat right up.      So it's really only been about seven or eight years since I've given up using sugar for energy and have switched to fat.  So far, it's been my saving grace.  For I tend to believe that you can only go on for so long eating fruits/sugar/carbs before it catches up with you (insulin and leptin resistance etc).  And I underline the fact that I had definitely abused my body with fruit juice fasts, and believing that fruits were the ultimate way to god.... or even just an ideal diet. 
   Here's something that might interest you.  I am an amputee, left below knee.  ( I'm the guy who created Oscar's legs).  I have a very delicate fit within my leg.  If I eat more than a little fruit, the size of the limb/stump will almost immediately decrease and I will settle further into the socket, which will cause uncomfortableness.  I interpret this immediate response as indicating that sugars cause a weakening of tissues/cells (or the hormonal response) on a level that most can't notice. 
  It was the author of I think it's called Bible Life, who wrote about zero carb, where he said most will continue to suffer overeating foods that they find tasty than to admit they are causing themselves harm.  That shook me up.
   I am not saying low or near low carb is for everyone,  hey, my grandmother lived happily till 100 and her dad till 105, but for those who have have abused themselves with fruit 'abuse' it's certainly has turned my life around.  Just the mental clarity and inner peace is worth it for me. 

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 02:27:10 pm »
   Here's something that might interest you.  I am an amputee, left below knee.  ( I'm the guy who created Oscar's legs).  I have a very delicate fit within my leg. 

Hi Van,
Fascinating. One learns something every day!
Can I ask what is the name of your prosthetic limb business?
Kind wishes, J
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 03:30:28 pm by Wattlebird »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 01:15:58 am »
In 2000, we; Flex-Foot sold to an Icelandic company called Ossur.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 12:23:42 pm »
Van, I had no idea you had been doing raw that long.  I knew you had mentioned being raw as far back as the late 90s, but I had no idea you went that far back with it.

I'd love it if you would post more often.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 04:25:28 pm »
Van, you look very young for someone who must be at least in their 50's :)

Can you please describe your typical daily meals - how much fat, meats, greens? How many meals? What times of the day generally?

Currently I am eating 2 bowls a day of chopped fatty meat / liver / kidney etc, butter (cooked), cucumber / celery / broccoli, pinch of salt, and a sauce of 2 eggs. I guess that this is probably too high in protein and too low in fat to provide the ideal ketogenic diet that you are talking about, plus the butter is cooked so that is non-ideal...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 04:31:29 pm by alive »

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 07:09:40 pm »
Van, you look very young for someone who must be at least in their 50's :)

YES, Van, tell us more about your story and your transition from a high sugar instincto diet to a raw paleo low carb diet.

Löwenherz

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 07:55:29 am »
Isnt instincto also paleo?

and van, do you do dairy anymore? If not where do you get most of your fat and do you drink vegetable juice or water.
-----------

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 09:19:29 am »
All ten goats have dried up, and living out their lives on fifty acres of grass....  So no dairy, but this last week I am enjoying Miller's Farm raw cream, butter, and collostrum.  Of course they taste great, and want to see what happens.  The butter could be a good staple while traveling.  In the past I had tried frozen butter, which I didn't do well on. 
    I get any extra marrow bones and back fat from a local slaughter house.  So I am lucky that I'm able to get that.    Lately I am doing something a little different.  I am experimenting with urine therapy.  Maybe thirty years ago I was really sick with Hepatitis and drank nothing but urine and water for three days and was 'healed' completely.  So yes,  I am a believer.  Every so many years I get re-interested in it again, as i am now.  What I noticed and is making an impression on me at the moment is the taste, smell, and color of my urine when I eat foods.  I think it has the ability to be quite a good feedback system.   For instance, if I eat more than four or five ounces of meat, my urine becomes strong and acidic, and isn't very pleasant.  Below that amount it is fine.   With that information, more and more it makes sense what Rosedale writes as to how toxic excess protein is.  He advises spreading your protein intakes between at least three meals.  The reason is that any more protein needed for repair and maintenance is burned and converted to sugar, but the byproducts ( I forget exactly the names) the body has to get rid of,, hence the strong urine.  So, the urine does indeed tell you if you've consumed more than needed.     I also bought a water distiller, so that I could start with pure h2o and add back my own ionic minerals from a sea based source.  So  much better tasting.  Right now I tend to believe it's a crap shoot with what minerals and what balances and how 'inorganic' the minerals are in your choice of water.   I could say more on that if anyone is interested.     Also I have been eating my protein and fats at separate meals.   It really tells me how much fat I want.  Mixing it, it is so easy to eat more than one would want when eating it separately.  I also am enjoying the idea and reality of,  since eating smaller meals, never really feeling slowed down by eating, that I don't have to rest or relax after eating, and of the sense that each meal is completely digested.   
  Back to the urine therapy,  I had never really drank it throughout the day, except for the time I fasted on it when I had Hep.    You could ask me in a month or two of what I think the results will then be.  I do tend to think that along with distilled water with only ionic minerals added and urine, excess mineral deposits can be cleared out.  As well as a daily reinforcement of my immune system to really go after latent viruses etc.   I'll let you know.  Oh, one thing is for sure,  drinking urine before bed and if waking up in the middle of the night to pee or thirsty, really puts you to sleep.  A nice luxury. One without the aftermath of sleeping pills. 

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 07:54:18 am »
I used to do a lot of urine therapy back when I was a raw vegan.  I consider it to mainly be a way to recover lost hormones and mineral salts and other things that vegans aren't getting enough of.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk