Author Topic: How safe is raw liver  (Read 3478 times)

Offline bish8303

• Forager
    • View Profile
How safe is raw liver
« on: February 25, 2013, 05:34:17 am »
Realising Liver and steak are not the same would i be wrong in assuming since eating liver "rare" and not suffering any issues i could of had the same liver raw without a problem also?

If i have the same chance of catching something eating it rare then i might as well forego the fortnight freezing just to eat it rare.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: How safe is raw liver
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 06:46:57 am »
Raw meats are all fine to eat raw, even raw  organ-meats like  raw liver. All that matters is that the liver comes from a healthy source. If you overeat the raw liver in huge amounts, all that may happen is that the body may expel the stuff via the bowels in a big way, nothing more.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 07:10:33 am »
This thread http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/carnivorous-zero-carb-approach/beef-liver/ clarifies what is meant by a healthy animal.

Since you mention "catching something," it's worth saying that animals who forage in rural or suburban agricultural areas might not be that healthy due to eating where agricultural chemicals or processed human foods are used.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 04:01:12 am »
safer than if you cooked it.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk