Author Topic: Best grass fed meat online? Pasture Raised eggs as well  (Read 4210 times)

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Best grass fed meat online? Pasture Raised eggs as well
« on: May 09, 2013, 06:08:38 am »
I was wondering what is the best place to purchase grass fed meat online.  I live in southern california

I typically order from USWELLNESSMEAT (grasslandbeef.com). They claim their beef is 100% grass fed and grass finished. Are there superior beef and meat products out there other than grasslandbeef??

Also, I cannot seem to find a farm that sells 100% pasture raised eggs... all of them supplement the feed with some sort of grain.

I would appreciate the help

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Best grass fed meat online? Pasture Raised eggs as well
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 08:46:30 am »
I like North Star Bison, also Miller's Farm is good, now that they both have green grass for their animals.   US wellness plastic bag ages their beef, which does a weird thing to the fat on the outside.

Offline Foods4Health

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 06:00:03 am »
North Star Bison looks great. Was looking for something quite similar to this. Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

Offline jamiekelly

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 07:44:42 am »
Does anyone know of a place online  in eastern Canada that ships grass fed beef?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 07:37:10 pm »
US wellness plastic bag ages their beef, which does a weird thing to the fat on the outside.

I've noticed problems just letting my meat slightly defrost in the fridge while air sealed in plastic.

i used to buy my meat from whole foods, and it NEVER smelled bad. I started ordering direct from the farm and it always smelled. I realized it was because I let it defrost slightly in the bag. I started cutting it out of the bag and leaving it on a plate, no more smell.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk