Author Topic: Liver Issues, Fat, Protein, Ammonia?  (Read 6864 times)

Offline DameonWolf

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
Liver Issues, Fat, Protein, Ammonia?
« on: December 13, 2008, 05:18:07 am »
For the longest time I've suspected I've had liver issues. So I got a question, say I do have liver detoxification problems ext ext. Is animal protein going to help me or make me worse? Would high fat be better? Any one have any documentation or experience with this issue?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Liver Issues, Fat, Protein, Ammonia?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 05:58:31 am »
    Whatever your reason for thinking you have liver issues, I don't know.  The stones that came out from the flushes?  Anyway, we all know that drinking too much alcohol can cause liver problems.  Also a symptom of overconsumption of alcohol is a hangover.  AV recommends, that if one has to drink alcohol, to eat two raw eggs, some unpasteurised unsalted organic butter and some unsalted unpasteurised cheese first, and then the morning after to follow with two more raw eggs.  I have tried this, and although I drank a lot that night, I did not get drunk, and I did not get a hangover.  I felt fine.  He says the fats protect the liver.

For the longest time I've suspected I've had liver issues. So I got a question, say I do have liver detoxification problems ext ext. Is animal protein going to help me or make me worse? Would high fat be better? Any one have any documentation or experience with this issue?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline DameonWolf

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 06:05:17 am »
That's kind of what I was thinking. I haven't been able to get around to increasing my fat, since the store I go to ran out of suet. I need more sources of animal fats. Raw milk cheese is crazy expensive, and as far as I'm concerned raw milk cheese from now on will be used for treating my nausea, lol. That worked within an hour or so, and my nausea has not come back since. But where can I get animal fats from? I realized eating a lb of steak a day was WAY higher protein than fat.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 06:23:55 am »
    Suet is a soft fat, which is nicer.  Can't you get raw butter where you are?  Any fat from grass raised animals is pretty good.  I eat (raw) chicken fat.  I buy thighs which naturally have fat in the meat and eat all the fat that comes with it.  Sometimes they only sell whole chickens or breasts though, so that can represent a problem.  You can ask the butcher for fat trim from grass raised steaks.  It's harder fat, but it should be good.

Another thing:  eating raw naturally raised calf's liver should be good for rebuilding your liver too.  Have you tried eating raw liver?

That's kind of what I was thinking. I haven't been able to get around to increasing my fat, since the store I go to ran out of suet. I need more sources of animal fats. Raw milk cheese is crazy expensive, and as far as I'm concerned raw milk cheese from now on will be used for treating my nausea, lol. That worked within an hour or so, and my nausea has not come back since. But where can I get animal fats from? I realized eating a lb of steak a day was WAY higher protein than fat.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline DameonWolf

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 06:33:19 am »
I have not tried eating raw liver. I figured it would be pretty tough to digest and I'm assuming a problem I have is my liver has detox dysfunction. Does liver have lots of fat or more protein?

Offline DameonWolf

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 07:08:32 am »
WOW,now that I look at it I'm kind of shocked. Okay so after taking out carbs for two days, this has been my callorie ratio. 0/10/90, so like 0 carbs, 10 fats and 90 proteins. I don't think I've ever eaten that much protein in my life. lmao!

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 07:33:59 am »
Wow, that certainly is a whole lot of protein and not much fat.
Are you sure you're taking into account the fact that fat is 9 calories per gram and protein is 4 calories per gram?

Also, if you suspect liver problems, eating raw liver would probably be a good idea.
I think there's a lot to the idea of like treating like (ie. eating liver helps your liver, etc.)
and also, I've never heard anything about raw liver being hard to digest. For me it certainly isn't.

Offline DameonWolf

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 09:14:26 am »
Oh man, okay definetley over shot that one. Basically I've been having about a half lb of assorted fish and a lb of beef sirloin steak every day. Still a lot of protein verse fat.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 10:28:04 am »
I have not tried eating raw liver. I figured it would be pretty tough to digest and I'm assuming a problem I have is my liver has detox dysfunction. Does liver have lots of fat or more protein?

Most mammals' milk contains no iron to increase the lactoferrin and reduce the risk of E coli infection in the vulnerable newborn.  Not to worry: a well nourished baby needs no supplementary or extra iron until a year or so, and then real food will be fine. The lack of iron in breast milk does explain why lightly cooked and even raw liver (rich in iron) is a first food for babies in Africa.

She not only goes to the farm co-op and picks up the raw milk for Kate, but she gets all the ingredients for the homemade formula and she makes it for Kate when we are there. She also buys beet kvass for us and pastured chicken and duck and chicken livers for Kate.

Wean with animal foods instead
• Cooked egg yolk (with raw liver
)
– Cook longer in higher altitude
– Rich in cholesterol, choline, and fat

To me it looks live even a four month old human with immature digestive tract can digest raw liver.

Offline Kristelle

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 08:12:51 pm »
I cannot emphasize this enough. Eat a little protein and plenty of fat! 80% and more fat, in terms of calories. If this gives you nausea, then slightly reduce fat.

Offline DameonWolf

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 10:53:16 pm »
Thanks Kristelle will do! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk