Author Topic: Our home made raw organic ice cream - how to and pics  (Read 4701 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Our home made raw organic ice cream - how to and pics
« on: April 16, 2013, 11:05:53 am »
Home made organic ice cream / raw ice cream with how to guide, sourcing and pictures. It is summer and ice cream just fills in that need for cool raw fats and hydration and nutrition. Purist raw paleo dieters may not like this, but I have an entire house hold to feed. This organic raw ice cream was made possible via a convergence of our house hold contributions...

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2013/04/16/our-home-made-organic-ice-cream-raw-ice-cream-how-to-with-pictures/

(I don't have a source of raw butter, but maybe you guys and gals do.)

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Our home made raw organic ice cream - how to and pics
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 08:43:35 pm »
Look at how dark those egg yolks are!
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 10:16:54 pm »
Look at how dark those egg yolks are!

that's what I noticed too, the only time I have had yolks that dark was when I was taking care of ducks that had a huge lake to eat algae off of, and some wild mallard eggs too.  man were they sulphury though!

GS, if you have access to milk does that mean you have access to cream?  if so, you can easily whip up some butter. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 10:43:23 pm »
Coconut milk is easiest to get around here. (so our ice cream is usually coconut milk)

Raw goat milk every Saturday I may have access to more reliably than the cow milk.

The organic cow's milk is way up in the mountains almost 2 hour drive one way and the supplier has no cell phone signal up there so the supply is not reliable. 

My supplier says she does not have enough milk fat to make butter.  It is only 1 cow and she is on month 3 of 8 months total milking.

In a 1 liter cow milk bottle we can see cream separate that may be 1/10 or less of the bottle, does that mean our milk is too lean? 

---------

And since some of you guys and gals think these eggs are cool, then please indulge in a wall paper sized shot of the same egg yolks up close attached to this post. :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:49:13 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 11:25:28 pm »
Since you live in a warmer climate it makes sense the milk has a low fat %.  No need for the mamas to fatten up the calves as much, as they are really not at a risk of freezing.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 02:33:43 am »
aajonus's raw ice cream recipe requires no non raw ingredients no actual freezing of the raw foods.

perhaps try making that one as well as it is probably much more nutritious.

it requires an ice cream maker.

i will make his ice cream soon.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk