Author Topic: Entomophagy - 10 reasons why we should eat insects  (Read 19873 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Entomophagy - 10 reasons why we should eat insects
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 05:50:58 pm »
Vat-grown meat is already a reality.  All that remains is for it to become cheap and widely available.  It will be far more efficient and cheap than raising actual livestock.  You just have to make sure it has the correct nutrients and nutrient ratios so that it will be as healthy as wild-caught and/or grassfed meat.

I predict vat-grown meat will be nutritionally acceptable for people like us to eat within 20 years or less.

Any links to vat grown meat?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 11:25:41 pm »
Sustainability  : capable of being maintained at a steady level without exhausting natural resources or causing severe ecological damage.

This means taking care of the land, reforesting, small scale agriculture, permaculture. Basically it is re-creating a bond with Mother Earth, consider her as a "live" entity and not a disposable toy..

That's ego mentality.

When I was working on some fruit farms, I saw such big wastes going on like looots of discarded fruits because did not fit some standards packaging size. And they would not sell those extra sized ones in other market because it would cause prices to go low.

I mean, that's consumeristic mentality.
And if we do not change this, we will apply it also to the bugs, does not matter if it is so "easy, convenient, fast, nutritious etc"....

I believe there is plenty of foods being produced and then thrown away without even reaching the shops.

Some thoughts about vat meat:

I do not believe vat meat will ever be sustainable because it uses "things" that nature does not produce, I mean, it is made in a freaking artificial lab!

And, there is not way it is going to be like the "real" thing.. 
Again, here we are dealing with consumeristic/materialistic mentality....

I just read an article about Peta offering 01 freaking million dollar to some scientists to create this in vitro meat. They are anti-Life!

An animal is not JUST a piece of fibrous meat. This is what these supposedly vegans go around and say but we can see they are not different from the mainstream who wants to badly replicate Life so that they could patent it as "real"!

I mean, I do not know if some of you are AWARE of the implications of this dangerous way of thinking!

Did you say vegans will be regarded as earth savers? Whatttttttt?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 11:57:07 pm »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 12:02:27 am »
Sustainability in my opinion is bullshit. If we would live a natural life there would be no point in even thinking about such things because in nature you cant do anything wrong.

The american indians used to run scores of animals off of cliffs. They would go down to where the bodies were and take the organs while leaving all of the muscle emat to be eaten by scavengers. There is nothing wrong with this as everything goes back to the earth.

Now when the supermarkets jsut take all their meat and fish at the end of a day and throw it in the trash that is different because its just going to sit in a landfill mixed with tons of other filthy garbage and wont be eaten y any other animal.

its the system thats unsustainable, not humanity on this earth. And plus, as soon as theres too many people for the earth to sustain, thos it cannot sustain will simply die off. THis concept of us having to interfere to save the earth is absurd and only being used as a scare tactic just like terrorism to get us to do whatever the government wants.

yes vegans and those who volunteer for sterilization as well as others will be regarded as heroes among the masses in the currently budding new age/theosophy/earth worship religion that the elites are replacing all of the old religions with now. Its all about being anti carbon dioxide (which just means anti life) and since the vegans reduce their co2 by not eating animals and the voluntary sterilization prevents them from producing more humans (the newly appointed common enemy of humanity according to the club of rome). Basically the more anti human you are the more you will be praised. The pyramid builders from alla round the world are of the same religion and always included human sacrifices on top of the pyramid. THe voluntary sacrificial victim was always praised by the populace and given perks before their death. This system is being brought back, It is called the perennial religion because it always disappears and returns. It disappeared (went into hiding) for the most part during the monotheistic period but is now once again resurfacing as it always does.
-----------

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 12:06:49 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_vitro_meat
Another madness in the GMO style.

I TOTALLY agree with you. ;)

http://io9.com/5415385/vat+grown-meat-alive-in-the-lab-but-not-ready-to-eat

They are investing millions of dollars to try to make this fake meat, what a shame!

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 12:09:29 am »
I can guarantee that vat meat will include hidden biological weapons just like every other food marketed to the masses.

It would be very interesting to see whos working on the vat meat. If its anything like the gm people, most of whom worked on biological weapons for the military before going to designing our food, then we know why they are pushing this.

i wouldnt touch it without the biological weapons either though.
-----------

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2013, 02:55:15 am »
OMG you people are fucking insane. FUCKING INSANE. What is wrong? SERIOUSLY JESUS CHRIST.

Sorry.

I already fucking posted a video where the guy has a solution for the entire planet and all Troll could say is "global warming is a conspiracy". Jesus fucking christ.

27 million years ago cows evolved. Apparently they were so good at converting low nutrient vegetation with their comparatively small bodies and quick reproduction rates compared to other megavores that plants got together and said "SOMETHING MUST BE DONE TO STOP THESE COWS". Well the cows didn't get stopped, so 2 million years later grass evolved, the first plant that grows from the ground up instead of from a growth point existing above the ground. Then grasslands were born, ecosystems that existed with massive herds of herbivores in lands with too little rainfall for forest, or where forest had recently been destroyed and was slowly regenerating.

Grass is the forgiveness of nature. If grasslands were allowed to thrive there would probably never again be another mass extinction, barring giant volcanoes, nuclear war and giant asteroids.

But of course man had to come in and wipe out all the game, then start saying we had to reduce livestock numbers for "conservation". The problem is grass needs HERBIVORES in order to survive.

As the author of the book Holistic Management said, if we holistically managed the world's livestock on half of the dry lands in the world, within ten years we would be at preindustrial carbon levels.

In the united states alone there is enough lawn to grow enough beef that everyone in America could eat NOTHING BUT BEEF.

There are solutions. Quit being muddy brained unthinking protoplasms. THINK. READ. FIND FACTS. GET UR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES. Your diet is already the solution for the world. Now it is time to make your diet heal the planet.

Livestock are the ONLY tools we have to heal the land...

Allan Savory: How to green the world's deserts and reverse climate change
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:16:08 am by RogueFarmer »

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2013, 03:16:48 am »
Anti livestock environmentalists, we'll chop you down like an old dead tree.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2013, 04:39:08 am »
im glad to hear that you KNOW what happened 27 million years ago.

id like to try your time machine out some time if you dont mind. I do agree with your point though. Grassfed livestock is the best solution to world hunger. Not to say i wouldnt want to eat some insects once in a while.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2013, 07:15:24 am »
OMG you people are fucking insane. FUCKING INSANE.

Yep. But they haven't done their research in these areas, so you can't expect much.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2013, 12:21:15 am »
hey, sorry for being a dick. pretty immature. I should be more careful with how I communicate. Had a real hard time down in Ohio and my nerves are still touchy. I can be pretty crude when I get frustrated.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2013, 01:04:18 am »
its only the internet. No worries :)

we are all raw meat eating brothers and sisters here as far as im concerned no matter what minor disagreements we may have.

No matter how much iv argued with anyone on this board, I still view them all as my kin. We are a very rare breed and need to stick together regardless of dairy debates or talk of "conspiracy theories" (the two most divisive issues here)because when it comes down to it we all agree on whats most important and thats the healing power of raw animal foods.
-----------

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2013, 02:42:20 am »
Anyways to further combat your idea that climate change is made up, I was talking to my new  friend and he told me that he thought part of the strategy behind the great corn roundup that is going on in this country is to get as much acreage as possible covered in ROUNDUP. The reason? Roundup kills bacteria. Bacteria causes rain. If we destroy all the land with corn and kill all the bacteria with roundup, things will get very hot and dry. A perfect climate for a seed company that wants to sell a GMO drought tolerant corn. Artificial food shortages lead to further control for the company that owns most of the seeds... that just rented BLACKWATER...

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2013, 04:12:48 am »
its only the internet. No worries :)

we are all raw meat eating brothers and sisters here as far as im concerned no matter what minor disagreements we may have.

No matter how much iv argued with anyone on this board, I still view them all as my kin. We are a very rare breed and need to stick together regardless of dairy debates or talk of "conspiracy theories" (the two most divisive issues here)because when it comes down to it we all agree on whats most important and thats the healing power of raw animal foods.

Thanks for this post, I'm glad to read that.  :)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2013, 04:53:08 am »
Anyways to further combat your idea that climate change is made up, I was talking to my new  friend and he told me that he thought part of the strategy behind the great corn roundup that is going on in this country is to get as much acreage as possible covered in ROUNDUP. The reason? Roundup kills bacteria. Bacteria causes rain. If we destroy all the land with corn and kill all the bacteria with roundup, things will get very hot and dry. A perfect climate for a seed company that wants to sell a GMO drought tolerant corn. Artificial food shortages lead to further control for the company that owns most of the seeds... that just rented BLACKWATER...

and im the one who gets called a conspiracy theorist just for citing think tank/ngo/world controllers/think tanks own public documents......

theres some true stuff in that post but it all seems pretty irrelevant to me on the topic of whether or not co2 causes global warming.

Please explain how any of that was relevant to co2 causing global warming.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
-----------

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2013, 10:46:57 am »
Tlk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk